Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1306&start_row=1

Ital

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/2/2006 11:31:17 AM

Blessed Idren.

Give thanks for InI reasoning on Ital.

Has the time come to stop killing all sentient things for food, or can InI still justify eating fish?

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/2/2006 11:44:19 AM

If you eat fish you must make sure it is wild caught fish rather than farmed. And even wild caught is not really safe because of the levels of pollution in the waters. The mercury levels in fish is becoming very dangerous. It has become less a question of morality and more a question of safety. Foods are being manufactured in labratories rather than grown. Geneticly altered food is not safe for human or animal consumption. I suggest shopping at farmers markets or buying organic foods from regular grocery stores. Also I recommend planting a garden to anyone with the space to do so. Start a community garden if you live in the inner city, find a vacant lot or under-used park and create a place for your neighborhood to sustain itself.
Join an existing community exchange garden, any thing that gets you out of the grocery store is a good thing.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 12:27:07 PM

One must consume life to live, there is no nutrition outside of matter that is or was alive. (please define sentient)

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/2/2006 12:53:19 PM

Ital pasta the taste you'll savour ~ CHEF TEFF inna da house !!!

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 1:10:42 PM

Sounds great Teff, now I'm hungry !!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/2/2006 1:49:25 PM

Don't eat wild fish, Don't eat farmed. There both just as bad, if not th wild being worse. I am a fish monger for a living oddly enough.

All commercial caught fish should be stopped. Its gross for 1, because were are herbavores and ARE NOT MEANT TO EAT ANIMAL PERIOD!

Empress is right that the water is so filfthy that the wild fish is just as bad as farm raised. Not all fish has mercury problems, but many due and the more and more toxins that develop over the next few years are going to make those odds only grow.

Not true for every farm but, they feed farmed fish wild fish, with a few companies who do vegetarian feed fish, but it takes 5 lbs of wild fish to produce 1 lb of edible farm fish.

Not just how it affects our diet, look how it affects our world. FISHING DESTROYS THE CORAL REEF BECAUSE HUGE HUGE NETS WITH CHAINS ON THE BOTTOM SCRAP THE OCEAN FLOOR AND RIPS ALL THE CORAL OUT OF THE OCEAN! IF WE HAVE NO CORAL REEF, THEN WE ALL DIE, THE WHOLE WORLD, FOR A PEICE OF WILD CAUGHT SALMON, FYAH BUN.

INI PEOPLE OF THE WORLD NEED TO WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT WE ARE HUMANS AND NOT BEARS OR LIONS. WE ARE NOT MEANT TO EAT MEAT BY ANY STANDARD. FYAH BUN THE MILK AND EGGS TOO RASTA. IF YOU BUY MILK, YOU BUY VEAL. THATS HOW IT WORKS.

ITAL IS VITAL, LET INI STOP PUTTING DEAD BODIES IN OUR MOUTH.

HIS MAJESTY WAS A VEGAN!

Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 2:33:27 PM

Dreadnut,

The I seh:
"Its gross for 1, because were are herbavores and ARE NOT MEANT TO EAT ANIMAL PERIOD!"

I have always figured that mammals have two kinds of teeth; flat ones like our molars are for grinding vegetation, the only kind that herbivores have, and then there are incisors like our front teeth which are for tearing meat and fill the mouths of predators such as felines and canines. Humans having both of these kinds of teeth seem to me are omnivorous and are intended to consume both vegetables and meat to provide optimal nutrition. If cats stopped hunting or cattle stopped grazing it would affect the entire food chain, could it be that by denying our natural place in the food chain we actually are having a negetive effect on it?

Clearly, mass production and distribution of food products by industry is a good idea gone bad. Instead of concentrating on feeding everyone the shitstem focuses on the profitability of food production, thus inviting greed and corruption. "Thy blessing unto InI O JAH, let the hungry be fed."

I have never seen it said that HIM was a vegan. This would be quite remarkable since, I believe, Ethiopian culture at the time still considered raw meat a staple delicacy. Iman would like to know the I's source for saying He was vegan, give thanks.

And where's that Ital pasta Teff?

ONE LOVE

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/2/2006 2:59:11 PM

Yo, almond milk is the bomb! (..eating a bowl of rasin bran with almond milk..)
Human teeth are design to eat a diet of mostly plants, however we are also able to consume meat that is hunted down. Meaning like once a week at the most, special occasions, etc. but certainly not daily consumption. The human digestive tract is not capable of consuming large quantities of meat, it's far too long. We should be eating mostly fruit, followed by leafy greens and roots. With a companion of carbohydrates, oats, bread, ceareals... etc. And on occasion fresh wild caught game, but more sea food than mamal.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/2/2006 3:50:47 PM

Dread lion, I found that info on several sources. I forget ones of them, but the other was the Selassie home website. I forget the link, but they actually said that in HIMs last three days He asked for four slices of raw meat. But I haven't heard much other than that.

No meat.

First off our teeth and jaw motion, second our fingernails, third our intestines size, fourth our stomach acidity.

Our teeth are flat and our jaws move from side to side unlike meat eaters. Our facial muscles are much more developed than meat eaters because of this. Meat eaters have an up and down motion which helps them to tear flesh. Our fingernails aren't meant for ripping open flesh and carcass nor could we do this with our teeth. Our fingernails are round and soft indicating that we were meant to pick fruits and vegetables.

Our intestines are very long unlike the carnivore and even most omivores. When meat, even cooked is passed through this long intestine it develops diseases and causes us to get sick.

And probably the most important is our stomach acidity level. The acidity levels of omnivores and carnivores enable those animals to eat even up to as much as 200 times or more their usuale intake of animal fat, cholesterol and saturated fat. ANIMALS WHO ARE MEANT TO EAT MEAT WILL NEVER DEVELOP HARD OR CLOGGED ARTIERIES OR SUFFER FROM OBEISITY. The acid in the animals stomach is so powerful that it stops all of the cholesteral and fat from doing internal damage to the animal.

WE DO NOT DO THIS. A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF AN OMINIVORE IS A BEAR. BEARS EAT FRUITS AND ANIMALS. BUT BEARS DON'T CATCH SALMON AND LINE IT WITH BASIL AND LEMONS AND THEN COOK IT. THEY EAT IT RAW AND UNPREPARED. BUT YET EVEN WHEN WE COOK MEAT AND SEASON IT AND EVERYTHING ELSE, THIS COUNTRY ALONE SUFFERS 75 MILLION FOOD BOURNE ILLNESSES A YEAR! THATS IS QUITE ALOT. 70% OF THAT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO ANIMAL FLESH IN ITSELF. THE REST OF THE PERCENTAGE IS FOODS THAT CAME INTO CONTACT WITH MEAT PRODUCT SOMEHOW.

SO THE QUESTION IS IF WE ARE SUPPOSED TO EAT MEAT, THEN WHY IS IT KILLING EVERYONE AND MAKING THEM FAT AND SICK, WHICH BY THE WAY BEING OVERWEIGHT DOES COUNT AS A DISEASE. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?

NO MEAT.

PEACE

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 4:16:36 PM

Give Thanks Bredrin fi the I's reasonings. I was unaware of the intestinal length and stomach acidity reasonings, they are very good points. As far as fingernails, well, Jah gave us these big brains to compensate for that! Also the points about obesity are excellent, it makes sense that no normal animal eating its natural diet would ever develop such an obesity problem as is evident in humans.

I guess ultimately the only way to determine our natural diet is from our health, and Americans are none too healthy!

Dreadnut, did the I say you are in Oregon and know JahTerms?

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I