Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1298&start_row=11

Iditations on Blackness

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/1/2006 9:43:00 AM

Ark I, thanks for the reasoning. Maybe I should not have used duality in that sense, I dont like to say that duality is good and evil in that sense, for I believe evil is merely the lack of goodness, however I agree with the post that followed about no ground no jumping.

What i wanted to explain is that nowadays people get offended (any color!) when certain words are used, due to the past happenings that put a negative spin on these words. I believe it would be wise to bring about positive and if I know certain word creates negative energy within this forum (even if it is for the other not overstanding a true meaning) then we shall be more thoughtful and gentle in our reasoning.

Maybe it is just me but I believe that being positive includes trying to keep everyone positive here, the word supremacy clearly to me at this time, brings about the relationship superior-inferior but maybe this is because my first language is not english.

see, people will get upset when the white man uses it, and now people get upset when the black man uses it, why use it? Iman truly believe the origin and great wonderful things came from mother africa but i am reluctant to put anyone but Jah before anyone else.

Please do not find this text as if this is a white man talking against black and stop getting offensive about the subject because we are all one so we shall treat each other as one.

with regard to supre- meaning putting down Ark I, this is not what I meant, but us as a people have brought many meanings to words and this is how these words are used and widely overstood (mostly) and 99% i would guess would say that if something is superior it can only be superior when compared to something else, what does it make that something else then? yes inferior. so then without inferior there is no superior, without black there is no white etc. so we are all one AND we are all part of it, all i want to say is that we can find other ways to communicate without dividing (i know u dont mean to divide and dont see it as division/ranking but you must admit that others may feel divided by certain comments, or classified as inferior instead of using the word divided, forgive me) So let us use other positive words that will show the same point but not create any negativity within the reasoning.

Much LOve and Respect to ALL that post here and much love to Ark I for using his time so unselfishly and wise to bring about this great platform and reasoning.

One Love in the name of the most high Jah Rastafari
Ruler of the Earth

Bergy

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/1/2006 10:10:37 AM

blessed love... give thanks and praises for the

indivisable Duality

anything with matter has duality, boundries and until ones stop limiting thier thoughts on this the DIE-visions will continue...
INI say LIVE-Vision

The only good and bad are in the mind.

blessed love
selassie lives reigns and rules
rasta far i

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/1/2006 10:21:15 AM

I just thought of an example of "The Circle of Life". Look at the most brightly coloured tree in the jungle with the sweetest juiciest fruit growing on it's branches. Burn that tree to the ground and it becomes black charcoil. Now burn that charcoil and bless the creator with some incense, all that's left are white ashes. Just wait for the wind to disperse the ashes as fertilizer for all of the other trees in the jungle. Everything must come full circle. Selassie I ~ Ab ~ Wolde ~ Menfes Qidus ~

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/1/2006 12:36:25 PM

seen,,,blessed rasta fai

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/1/2006 1:00:57 PM

We must remeber that before there was Babylon there was Akebulan, Africa is not an original name. Even further along this line of reasoning, when the enslavers came and took so much preciousness from the land and changed it's name and divided it into countries, what was left... Ethiopia. Now as far back as reliable history goes in North Africa is Kemet, traslation land of the Blacks. So we must therfore reason that using African as a substitute for Black is not apropriate. It takes away one of the buildig blocks of Black pride. Black people are an achient beautiful people. A people stripped of their culture, heritage and inheratance. What more are you personally willing to take from such a people. How can you reason to take away their very Blackness that which has sustained them and keep them connected to their homeland for so many years of degredation and confusion. It is not a question of excluding non-Blacks, it is a question of reuniting the Black family. It is a question of not allowing so many years of struggle to turn Black people back into people of color or colored people. It is not a question of division but rather distinction. Self respect is a neccessary element to liberation. Nobody says to the pale man, if you call yourself white then you are racist, it is only the Black man who recieves this message. Black is a distinction, it is a statment that says, "I am not a nigger" it says "I am not a negro" it says "I am not colored". It is an act of defiance to those who want us to embrace a European ideal. Greece says it shall be called Egypt, and so it is called. Arabs say it shall be an Islamic state, and so it became. Europeans said it shall be named Africa, and so it remains. But what about the legacy that a Black man and a Black woman had reserved for their Black children? Must they forever concide to having no inheratance, even though their ancestors came from the richest land on Earth.
If the Queen of England went to Saudi Arabia, put the royal family in chains and took them back to England as her personal servants, would the world stand for this? No, the Saudi royal family would sue. They would take back their country, their wealth and even on top of that ask for compensation for pain and suffering.
When America gave Isreal to the Jews, did the Palastinians lay down and roll over? No, they still fight back today.
But yet the decendants of the enslavers want to tell the decendants of the slaves to choose another word to describe themselves than the one that was in use thousands of years before Europe learned not to throw their trash into the street.
Where is the day that Black people get to dictate this sort of thing to Europeans? Where is the day that Europe excuses the debt of so many African countries that are crushed benieth the weight of poverty and debt?
Where is the day that nobody interfeirs with the conclusions of a people for its own people?
Why is it only an exclusive thing when Black people try to define themselves? Why is it an act of hatred when Black people remeber slavery but not when Jews remeber the Holocoust? How long before the restoration of Black people's lives is not a argument but rather an agreement?

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/1/2006 4:31:56 PM

I say Africa for my knowledge of the past ancient time is not that great, if it shall be called something different then that is great. We shall not judge, I try not to judge. for only god can judge InI. I feel bad for what happened to jewish people but I have done no wrong to jewish people and I have done no wrong to africans and african-americans on the grounds of their faith/background/skin color, which does not mean that i have not sinned. it would be insane to say i have not sinned.

we must remember and learn about our culture and in particular about the beginning for it is of great value to our trod, but we must not allow others to use it to put themselves before another.

yes the black family shall be reunited but I also see that the world needs to live as one. like H.I.M said so africans must be reunited. Seen! Much Love

I just like to put my opinion out to show i stand along anyone that stands for Jah and goodness and dont like division or superiority, for I feel that for example, would a wise really be wise if he uses his wisdom for the good of purely himself or a particular group of people, no i believe it must be used for the good of all or to further the cause of good.

Blessings

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/1/2006 5:46:45 PM

yup im gona have to agree with Tef.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/1/2006 8:41:58 PM

You don't have to Elijah, I'm not going to strangle you.

Messenger: NevisBwoy Sent: 2/1/2006 11:43:39 PM

Ego mind in great guise, marvels in itself

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I