Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1341&start_row=1

Nigger or Negro

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS B Sent: 2/15/2006 8:03:55 AM

HOLY MOSIS I

Ark I

Hah di I feel bout di word nigger , I man mean hav' di I eba cal' a
black man nigger or negro an' why ? Seen som' ah dem black man cal'
one anada nigger bot if di whiteman,chinese or eben Indian man cal'
a black man nigger den al' hell bruk loose , why ?

By di way I man a CONCIOUS BLACKMAN an' neba ashame' fah dat , bot I
man no negro or nigger

Keep tha luv mon'

Jah arise an' let di wicketman scatta
Fya

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/15/2006 10:52:30 AM

Rasta does not accept or partcipate in negative Babylon derogatory terminology- especially when it singles out people on the basis of the colour of their skin...

Fire Upon Weakheartedness...Black man calling Himself by the names created in wickedness for segregation?!

At the time when Marcus Garvey was regerring to the Black Man as "Negro"- it was an acceptable term. InI reason that it no longer is...For Selassie I say: "until the colour of a man's skin..."

Tafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/15/2006 1:11:07 PM

Hail i idren

First , Zion I, i dont really overstand your reasoning. Perhaps im wrong but what is the problem with Negro ? If there is a different history to this word Negro that i am unaware of please enlighten i. As far as i know I come from a race of Negroid peoples as white people come from a Caucasoid race. Shouldnt white folks be referred to as caucasians ? When H.I.M Hail Selassie I said ,"until the colour of a mans skin," HE was speaking on Racism, that does not mean i shouldnt recognise my culture and heritage as a Black Man,as should white ,brown and all people should recognise their own. For the Earth is JahJah Garden and what is a garden with only one colour flower?

Second thing , coming to "Nigger" , is that i have always been a believer in that It is not what you do but how you do it and Its not what you say but how you say it. I have brethren who are not rasta around me all the time. Now, they know enough not to say this word to I or not to expect i to say it but they do so to each other. Now when they say "my nigga" to one another i man know that it is nothing but love that they have for eachother. And what can i have against that?
It dont matter NONE to i what the slavemasters intended what the word should mean because i recognise that in the minds of many Black youth the word has come to mean something similiar to the spirit of the "field nigger", the spirit of Rebellion, the spirit of Nat Turner and Harriet Tubman, the spirit of "By Any Means Nesessary"

Love to One and All
Rastafari the Iverliving

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/15/2006 2:58:00 PM

Yes I,

Iman reason that "...until a colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eye..."

Iman take HIM to teach that in the same way InI don't categorize JAH children as "black-eyed" or "green-eyed" InI must stop categorizing JAH Idren as "black" "red" "white" and so on. The distinction, for any purpose, in I mind, is irrelevant.

Yes be proud of the African heritage or whatever InI heritage is. But what does that have to be attached do the colour of skin.

That is what Iman reason humbly and look forward to the I's Iteations.

Give Thanks.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/15/2006 7:42:39 PM

Give thanks idren

"InI must stop categorizing JAH Idren as "black" "red" "white" and so on. The distinction, for any purpose, in I mind, is irrelevant."

My first problem with this is the use of the word "categorising" as it brings up images of compartmentalization and segregation and that is not what we are speaking of here.
Now going back to "...until a colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eye...", let us really examine this.I say again in saying these words HIM was speaking on racism,meaning that if you go to any part of the world no one will think twice about the brown , green or blue of your eyes in considering your acceptance in Education, Employment or anything else in all walks of life. Therefore why should it be any different when it comes to skin colour. This is what the Emperor imparted to the world when HE spoke these words.
Now this "distinction" you speak of was not man made. This is a natural trod and JAH is the Fullness of every trod. I feel that this world has experienced so much suffering because of racism that man cant even see clearly anymore. To I it is the same as saying male and female, yes we are all the same , we are all JAH children and yet, who would say male and female are not distinct from eachother.
"Yes be proud of the African heritage or whatever InI heritage is"

Yes I, but how can i be proud if i dont recognise and glorify the most signifying character of i African heritage which is I Blackness ?

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/15/2006 8:33:56 PM

Yes I Bredren KebreAB,

I sight the I. Blackness is one of the great beauties Jah Almighty endowed InI with- along with Whiteness nand Yellowness and Redness and Beigeness and ALittle lighterBrownness...no intent to be facisious blessed bredren....but I reasoning is- how does the celebration of one's blackness justify one's use of derrogatory names or names which catefgorize Jah people by the colour of their skin? Ras Tafari is impartial...in other words He will not distinguish between His Idren on the basis of such superficial (albeit beautiful) factors such as the colour of a man's skin or eyes- which He Himself created in His Pleasure and in His image. He will judge all by their righteousness. So InI say let InI, likewise, check for InI righteousness before we check for the beauty of InI blackness, whiteness, yellowness, brownness....Leave Colour of skin out of it- it leads to attrocities...today one man says a colour is beautiful, tommorrow another man says it is the most beautiful, and the next day he says it is the only one worthy of life...

