Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1272&start_row=1

selamta

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/26/2006 9:18:35 PM

Hail I lions and lionesses, give thanx and ises to the most high Jah RasTafari for another day.
I give thanx for each step i n i trodd and for getting through each day. But, sometimes the days are more difficult to trodd then others(as i n i know). I week has been rough, it has made I spirit cry.
But, I still give thanx because it makes i stronger.
I do not have ras to reason with where I live( I know 2, but don't see them much). The road gets rough, but I itinue to trodd through it. Even if I lioness paws feel weak, tired and lonely, I will itinue to trodd til I reach Mt. Zion.
I feel that eventhough I do not have ras frens where I live, I have ras frens online. I feel I n I are one family. I n I can travel from near to far, and when I n I hail each other, I n I should be one family. I n I are all children, so even if i n i don't know each others names, i n i still are not strangers. So, when i n i meet, lets hail each other with a greeting and if i n i should reason, lets reason openly. I n I as rasta children should be able to say anything to each other respectively without judgement or disrespect. Rastafari is I family!
So today, I come to In I to just hear i spirit crying, cause this week has been rough. Its sad when I n I have to face babylon all day and then come home to babylon. See, when I n I are out in babylon world, and i n i come home to i n i lion and lioness dens, that is i n i temple. I n I yard is where positive energy lives along with positive vibration and irie sounds. But, when u have to come home to a cloud of tension and silence around. Where u have no attention from a few words of comfort or a hug to release a hard day of trodding, it gets lonely.
I man has been fighting i since i got strong. The other day i n i got into a disagreement and he said to me, " you care more bout ur religion then ur own family!" Those words cut into my spirit and hurt me. He does not see i spirit or the gift jah bless i with. He does not ovastand i love for jah or jah children. I went to ja. in september and bought clothes for some yute and i gave i laptop to a bredren who lost his business to fire. NOw, i came home and lied, because i know he would fight me. The first thing he yelled to me when i reached the car from ja. was where was i laptop. I lied because i didn't want to fuss. He said he didn't care, but i heard bout it til this day. He said i saved 4 years for that laptop. But, see it was just a piece of material item. I did the right thing, that is just me. IF i have it, its urs. I feel I was not wrong. He just doesn't see me. Of course I have faults, but i will live up to them. But none that should cause this treatment.
Since I got strong I started wrapping I head, and the fight was on. I job talked bout i behind i back, but i just laff and keep walking. But, tonite i got a call from i boss asking to meet in the next lights. She explained how i annual evaluation is due and she wants to go over some things and some things that i can change before eval. I was upset cause to I that doesn't look good. I care bout I guys and I advocate for them( I work with ppl. with disabilities). If she says anything bout I wrap, let I stop I shouldn't assume. WEll, I wasn't gonna send this, but i feel i n i should be there for each other. So, I give thanx for listening to I words, cause I spirit is crying today.
But, I am not giving up so don't take it like this, I just am feeling the heavy load. I refuse to bow down tho and I will stand tall..
Give thanx for listening, i truly apprecilove it.

your humble sister and servant,

prophecy

Messenger: White dread Sent: 1/27/2006 6:18:39 AM

Greetings Empress.
Like you are there for me, so shall I be there for you.
t.hagedoorn@zeelandnet.nl <--my email adress
I man know how it feels to be told that they think that rastafari is more important then your loved ones. dem don't realize. We love out loved ones wit all our hearts, but we haf a mission.

Strength and love

Tim a.k.a White Dread

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2006 1:04:36 AM

Sistren prophesy,

I have seen you speaking about roaring a few time recently. Roaring is good, you must roar in the Spirit against babylon as you trod the streets or in your home. What I mean by this is that you shouldn't weaken yourself. If your mindset is that you are weak when you are outside amongst babylon, then you will be weak amongst them. RasTafarI Spirit not only cleanses I home, but it cleanses I surroundings wherever I go. I refuse to have even a small consideration of weakness, because I have no faith in weakness, I only have Faith in Jah strength.

If the I trods with this Strength and Faith, then the things that surround will not bring you down. And with this Strength and Faith, you will be able to trod beaming out the Spirit of Love, because your meditation won't be distracted, but will be firm. And when you trod with the Spirit of Love, the people around you will change because they will not be able to resist the Spirit. Some people will still fight against you, but things will be different even amongst them.

Check out this post to see what I mean:

Jah Love stops aggression

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/28/2006 10:19:52 AM

NO I CAN SPEAK I FEELING WEAK WITH I N I, BECAUSE I N I IS I FAMILY. BUT I WILL NOT LET THEM SEE THE PAIN THEY INFLICT. ONCE THEY SEE THAT, THEY HAVE ME. I WILL KILL THEM WITH I LOVE AND I GOLDEN SPIRIT WILL PENETRATE THEIR WICKED WAYS AND DIRTY HEARTS.

I AM NOT GOING TO BOW DOWN! GIVE THANX FOR THE I WORDS!

