Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1307&start_row=1

What is hell

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/2/2006 6:04:08 PM

I believe hell is like a prison..the time you do depends on the size of the sin. I've heard about that the church made up the story that hell is a put of fire, because people knew what a pain it was to burn for ever they would join a church. BUT...in my opion it could be true..or is true..in my aspect of how I see hell. Fire burns the wickedness out of people, so i thought if hell is fire and people with wickedness are trown in there. Eventually the wickedness has to be burned, maybe may enter JAH kingdom..Once again this is my opion.
Jah will be forIver with us. Even in hell.
Psalm 139:8
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

I know most (or all) Psalms are human interpertations of what they think of god, if I express Iself correctly.

Hope you will have something to reason bout

One Love
One Aim
One Destiny...JAH KINGDOM!!!

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/2/2006 6:16:19 PM

If, and it is a big if, there is fire in hell it is a cold flame. However, the most likely senerio is abyss. Meaning emptiness; just you, your thoughts and darkness for eternity. It's pretty much the effect of floating in space.

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/2/2006 6:23:34 PM

Seen. Thought of that too..wich is a worse fate than to burn.
what is your opion about psalm 139:8 that jah will be with us in heaven and even in hell..but like i said before, it's a humans interpretation.

One Love

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 7:22:02 PM

"hell" is a translation of the Hebrew word "sheol", which signifies the unseen state.
"sheol" is also trnslated in different verses in different translations as "lowest pit", "pit", "grave" and is often left untranslated as "sheol".
the Greek word "gehenna" is sometimes translated as "hell" and sometimes the original Greek word "Hades" is left to signify "hell".

Iman take hell to mean suffering ignorance, here and now.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/2/2006 7:28:40 PM

You guys / gals aren't reading your bible(s) are you ? Hell is a burning lake of fire, the bowels of the earth, where Satan dwells. He is the Lord of the underworld, he and his angels also have dominion here on earth for an appointed time, before God will destroy everything with fire and seperate the wheat from the weeds, the sheep / goats from the wolves / dogs , and cast down Satan into the bottomless abyss forever. Meanwhile God will also establish His New Heavens and His New Earth where the Righteous Resurrected Souls will dwell for evermore. Feel free to elaborate anybody ~ JAH

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 7:41:38 PM

where does the Bible say that "Hell is a burning lake of fire, the bowels of the earth, where Satan dwells."?

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/2/2006 7:41:40 PM

Hell is a burning lake of fire, the bowels of the earth, where Satan dwells.

prove it.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/2/2006 7:43:44 PM

yes when Christ uses the word hell in the NT He uses the word gehenna, which is the southern tip of Jerusalem. it used to be home to the god molech. The Israelites were taken to war against them and they built a furnace, a blazing pit of fire that was used to destroy garbage and dead bodies ....... so because of the idol worship that was a gwan prior to israelite take over, the new fire pit became a symbolic hell, gehenna.

peace

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/2/2006 8:31:13 PM

[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Something bout Lake Of Fire, the death and hell where both casted into the lake of fire, so I assume the the hell is burning in the lake of fire.

One Love

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/2/2006 11:28:50 PM

HOTA FIRE !!! Can't quench this judgement with water. Blaze dem ~ Seyife Selassie

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I