Would apprecialove InI iditations on this reasoning.

Praises to the Most High.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/15/2006 11:35:44 PM

Blessed I
As i attempted to explain earlier the word we speak of only becomes derogatory when spoken derogatorily. InI as Rasta should know that InI create our own reality. Therefore, even though i dont accept it in my reality , if another black youth can take a word meant to cause pain and transform it into a word of strenth i have no problem with it.
RAS B asked "Seen som' ah dem black man cal'
one anada nigger bot if di whiteman,chinese or eben Indian man cal'
a black man nigger den al' hell bruk loose , why ?
Dont you see how this word has even become a sign of unity, in that only black youth are allowed to use it?And if its one thing InI in the black community need is Inity
Other than that thy word are right and true, Righteousness First. It would be a foolish blackman who thinks his blackness grants him an automatic pass through Zion Gates

Rastafari Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/15/2006 11:40:44 PM

Let not the Truth be an offense
Everyone on earth come out of the African Womb

MIDNITE - Propoganda

Hear me now Lord
Hear me now Lord

Hear me now Lord
Tell them call pan Fari
The whole of the youth and them
Fe say Rasta Fari
Hear me now Lord
Tell them call pan Fari
The whole of the youth and them
Fe say Rasta Fari
Fari the whole a the youth
An them fe say Rasta Fari

Oh gash original man
He was black
He was black
He was an African carbon
Science will show that
And prove that over and over ra again
Jah see and know
We tell them
Honor your fathers that your days may be long
Original black man
We were here from foundation of time
We will remain until the end
Jah see and know

Hear hear wha
Back is absolution of all light and color
So hear me little systa
In the earth and in the sky are
The cycles of your womb
See your self precious once again
We are hurt for the hurt of
The daughters of our people
She and her tears could find no comforter
Our hands are again strong
We will be there for our daughters
We will be there
Jah see and know

Oh gash
Black is the color of our Solar System
Out of blackness was born the light
Black is the color of the whole universe
Your morning starts with darkness
Did not your morning start with darkness
Did not your morning start with darkness
Did not this morning start with darkness
Well so does tonight
Alpha alpha and omega I
The beginning and the end

All aboard
I’m not leaving without my
contributions accounted for
All aboard
I’m not leaving your vineyard without
The groundwork accounted for
Man will learn to humble to his knees
Many live and die unnecessarily
Man will learn to pray with long suffering
Many live and die
Still pretending

Hear wha
Every knee shall bow
And every tongue confess
Rasta Fari Selassie I live
Every knee shall bow
And every tongue confess
Rasta Fari Selassie I live

Go down do down a Ithiopia
Come come out of Fari Makonen Emperor
Come come go down
Go down a Ithiopia
The ancient ancestors
Call from our blood lines they remember
Word sound and power will over
Word sound and power
Hear rasta
Word sound and power
In this ya Armageddon
No retreat and no surrender

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/16/2006 12:48:14 AM

Ras B,

I have never called a black Man nigger or negro. And about african men who call eachother nigger, in recent history it has been used by black men in friendly terms and also to offend each other. It doesn't make sense to I that black men call each other nigger, there are so many other words to signify rebellion or other things if that is the intention.

I personally wouldn't use a deragatory term towards Iself or others of I ancestry, but if other people want to do that amongst themselves it is not my business.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 2/16/2006 6:33:03 AM

HOLY MOSIS I

T'anks Ark I an' al' bretren an' sistren dem , I man t'ink stil' dat
di I's runnin' away fram mi trut' , seen di I's no ashame' wen
adressin' demsef as RASTAFARI bot neba wan one an' al' callin' wan
anada NIGGER or NEGRO. Fah di I dis tin' lak Windows dem hav' XP , Millenium etc bot al' ah dem belan' to Microsoft seen.

IanI al' belan' to one JAH KINGDOM bot stil' I anI BLACK an neba
ashame' dat an mi ris di I's couda at list be proud ah demsef an dem culture seen.If di I White den let al' ah dem white I's be concious
an'proud fah dat , cos I man nu go feel no ashame' wen mi adress IanI
as BLACK RASTA

I man ah BLACK lion inna JAH KINGDOM bot I man no nigger or negro

Keep tha lov

Jah arise an let di wicketman scatta
Fya

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I