PROPHECY

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2006 11:05:22 AM

I am not reasoning about about what the people see on the outside. I am reasoning about what you feel on the inside. And Strength and Faith will make you strong on the inside, so they won't be able to affect you as much.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/28/2006 1:27:56 PM

yes i, true. Give thanx I def. agree and believe wat the I said.
I just can no longer sit and let injustice happen and do nothing. I also expect i ni rastafari children to inite as one, to be one force, so on.
I feel I n I are not inited. After I had I meeting i shed a few tears, but then i looked at all those who died for fighting for truth and rights and so on. So, I took it as a lesson to build i. So, I then felt so mighty and strong. But, I was upset cause I saw idrens and sistrens arguing when i n i should be standing as one. I n I will not all see the same, but that doesnt mean i ni are not a part. It just means i n i are different but as one.

i am going to have a gathering by summmertime.

prophecy

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/28/2006 1:39:22 PM

Ark I, give thanx for that story, wow!!!
Yes I, that is how I stay. That is how I n I all should be. I n I go through so much, that is why in i need to be there for each other. I mean I n I must find strength and overstanding within i n iselves. But, I n I need also to give support.
I n I all should do wat u did. It reminds me of how ppl. would always come up to me and talk bout their troubles. Strangers in the street will come up to i and tell their life story. I stand and respond with reasoning. If i n i all do that, we can have situations like urs where u changed a man.
I wander wat he is doing now, hope is at peace. I truly have learned i n i must find that strength from within to be able to fight the force from outside.

well give thanx for that story, i hope i n i are reminded by it..

prophecy

Messenger: I Selahssie i son Sent: 1/28/2006 4:18:25 PM

Raspect to all that was said.

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 1/28/2006 6:31:20 PM

greets

so far as wrapping crown at workplace

a sistren once said
first the I must be consistant
no wrap one day and wrap the next
either wrap or not

then

if the I is in the US
hit em with this if the I gets troubled for wrapping locks

#1....it is unconstitutional according to the first ammendment of the US Constitution to trouble the I about wrapping in workplace as it goes against religious freedom (even though rasta is a livity and not a religion, this is how, legally, you can get them off ya back)

then another sistren fashioned this from a legal aspect as well according to 1964 civil rights act

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

which states:
Affiliation: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because an individual is affiliated with a particular religious or ethnic group. For example, harassing an individual because he/she is Arab or practices Islam, or paying an employee less because he/she is Middle Eastern.

Physical or cultural traits and clothing: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because of physical, cultural, or linguistic characteristics, such as accent or dress associated with a particular religion, ethnicity, or country of origin. For example, harassing a woman wearing a hijab (a body covering and/or head-scarf worn by some Muslims), or not hiring a man with a dark complexion and an accent believed to be Arab.

Perception: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because of the perception or belief that a person is a member of a particular racial, national origin, or religious group whether or not that perception is correct. For example, failing to hire a Hispanic person because the hiring official believed that he/she was from Pakistan, or harassing a Sikh man wearing a turban because the harasser thought he was Muslim.

Association: Harassing or otherwise discriminating because of an individual's association with a person or organization of a particular religion or ethnicity. For example, harassing an employee whose husband is from Afghanistan, or refusing to promote an employee because he/she attends a Mosque.
Harassment
Employers must provide a workplace that is free of harassment based on national origin, ethnicity, or religion. They may be liable not only for harassment by supervisors, but also by coworkers or by non-employees under their control.

Employers should clearly communicate to all employees - through a written policy or other appropriate mechanism that harassment such as ethnic slurs or other verbal or physical conduct directed toward any racial, ethnic, or religious group is prohibited and that employees must respect the rights of their coworkers. An employer also should have effective and clearly communicated policies and procedures for addressing complaints of harassment and should train managers on how on how to identify and respond effectively to harassment even in the absence of a complaint.

Religious Accommodation

Title VII requires an employer to reasonably accommodate the religious practices of an employee or prospective employee, unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the employer. Some reasonable religious accommodations that employers may be required to provide workers include leave for religious observances, time and/or place to pray, and ability to wear religious garb.

#####the I can sue if they terminate the I or give the I an ultimatum about wrapping the I's crown (in the US)....just tell them they will definately hear from the I's attorney if they affect the I's job in a negative manner...of course after printing out a copy of the first ammendment and the other info about the civil rights act and showing it to them.
only show them to them if they threaten the I's job in any manner....then the I will quietly and humbly but with dignity and eye contact.....show the I's trump card....seen?

hope this helps when ya face babylon

Selassie I
Sis Irijah

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/28/2006 8:01:09 PM

sis i give thanx for the info. yes i, i wear i wrap everyday. I wear i ites, green and gold scarf and i ites green and gold bracelet and necklace with star of david.
I boss wanted to know how long i will be wearing i wrap too. Having faith in jah is not enough for I, Jah has shown I wat I need to do. I am going to hold a gathering starting in new york city. I am going to address babylon, i will have the news ppl. there. I will call all rastafari children, local artists and entrepaneurs(spelled wrong)- a day of celebration. But, I will let I voice echo and i will address all rastafari children and children of the human race who are not rastas. I will then address babylon- I AM NOT SITTING ANY LONGER. I WILL DO WHAT JAH JUST SHOWED I WAT TO DO. I WILL BE FIRED AND I WILL FILE A LAW SUIT.
WATS EVEN WORSE IS WE WORK WITH PPL. WITH DISABILITIES. EVERY YEAR WE GO OVER CONSUMERS RIGHTS. ONE RIGHTS IS NOT TO BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BECAUSE OF RACE...RELIGION... I AM ONE WHO REVIEWS THIS RIGHTS YEARLY AND I REVIEW AT ORIENTATION FOR NEWLY HIRED STAFF FOR ALL AGENCIES.
IF ANYONE CAN HELP I ORGANIZING THIS OR TIPS LET I KNOW PLEASE..PLEASE REACH OUT AND HELP!!!!

PROPHECY

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I