Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1246&start_row=1

You Say You Are A Rasta?

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 1/22/2006 9:18:34 PM

If you wear the locks
Or if you don't
But say you are a Rasta, Nazarite
then ask yourself:
Do I ever lie- even about the smallest things?
Do I treat the earth with disrespect, even in the smallest way?
Do I treat my bodytemple with disrespect?
Do I drink alcohol?
Do I smoke cigaretts and use drugs(the holy herb is not a drug)?
Do I eat or in any way add to the suffering of animals?
Do I vote and support Babylon politicians?
Do I neglect or disrespect my parents?
Do I neglect or disrespect my children and family?
Do I neglect or disrespect my fellow human beings?
Do I steal- even the tiniest things?
Do I worship idols, such a money, fashion, material things etc?
Do I covet those things which belong to others?
Do I allow jealousy to grab hold of me and direct my actions?
Do I waste the time Jah has given me?
Do I seek fame and the acknowledgment of human beings?
Do I bear false witness?
Do I gossip?
Do I judge others?
Do I treat others with partiality based on their race, colour, age or sex?
Do I turn a blind eye to injustices- small as they may be?

If you answer yes to any of these questions my brother/sister-InI humbly ask that you hold off on saying you are a Rasta-for you have thus marred the name of many a righteous one...

Humbly with Love

Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/22/2006 9:40:55 PM

blessed love zionI, I give thanx for ur message. But, I feel that if i say yes to any of those, that just means we must accept it and change it. Were not perfect and i do not feel we can judge someone by saying u are/are not a ras if u say yes. I feel some things are lesser then others. I feel if u are just wicked then yes, u need to respect rastafari and not call urself a rasta. But, i cannot judge. Jah will take care of that, i can only show the right path. But, if u smoke cigss, yes it is not good, but doesn't mean u are not a ras. If u had the mentality where u not trying to change it and can care less, then jah will judge u accordingly. But if u are trying to change then i feel ur not less of a ras. What bout those who have habits before trodding as a rasta, and then jah save them and they are sealed up and trodd as a rasta. So, what if one day they slip and their back to their old habits, but they try to change. Then i feel saying they are not a ras is judgement. NOw lets say u find a man who say he ras, but smoke crack and steal and don't care, i feel he is not what a true definition of a rasta. See, I am contradicting iself in a way, cause im saying i cannot judge, but on that ex. i did- im trying to explain it. The I have i thinking deep.

Ok another ex. i have a problem with buju beating a man cause he gay and bragging and boasting about it. I feel buju could burn fiyah on him, but as ras, servants of the most high, does that give i n i the right to beat a man- no. If it is in self-defense yes, but do u feel he is a ras. I am not in the position to say who is ras or not, but i sure can reason with idrens and sistrens and show wat is according to the principles and laws of the most high and wat representation of rasta is. Now, I have a problem with buju's actions, but many think wat he did is fine. Show me in the bible where it says he has a right. Yes, gay is abomination, but i n i have no right to beat or kill..but thats just i.
As far as gossiping, what if u find someone who did that, but stopped. But then one day didn't realize and just got caught up in gossip. But after realized their actions and prayed to jah for forgiveness and strength to change. i do not feel they are less of a ras. But, see on the other hand. I feel rastas need to be extra careful of how they carry themselves(including iself) cause society does not except rastas. So, if i n i trodd lieing, stealing, so on, then we are giving a wrong image of who rastafari stands for.
This is why i have a big problem with some of these singers who sing nice upfull music(some are not), but in the spotlight they act like rude, disrespectful singers..
I want to really think bout this, i don't mean to mumble u just got a million thoughts going through i head...

give thanx and i write this with respect andhumbleness, so if i seem less then that, i apologize and let i knw...

give thanx for the words, i don't have time to go and read this over, so i hope its ok...

prophecy

I hope u get wat i am saying and i am going to print that out or write it down as reminders..

Messenger: zionI Sent: 1/23/2006 12:35:55 AM

Give all thanks and praise to the Most High sister prophecy...

