Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1339&start_row=1

Covered or uncovered heads

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/13/2006 5:23:32 AM

1 Corinthians 11:4
Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

1 Corinthians 11:7
[7] For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Does this mean not to wear a turban, I know it saids that it is not allowed when the I is praying or prophesying. But is there also a verse thats says to wear a turban or any other form of head-covering.

One Love

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/13/2006 8:43:17 AM

Corinthians is one of my most cherished books; I have overlQQked these verses. Let's look at context and reason more. Query: what does it mean for woman, being glory of man, should she cover or not cover?

RSK

12 tribe isrealites in this area teach that woman should not uncover her head in the presence of male isrealites

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/13/2006 11:03:38 AM

1 Cor. 11:5
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

1 Cor. 11:6
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

So if a woman doesn't wear something to cover her head, she might as well be shorn, or wear something anyway.

What I don't like about 1 Cor. is that it seems that wombmans are being downpressed.

One Love

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/13/2006 2:30:45 PM

Do Jah works Rasta: feed the hungry; heal the sick; care for the aged; protect the children; protect the weak and defenceless; give more than you receive; LOVE Jah in everything you do...don't spend too much precious time worrying about whether while doing those things, what you are wearing-on your head.

Paul said many worthy things, but some which don't check with Ras Tafari...(see Ark I reasoning on this under "Apostle Paul-Early Baldhead?).

Selassie I

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/13/2006 6:42:32 PM

True, and if things don't mind, but still it's mentiond in the Ible, should we leave it that way???. Details for perfection, And because I want to wear a turban, I would like to hear the I's Ideas
This is a place to reason, exchange thoughts, this was just an other thought, ofcourse it doesn't (really) matter. but I liked to share I thoughts whit the I's

One Love

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/13/2006 7:20:29 PM

Bless White Dread,

Iman carry the locks as a reminder to Iself of InI covenant with Jah.

If a bredren wishes to express Iself in a turbOne- Iman say that's Irey and Rastaful as long as the turbone does not become a symbol of seperation; demarcation; or classification of Jah children.

Also InI work towards putting down the mirror- so Iman reason that in everything, InI check to Iliminate the Vanity..as far as possible and in good time and season.

Otherwise, wear what gives the I Iration,,,,as brother Bob chanted: "...ain't no rules ain't no vows, we can do it anyhow..."

Humbly,

One Rasta

Selassie I

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/14/2006 3:16:10 AM

True,

Iman would never use a turban for seperation, Iman is not Bobo, or Nyabighni or TTI, Iman follow Rastafari, althought I still have some things fi correct.

One Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/14/2006 5:52:33 AM

I got off the 2 train in Brooklyn on my way to a session
Said let me help this woman up the stairs before I get to steppin'
We got in a conversation she said she a 107
Just her presence was a blessing and her essence was a lesson
She had her head wrapped
And long dreads that peeked out the back
Like antenna to help her get a sense of where she was at, imagine that
Livin' a century, the strenght of her memories
Felt like an angel had been sent to me
She lived from nigger to colored to negro to black
To afro then african-american and right back to nigger
You figure she'd be bitter in the twilight
But she alright, cuz she done sseen the circle of life yo
Her skin was black like it was packed with melanin
Back in the days of slaves she packin' like Harriet Tubman
Her arms are long and she moves like song
Feet with corns, hand with callouses
But her heart is warm and her hair is wooly
And it attract a lot of energy even negative
She gotta dead that the head wrap is her remedy
Her back is strong and she far from a vagabond
This is the back of the masters' whip used to crack upon
Strong enough to take all the pain, that's been
Inflicted again and again and again and again and flipped
It to the love for her children nothing else matters
What do they call her? They call her aunt Sara.

"For Women" by Talib Kweli

Messenger: JahIseek Sent: 2/14/2006 11:51:33 AM

I-ses Ivermore to the Most High
IandI Black God and King
Haile Selassie Ist
JAH RAS TAFARI!
SELAH

As for the covering of ones locks.... (I personally do so cah IandI POWAHS are not for I-very eye, seen?!)

Leviticus 21:10
And he that is HIGH PRIEST among his brethren, upon whose head the ANOINTING OIL was poured, and that is I-secr(e)ated to put on the GARMENTS, shall NOT UNCOVER HIS HEAD, nor rend his clothes.

Give thanks ITINUAL to H.I.M.!
SELASSIE I
IVERYTIME
Bless

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/14/2006 12:51:38 PM

It's like this...
When I n I am going to a holy ceremony I wrap up my locks, seen.
When I n I am just going out I put on a hat or scarf sometimes even a visor.
But I n I no fraid to unleash my locks in good company, ie friends, family, loved ones.
No one touches my hair without my permission, seen.
Why do I do this, couldn't tell you, I always have. Nobody told me to do so, it's just what feels right and good in my soul, seen.
No book, not one, can tell you everything needed in life. Or even how to live your life, seen. Only the Most High can pilot your ship seen. Don't War-ship, seen, live rightious and up right. What feels good and clean vrs what feels wrong and dirty, seen. Follow your inner guidence and everything cool.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I