Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1373&start_row=1

Church

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/7/2006 8:50:13 AM

I man is thinking for a while.
I've heard InI say many times that church is teaching the wrong things, What are these wrong things? Iman know that the don't accept the divinty of Selassie I. What else is wrong bout the church?
What other false things do they preach?

One Love

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/7/2006 9:04:43 AM

depends on the church

InI have problem wit Sunday worship, if you can't get the 10 commandments right, geeeeeeeeeeeesh

RSK

Messenger: JahIseek Sent: 3/7/2006 9:25:54 AM

ISES IVERMORE to H.I.M.
HAILE SELASSIE Ist
JAH RAS TAFARI
SELAH!

Yes I.. This could go on and on...

Here are a FEW examples (In I opinion):

1) Turn the other cheek
2) Suffer until one dies.. then ones will reap their reward (meanwhile the preacher man drives in with his Rolls... does he seem to be sufferin?)
3) Wait for GOD to come from the Sky... (JAH IS IN FLESH! SELAH!)
4) SIN.. All are born in it??? All must be forgiven for it?? And CONtinue to SIN meanwhile their so called GOD DIED FOR IT ALREADY! WHAT MADNESS IS THAT?
5) Jeezus. Call him GOD. SAY HE DIED.. (HOW COULD GOD DIE?!?)
Claim he had NO WIFE and NO CHILDREN... Make him seem to be VERY UNMASCULINE.. MANY PORTRAY him as blonde and blue eyed.. Which is not possible
6) Sabbath (As was mentioned earlier) which was changed by the Pope from Saturday to Sunday to include more "worshippers"
7) IMMACULATE CONception. Pure madness.. LIFE COMES FORTH from MAN AND WOMBMON in a oneness. ALL I-ception is DIVINE!
8) Wombmon is LOWER than man.. JAH CREATED BALANCE AND ONENESS - FoR WITHOUT one their cannot be the OTHER. And life cannot COME FORTH without BOTH.
9) Most teach the whiteness of the original peoples .. when even babiwrong science shows IandI otherwise.
10) That Egypt is BAD and WICKED.. and that they expelled JAHs CHOSEN ONES from Egypt (usually portrayed as white folx being expelled and Black peoples doing the expelling (again racist white supremacist shitstem at work)

I could go on and on... One thing I will say is that ONCE THE IBLE and the MISSIONARIES come into a country.. THE MADNESS soon COME.

Calling these original inhabitants "primitive" and "in need of saving" - when THESE ORIGINAL PEOPLES are LIVING AT ONE WITH NATURE - NOT CAUSING DESTRUCTION in every place they reach.. IS PURE FOLLY.

I look forward to sighting what others will say..

FORIVAH GIVING THANKS AND PRAIZES TO THE MOST HIGH
IANDI BLACK GOD AND KING
HAILE SELASSIE Ist
JAH RAS TAFARI!

SELAH

Sis Jahseekah

Messenger: JahWoek Sent: 3/7/2006 9:31:26 AM

the church only tell half the story...dem pick an choose what works for there specific domination..dem stop a Jesus and pay no attention to Revelations and the coming of the KING OF KINGS..last paragraph in the Ible say not to ignore prophecy..I&I dont hate church...just the fact that the false imposters lead alot of people searching for JAH astray...trust I..I seen it in I own family...and then the people are futher from JAH than ever..so I more or less feel bad for the church goers...an fiya bun all the wolves in sheep clothing..an catholic church...CHA...fiya bun dat too...dem parade around wit their dead Jesus on a stick..use power and intimidition to really lead the people from JAH...dem set them selfs with position of honor and honor dem selves..FIYA>>>>FIYA>>>>FIYAAAAA>>>>anyways yea
Selassie I
Live & Bless