The I's itations sit true with I heart- everthemore, In'I say respect to the idren who take courage and fight weak heartedness- for they (weakheart conceptions) are by nature...weak...and can be defeated- "we are confident of the victory of good over evil.."

I humble reasoning is thart InI are Jah soldiers called to bring down Babylon...Babylon is a state of mind-the weakheartdness of Jah children- it is for InI to lead by example just as Selassie I/ Yeshua lead by example.

And yes man/wombman is fallible and makes mistake- but InI learn from mistakes and cease repeating them-

Let noone ascociate the Holy Name of Ras Tafari with weak-heartedness- Ras Tafari bredren and sistren stand together as one carrying His Holy Name in full measure of compliance with His law and in perfect Love..Iternally and for Iver.

Dealing with homosexuality through violence is paying one abomination with another...all the devil's work...first and foremost love thy brothr and sister. Leave judgment to Jah.

In Zion was the Tabernacle of the Law created; in Zion it is kept; and in Zion it shall be found forever and ever...selah

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/23/2006 6:38:13 AM

Give thanx zion I for the I powerful message. I feel I N I do live by example, i do agree with wat the i say 100%. I think rastafari children have to be more of an example because of babylon war against i n i. I don't feel I n I have to prove I nI self just for babylons sake, but I feel I n I must carry out the tru meaning of being rasta.
This is why I want to speak to idrens who singing, because they are in the spotlight. I feel they are representing rastafari and they are like messengers of jah words. Their songs are upfull(some aren't) and get i n i through hard times. But, when u see how they trodd is complete opposite, personally their upfull songs become weak to i. I feel I can no longer listen to the words, because their meaning are negative. I mean u singing bout jah, its not like u singing slackness. But once Jah come out u mouth, the words must not be sung just to make money or to make a song. In society, I n I is fed stereotypes from media and brainwashed ppl., that is the education to the blinded. So, as children of rastafari, I n I must show rastafari, by i n i actions not just words. So, when I n I is in the spotlight, don't kuss and act negative. Where I live, I don't have much shows. I went and saw buju(as i mentioned before), and first thing he didn't do when he came on stage was praise jah. Not to get into this again, but i will for a moment, sorry. But, just like how the i say u trodd by example. Well, when this girl touched buju crown(don't mean hat), he never react or correct she. BUT, he corrected a girl on holding her hands properly. Im sorry, but rastafari comes first. He should have corrected the girl, cause maybe she didn't know. PPL are very ignorant and talk stereotypes bout rastafari. So, the example he just gave to baldheads and ones who may be searching rastafari, is that its ok to touch a rastas crown. I burn fiyah on that. I am not judging him still, just pointing out.
Sizzla may not mean harm, but he need to carry himself better too. He shut down morgan heritage show by kussing. What image is he giving the media. Now sizzla just signed with rockafella records, so u know he is well known. So, he know how rastafari livity is, its bout positive vibrations, y can't he leave the kussing til he off the spotlight. Im not saying he not a ras cause he kuss, i get vex sometimes and kuss. But when u on the stage, in the spotlight across the nation, act like a ras should. I am going to reason with these idrens one day, i feel jah is telling i too.
one last thing, fiyah burn on rasta wombman groupies. I met a sistren who goes to all the tours and she bragged bout sleeping with sizzla and some other yute, forget them name. I have been told by i sistrens who go to shows all the time, how some act like groupies. FIYAH BURN!!!!!!!!! I will be going to see, cause I will reason and burn fiyah. Its hard, cause in a way I am judging, but Im just trying to show how I feel and how I was taught a ras is.
I don't mean to go on bout this, but It saddens I to see so many not doing wat they should. If i was off the path, i would demand i n i to tell i. I n I truly need to inite!!
Im sorry i went on and on, but I love jah so much and his children. So, I just want to reach out.

give thanx for i n i reasoning and for listening to i talk so much..hehe..

