Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1329&start_row=21

Bob Marley- John The Babtist?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/14/2015 12:11:11 PM

well. babylon religion tells people that human beings are only capable of a limit perception. so we would only be able to see 1% of the world and stuff like that. no matter if you deal with the bible or not it is always said that we should honor the words of prophets. and that there is good and evil is a fact everybody can see.

i don't know. what do you think about men being able to prophecy things through spiritual powers? sometimes we think of people just before they are calling. we can also see certain items and have a right imagination of where they have been sometimes. or the fact that we wake up just before the alarm clock starts to make a noise. some philosophers claim that human beings have just the right tools to do what they have to do.
i think that no matter what demons or angels or aliens or material is there, it's still all about being true to ones identity and doing the right thing. to me, jah has the power to let us do everything we believe in. but we have to fight evil powers all the time.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 2:27:03 PM

Reading this thread a number of issues come up. Why we ALWAYS a need a prophet? Judeochristianity always searching for the prophet and the messiah. Can't we just apprecilove dem both for who they were? It seems to be too religious, the mindset behind it.

Furthermore it seems we are saying a Prophet of Rastafari is one who awakens people onto the movement. Bob has done this for many and probably reached more people than Marcus. Yet Marcus was before Bob and even before the crowning of HIM. Also the numbers Marcus did reach have to be put into perspective as a black man in that era....

Still, I spreadt the message of Jah and have had a part in turning ones and ones over to the message of His Majesty. People who had heard Bob but never awakened in RasTafari with Bob. And may never have heard of Garvey. Does this make I any less of a prophet?

My point is, if you spreading the message of HIM then by the definiton IT seems most people are going with then all RastafarI people would be prophets.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 2:28:37 PM

Another argument (which I like) is that all Rastafari people are CHRIST: Sons and daughters of Jah, spreading a new revelation, not working for Rome, sacrificing ourselves for the cause.

May seem crazy but remember the original ancient way of looking to the Netjers was to see them as divine manifestations of ones SELF.

Christians don't like when I tell them I am CHRIST.

Lol.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/14/2015 4:12:30 PM

of course we all are christ. christ in you, christ is in me. we are all jah children. even the meaning of a prophet may depend on the one you ask. i like the point that we need no supernatural powers because everyone of us carries a piece or a blessing of god with us.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/14/2015 5:24:25 PM

John the Baptist Prepares the Way. Signaling the coming Messiah.

Matthew 3: 1 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea 2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” 3 This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: “A voice of one calling in the wilderness, Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’

Personally I cite the great Marcus Garvey as paralleling John the Baptist. Saying "Look to Africa for the crowning of a Black king." Ethiopian Emperor Qedamawi Haile Selassie.
Psalm 68: 31 Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

Concerning Robert Nesta Marley, I cite a biblical parallel to Joseph.

Addis Ababa statue of Bob Marley

Genesis 50:25 ; Exodus 13:19 ; Joshua 24:32 ; Hebrews 11:22

Bless
One Love

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/14/2015 6:54:57 PM

Which Joseph would Bob be?

Which princes come outta Egypt is in reference?
Kemet had many Kings and Queens of many dynasties!

Africans had been lookin to Ethiopia and Ras Tafari before Garvey spoke those words and even before that Africans looked to Ethiopia and to King Menelik II headed off by Benito Sylvian of Ayiti

Garvey's movement was/is a waay different supm from John the Baptist's

Where is Howell in all this? People mention Garvey and Marley but no Howell concerning RastafarI!

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/14/2015 7:38:42 PM

now what i really have to do is learning more about ethiopian history.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I