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/7/2006 1:49:06 PM

Anytime you have an institution who makes money off of peope's need for gidance and spirituality, you have a problem.
Couple that with a doctrine of love and acceptance that accompanies actions that are highly exclusive. If you are anything other than a model Christian, then you are doomed to burn in Hell forever.
The church preaches hatred. Rarely does a sermon teach people to be loving and accepting of others, but more often it is centered around repenting. The average church service themes around discovering what the worshipers have done, are doing and may do in the future to envoke "God's wrath".
Churches tend to worship a jealous god, a vengful god and a spiteful god. God cannot contain these qualities a god but not the God.
Also the man called Jesus the Christ actually spoke about about many of the practices embraced by the church. Such as: collecting money from worshipers, vanity (ie: your Suday's best), false idols (the cross has no religious sanctity, it is the tool of the Christ's destruction), and the white elephant in the room has to be this: who can recall the man called Jesus the Christ attending a church service as a worshiper?
Personally, however, my main thing about the church is the alias the "House of God". I believe that anyone who has to build a place to house God is a born sinner. True believers know that God cannot be housed, and even if it were possible it would be incredibly undesirable, housing God would leave too many things without a living God. The spirit, the flesh and the womb, seen.

Messenger: Ras John C Sent: 3/7/2006 2:03:51 PM

I think when we recognize any problems in any institution or situation the question that must arise is "Why is this happening?"

Now to get all nit-picky about which day of the week does one celebrate sabbath and things just causes dissagreement and nothing else. Most Rastafarians I know in this city celebrate sabbath when they get a day to rest, not by the calendar. Man must eat, and the system we live in only gives us certain days and/or times when we can rest properly. At the end of the day what matters is intention and one's personal actions.

If you were to read Revelation you will see that not all people are able to see the King properly for who He is. Many of our family member are these people. Although my family has much respect for the King and HIM words, they are unable to see HIM as anything more than a man who did wonderous deeds for the benefit of mankind. And at the end of the day, what IS the difference?

Every honest Rasta knows that Ras Tafari teachings are about humility, respect and righteousness. And therefore every person who upholds these virtues is doing just as good a job getting through life as an honest Rastaman. If Selassie I wanted all of mankind to praise HIM when they give thanks to Jah than HIM would have come out and spoke of His Divinity. But He choose not to because when we move forward to do what is righteous and holy, we must look to righteousness and holiness for the answer- things which are within ourselves. We mustn't look at images constantly and depend on wearing certain colour to behave as holy people.

So what is the difference between Rastafari and all the different churches out there? For one thing Rastafari comes from the heart and the books merely back it up in an ancient context. You ask any Rastaman when he became Rastafarian, and no matter who his parents are or anything the answer remains the same: from birth. These Christians will not accept anyone as a Christian unless they submit themselves to the church first. Rastafari belongs to the wind, the ocean, the trees, the earth. We are born into submission of such things, because they will always be greater than us. Rastafari is the overstanding of such a situation and bringing resolution from our knowledge of what is righteous.

The churches try and make people think certain ways, which is unhealthy. Every person thinks in different ways, and this must be appreciated. We just need to know how to act with love and to learn with love, and everything- no matter what faith we 'belong' to, will be IRIE.

Blessed love- RAS TAFARI

Ras John

Messenger: rastaheart Sent: 3/7/2006 2:59:09 PM

Give Us the Teachings of His Majesty...

----------------

Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches

"......Ethiopia has been from ancient times well known for her hospitality, and this is not the first time she has welcomed holy fathers like yourselves. From the 4th century AD onward monks and saints have come from Egypt, Syria and other Christian countries to Ethiopia and have been received with high honor and great respect. To mention only a few among those who are canonized in the Ethiopian church the Nine Saints who came from different countries of the Middle East and Abuna Gebre-Menfus-Kidus are examples. These holy fathers, preaching and establishing monasteries in various parts of Our country have greatly contributed to Ethiopian Christianity. Therefore, many churches and monasteries are dedicated to them in undying memory of the spiritual services which they rendered to our country.

"In ancient times, when the Faith of the whole Church was one, Our country had the closest relations with the Emperors of Christian Byzantium. At the time when several Christian Peoples in the North became subservient to non-Christian powers, our country gladly provided asylum to thousands of Christian refugees. It had equally given asylum from religious persecution at an earlier date to the followers of the founder of Islam. Only when our own immediate neighbors ceased to be Christians did our contacts with our fellow-Christians in the North and East become difficult to maintain. Ethiopia, an island of Christianity, has make her own distinctive contribution to the Christian faith; for, ever since her conversion to Christianity she has remained faithful, her age-old ties with the Apostolic church uninterrupted. For this reason she is universally renowned as the faithful daughter of St Mark of Alexandria. The opportunity we have today to discuss our common interests and problems together is the fruit of that ancient unity. To defend the faith and to preserve our ancient ties with your respective countries, our fathers the Emperors of Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people have exerted great efforts all through our history. We are grateful to all of them.

