Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1306&start_row=11

Ital

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/2/2006 4:56:16 PM

I heard that His Imperial Majesty was a strict vegetarian from my right hand man Abyssinia, who met someone in Ethiopia who knew HIM personally, possibly even one of his cooks. Although I do believe that He tried different foods, including meat and dairy, especially while living in exile in Bath, England. My Dad also relayed some info from one of his South African mechanic buddies, who met an Ethiopian gentleman of Iraqi origins, who until recently (R.I.P) ran a beef export business in Ethiopia, and knew the Emperor personaly back in the day and engaged in diamond exporting ventures together with Haile Selassie I. So it is not impossible that the King ate meats including beef, chicken, fish, & lamb on non-fast days, accordng to the customs of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Igziabhier~Ab

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/2/2006 7:45:07 PM

I just had to share with y'all.
I made myself a toasted veggie ham and cheese with tomato and alfalfa sprouts on potato bread, oh my goodness. it is sooooo good. I just had to share this experience with somebody. plus I got some organic baby carrots and a ginger beer. If I can't get one of these in Heaven I don't wanna go.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/2/2006 7:45:08 PM

Dread lion, yes rasta. I man live in Oregon and know bredren Terms.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 7:55:25 PM

Dreadnut,

I'm sure we know some of the same Rastas then. I'm in Humboldt and there are many ones from Oregon who have made the trod down here for Ises.
I'd actually like to contact Terms, do you have an e-mail address for the bredrin?
I will definitely mention it here next organized Ises, maybe the I will be able to forward. InI Rases will be trying to facilitate inviting and hosting an Elder from yard.

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 2/2/2006 11:49:42 PM

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 2/2/2006 11:54:01 PM

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I