Give thanx and ises to the Most High Jah Selassie I the first, ever livit ever sure. Jah RAstafari!!!!!!!! Give thanx for letting I n I rise this morning(is snowing by I), jah please guide i n i through today. Please bless I n I and protect I n I through these hard times. Let ur light shine on the world and in our hearts. I love u jah. Selah

blessed love
One Perfect Love

your humble sister and servant

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/23/2006 3:39:49 PM

FIRE PON ALL BATMAN

BUJU IS NOT WRONG

AND ITS WRONG SAMETIME

BUT FIRE PON HOMOSEXUALISM ...

HE BEAT THAT IDIOT WHO GIVE HIS ASS

NICE ... HE MAY WAKE UP SOMEDAY AND

SPAND YEARS IN CLEAN HIS BODY ... ORE

DONT KNOW ... THAT PUSHED HIS ATTENTION AND ITS GOOD

ISRAEL FIGHT A LOT IN ANTIQUE TIMES TOO ...

MOSIAH THROW STONE ON THIS BATMAN

BUT HE IS WRONG OF DONT BLAZE IN SPIRITUAL

AND IN MATERIAL HIT THE FAG

CAN BE WRONG A LOT OF THINGS ...

BUT I WILL SAY I NO LIKED IT ...

FIRE PON DEATH AND BATMAN

YA MAN

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/23/2006 3:39:52 PM

FIRE PON ALL BATMAN

BUJU IS NOT WRONG

AND ITS WRONG SAMETIME

BUT FIRE PON HOMOSEXUALISM ...

HE BEAT THAT IDIOT WHO GIVE HIS ASS

NICE ... HE MAY WAKE UP SOMEDAY AND

SPAND YEARS IN CLEAN HIS BODY ... ORE

DONT KNOW ... THAT PUSHED HIS ATTENTION AND ITS GOOD

ISRAEL FIGHT A LOT IN ANTIQUE TIMES TOO ...

MOSIAH THROW STONE ON THIS BATMAN

BUT HE IS WRONG OF DONT BLAZE IN SPIRITUAL

AND IN MATERIAL HIT THE FAG

CAN BE WRONG A LOT OF THINGS ...

BUT I WILL SAY I NO LIKED IT ...

FIRE PON DEATH AND BATMAN

YA MAN

Messenger: travistheone Sent: 1/23/2006 10:22:16 PM

DREAD
RastaFari
Most I
Raspect
InI leave judgement to H.I.M.
if the I not follow each guideline as set above then is not neccesarily non-Rasta.
eating of meat is a thing openly wanted by the Ible.
organic free-range meat is the only Ital meat.
alcohol is in Ible, and is a bad thing if used to often. nothing should be used to drown babylons evils besides the love of JAH. there is no problem JAH cant solve.
If the I partakes in some liqour for a recreation then can still have RASTAFARI in him heart.
if The I has RASTA in heart then RASTA has the I in his heart.
DREAD
RASTAFARI chant to the 'igher daily
NYABINGHI

Messenger: travistheone Sent: 1/28/2006 10:33:41 PM

InI await most anxiously a response...

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/28/2006 11:13:27 PM

greetings, i am sorry i haven't responded, but i don't think i am the one u waiting on. But, I will respond. chicken is not shown in the bible to be a food prohibited. If so, please show I. I feel that it is a personal choice, but eating ital is good for ur body. I feel u should get organic chicken, because they put so much steroids and things in the chicken.
I n I have more serious things to deal with then wat i n i can eat. i n i can only reason opinions on what to eat or not, but when i n i start to judge, its not right.

I n I need to reason more bout initing. I am soon going to forward from these rasta groups, because out of many groups, less then 10 have responded to the oppression i face. I am not the only one, and many have died from standing in truth and trodding for rights.

I am going to have this gathering, i hope i n i come or watch it on tv...

prophecy

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/29/2006 12:16:10 AM

Yes I the battyman is dead, so we will leave them for death. Lets Itinue foward.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I