It is therefore with great joy that We welcome Your Holinesses to Our land and to Our Church. Your Holinesses bring with you sacred memories from the ancient past. Your presence here is a pledge and token of the desire of all Christians to be one. Ever since We ascended the historic throne of Ethiopia. We have considered it Our duty to call for a meeting of the churches who belong to the same fold. We were praying to God for His help in achieving this holy purpose, so that He may grant it to Us to see this event. In ancient time the Byzantine emperors used to summon the councils. Our sincere wish from the very beginning was to see these churches meeting to discuss their common interests and decide on their common problems. This wish is in actual fact fulfilled today, and We are happy to witness it. Therefore, We thank Almighty God first because He has enabled Us to properly fulfill Our clear duty, and secondly, because Our long cherished desire has now met with fulfillment. Henceforth the matter will demand the spiritual unity and hard work of Your Holinesses. For strength can be achieved through unity, and success is the fruit of co-operation. There is no doubt that work done through a co-operative spirit shall meet with success. Christ affirmed:

'....that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.'

Matthew 18:19...................."

January 15th 1965 Addis Abeba

---------------

Investiture of New Patriarch

"Since We acceded to the Throne of Ethiopia by the Grace of God, We have always striven to improve the standard of living of Our people, to expand and strengthen the educational program of the youth of the country, and uphold the faith of Our Church. We are indeed gratified to see today the fruition of Our endeavors in these regards for which We thank the Master of the world, God Almighty.

"What more can We expect than to see the realization of the major things We had hoped for many years that the Almighty would help us achieve for Ethiopia?

"The world does not remain static but is always changing. Work should progress like the branches of a tree along a river bank, and among the numerous foundations We laid for Ethiopia's overall development, attaining an autocephalous status for the Ethiopian Church is one of the most important. To see the Ethiopian Church reach this stage of electing and consecrating its own prelate is a high achievement.

"When His Holiness, the late Abuna Bassilios, was elected first as an Archbishop of Ethiopia at a ceremony in Cairo some years ago, We felt a singular honor as this was one of the important accomplishments during Our reign and We thanked Our Lord for blessing Our efforts and for sparing Us to witness the consecration of the first Ethiopian patriarch. Although His Holiness Abuna Bassilios is no longer with us, the Ethiopian Church will continue to follow the spiritual path he has laid for her. His successor, His Holiness Abuna Tewoflos, has served the Ethiopian Church faithfully for many years and his experiences will, no doubt, help him meet his new responsibilities. We know both Abuna Bassilios and Abuna Tewoflos from the beginning of their early church services and We shall not forget their mutual confidence and love.

We thank God for enabling Us to be present here today to wish the dead to rest in peace and to congratulate the newly consecrated. There is nothing more We can do to repay God for all He has done for Our country except to thank Him. It is not humanly possible to repay the loving Son who, despite His innocence, was crucified to absolve mankind from sin, and yet prayed on the crucifix to His Father to forgive those who crucified Him.

Generations come and pass. the learned of our Church and the laity know what fundamental relations we now have, and had, with the Egyptian Church. It is religion that binds us with our brethren in Egypt. When We say religion, it is not restricted to the professed faith. In this connection no one should question the faith of others, for no human being can be a judge of the ways of God.

-----------

Formally Accepting the Title

Defender of the Faith

"Venerable and Holy Fathers, in listening to the profound spiritual message conveyed by your closing addresses, and appreciating the happy outcome of your sustained efforts, Our heart has been touched by profound gladness. It should therefore be clear to the whole world from the result of your work that Your Holinesses have been guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit to accomplish your task in love and unity.

"The great common tasks accomplished by the Conference in unison bestow on the true faith and true order of the Oriental Orthodox Church the admiration of the whole world.

"As Solomon says, physical distance cannot be a barrier to love,. Likewise, the distances among your respective countries have been abolished by the proximity of your hearts. You have thus been able to speak a single tongue and think with a single mind. We thank Almighty God for enabling Us to witness the realization of Our dream in the successful outcome of this historic Conference.

