Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1329&start_row=1

Bob Marley- John The Babtist?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/9/2006 6:48:53 PM

InI have heard of Bob being compared to Joseph (Judy Mowatt). One of his band members (Aston Barrett) was quoted as having said words to the effect that he was 'an ordinary man doing extraordinary things'. Other Rastas Iman have reasoned with have preferred to move on from Bob- ever forward leaving the 'dead' to the dead and the dread to the dread. Yet another Iditation is Rasta never dies so Bob still does Jah works,

For Iman, Bob and the music which came through him not only pointed me to Ras Tafari but gradulaly solidifies I faith and teaches I the 'Way'.

Would apprecialove reasoning on bredren's iditations on the similarity of Bob and St. John.

Was Bob the prophet of Ras Tafari- or was Marcus Garvey? or both?

Selassie I.

Messenger: abp Sent: 2/9/2006 7:48:38 PM

All I know is Bob na "dead". Me felt im Irit alright an close when I nI have me spiritual visitation inside Jah Nesta very tomb on July 22/ 1992.

The rest of the evening me sick. the Rasta's conversed softly on de porch as night came down around Higate. Over and over them a say dis: "She truly Jah Nesta sista as Bob Irit come to her so-- rise up and pull her down so inside!!"

I remember feeling strange and watching the white candles flickering in the breeze. When I awoke the next morning, I n I was a parish hero.

Jah Know.

Rasta
Ivity.

"abp"

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/9/2006 10:36:55 PM

The Hon. Robert Nesta Marley, born February the 6th 1945 is of the Tribe of Joseph.

Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours. {Genesis 37:3}

To answer your question Zion I, yes Bob profitted from Ras Teferi.

In my opinion Marcus Garvey forfitted his inheritance when he criticized the Emperor and defamed HIM.

But I reserve all judgement for God.

Selassie I ~

P.S. Neither one of them are John The Baptist reincarnated. That's a fact !!!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/9/2006 11:06:32 PM

The Rt. and Hon. Marcus Mossiah Garvey is John the Baptist.

Give thanks

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/9/2006 11:43:31 PM

Whatever ~ Prove it !!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/10/2006 12:15:23 AM

Both Marcus Garvey and Bob Marley are prophets of the Most High Jah RasTafarI.

Bob Marley baptized many people in Jah RasTafarI, even up to today. The reason Bob Marley prospered in his music is because Jah gave him the strength to do Jah works. Bob Marley showed the world about Haile Selassie I. Baptizing Ones and Ones by his words of Fire.

---------------------------
Whatever the task may be, man may begin it but he cannot complete it, unless God sustains and supports him.
-Haile Selassie I

Work
---------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/10/2006 4:26:26 AM

Teff, I have nothing to say to you nor need I prove what I man acknowledge as Right.

Give thanks for the Prophet, John Marcus I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/10/2006 8:08:30 AM

Not to critize bob marley,
but he is Rastafari, and as many say a prophet.
It's no secret that he cheated..he had about 8 or 9 children with other woman. And there is a rumour saying that bob marley abused his wife, but then again...it is a rumour

One Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/10/2006 9:27:27 AM

John the Babtist cleared a path for Iyasus
Marcus Mosiah Garvey cleared the path for Haile Selassie I

Dreadnut, dont let those that dont know any better provoke thee to anger
Ark, Iman love how you sight things
White Dread, "it is a rumour".....so why spread it?
Tefer, if right or wrong, will you never learn how to talk to yr brethren and sistren?
What is this Death the i dem speak of? InI God is a God of the living

Jah Liveth in everything

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/10/2006 10:01:18 AM

How many John the Baptists are there running around with their heads chopped off ??? Marcus Garvey may have prophesied the coming of a black king from Africa foretelling the redemption of the black race, but when Haile Selassie received His new name at the baptism pool in Ethiopia, he was recognized by His peers as a super natural child who was destined to be the Redemer of all mankind in His second advent. When John (Eyesus's cousin) baptized HIM in the Jordan River, he recognized His Kingly character and prostrated himself before HIM. There is an obvious difference between these two seperate events, however both ocurances are parallells. Don't confuse your own imaginations with the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit. A common mistake for most rookies. Keep on running Dreadnut !!! SELASSIE EYE ~

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I