"We are therefore happy to express to you Our readiness, fortified by the results of this Conference, to invite you and the Eastern Orthodox Churches, and also other churches at a later date. We ardently hope that we shall meet once again in the not too distant future.

"As We stated at the inauguration of this Conference, to meet together, to take council with one another, and to act in mutual cooperation, has proved a most fruitful method both in the secular and spiritual fields. Henceforth the way is open for you to follow this fruitful path, and to this end, Our help and assistance will always be forthcoming, since We support your efforts and ideas out of an unshakable conviction that it is Our spiritual duty to do so.

"We are gratified in particular to note that the work of this Conference has been concerned purely with religious spiritual matters free from extraneous political considerations. This is only fitting and proper, for the church, as a symbol of peace, must follow the path of peace in all parts of the world. In this connection We are glad to note that your evangelistic mission in the world has received due emphasis in your deliberations, together with the recognition of the Christian duty to pray for the rights of man and the peace of the world. For world peace can only be made abiding by the Grace of God, through the prayers of the Holy Fathers. the truth of this cardinal fact is evident to all mankind.

"We ardently hope that Almighty God shall bless the implementation of our important resolutions and decisions, just as He has made possible the successful convening and conclusion of this historic Conference.

"Holy Fathers, We have welcomed the title you have given Us, Defender of the Faith, with great honor, May almighty God grace your name. May God welcome your work. We have received this title given Us by you Holy Fathers, with religious reverence. May your prayers help Us in Our effort to fulfill the task entrusted to Us."
January 21st 1965

----------------------------

Messenger: rastaheart Sent: 3/7/2006 3:09:31 PM

HIM Haime Selassie I's Speech to the World Council of Churches...

"Mr.Chairman,
Eminences and Distinguished Members of the Central Committee,

It is with feelings of great spiritual and personal happiness that We witness the convening of this meeting of the Central Committee of the World Council of Churches in Our capital city.

This is particularly so as it is more timely than ever for followers of Christ to gather to deliberate on current vital issues affecting international peace and justice.Man's egoistic motives and his selfish desire to pursue exclusively his own individual interests, thus failing in his God-given task of following the goal of the unity of all, is witness to the feebleness of human nature, and constitutes the major obstacle to the unity of all Christians towards which we strive.How long will we, who are disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, who are taught by the same Holy Bible, continue to remain divided amongst ourselves? Realizing that the time has come for the Church of Christ, divided for many centuries up till now, to come together in unity and work together, it is imperative for all of us to strive together, in accordance with the words of the Apostle, Ephesians, Chapter 4, verses 5 and 6 to clear the way and open it up for the realization of unity. Each church and all churches have the obligation, derived from their covenant with God, to proclaim the Gospel, to make disciples of all nations and thus to make the faith grow and bear fruit.

We Christians living by the faith of Christ, the Head and Pillar on whom the Church is founded, cannot escape the responsibility to work for the peace of the world, and to ensure equality for all human beings created by God, lest we fail in our duty by being mere passive witnesses to the gruesome spectacle of human beings, created in the image of God, being deprived by virtue of their color or their poverty, of the benefits and blessings that are the birthright of every man and all men, and suffering in agony, cast forth from the pale of full human existence.Man does not live by bread alone. The spiritual life does not deny, however, the need for bread. Therefore, the spiritual life of humanity must necessarily include the common aspiration of all of us for a better standard of living and for greater improvement in the quality of human existence.

May God our Creator, the Helper and guiding Light of us all, grant you His wisdom that your meeting may bear fruit for His glory. We sincerely wish you all success and pray that God may lead you to that unity which Christians all over the world eagerly await."

H.I.M. Haile Selassie I
Addis Ababa
January 12, 1971

Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/7/2006 4:52:00 PM

Iman gives thanks to each and everyone who replied.
Iman see the cross differently then Empress Nzingha, you say it's a symbol of the destruction of Jezus, Iman see it as a symbol of our salvation. But Iman give thanks to your personal view of the house of God.

One Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/7/2006 5:16:48 PM

The cross is a peice of wood. Each person assigns a meaning to it.

In Hewbrew history, the sacrafice of the Son of God, or the Lamb of God makes perfect sense.

We all know what passover is right? The blood of the lambs were put on the faithfuls doors so that when the judgement came they would be passed over. Christ was the Lamb that was slain so that we would be passed over.

Peace

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I