Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1222&start_row=1

Faith

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 1/19/2006 9:18:55 AM

Greetings,
Empress Bumble Bee with another question I is a follower of Rastafari and find 12 Tribe, Nyabinghi, Bobo Shanti and orthodox christian intresthing, being young, would it be alright to be open minded and grow I's self with attributes from all Rastafri faiths insted of focusing on one, reasoning with other Rasta would they say I and I's mixed up.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/19/2006 9:35:19 AM

Bless I Sister
I man say You are upon the right path. Keep your mind open and study not only the different Houses of Rastafari but also the other faiths especially from the east such as Buddhism. Just humble thy self and remember that in all your thinking, Emperor Selassie I is the centre point of all thought circumference. If life is like a tangled ball of strings H.I.M is the string that when you hold on it unravels the whole ball

One Love

Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 1/19/2006 9:44:35 AM

Give thanks,
I an I tend to find rasta's downing other rasta's that was positive vibs.

Blessed love hail the king Jah Rastafari the 1st

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 1/19/2006 12:18:21 PM

Yes I Sistrin,

InI DO tend to find Rasta's downing other Rastas. InI pray for One Perfect Love within and without InI movemant.

InI should not fear the Truth, even where it causes one to realize one's overstanding is imperfect.

This state of InI always reminds I of the old story of three blind men who were shown an elephant. One grabbed the tail and said "Elephant is like a snake", another felt a leg and stated "Elephant is like a tree trunk", another touched the side and reasoned "Elephant is like a wall" then they all set to fighting and telling each other they are wrong. But they were not completely wrong, they all did experience true elephant; but none of them grasped the whole elephant and they were limited in their understanding of the complete truth. Often this site is a forum for mis-overstandings and arguments of this nature.

Your spiritual path is between you and HIM, seek and the I will find.

PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/19/2006 2:07:13 PM

Rastafari is of a mon heart ny of him house

JAH

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/19/2006 2:41:13 PM

I find that too often Rastas tend to respond in an argumentative fashion when they disagree as a way to express their own greatness and dedication to Jah. I find that humbleness is far too often overlooked when Rastas seek to cleanse themselves. Rastafari is supposed to be about upliftment. However quite often, as most comonly displayed here in these reasonings, race is the undertone to this disrespect of others. Because Rastafari began as a purely Black movement the transition to a unified front for the upliftment of the African Diaspora is difficult as many, mostly white Rastas unfortunatly, refuse to acknowledge that without a Black movement there is no Rastafari as it is the base of the movement. Many fail to realize that you cannot struggle to be accepted in a peace movement, you must instead intergrate yourself into the movement where you belong.
This upliftment of the African Diaspora, also called Black Supremancy, is far too often seen as exclusive rather than a movement that belongs to all rightious peoples. Just a Dr. M.L. King marched with all willing participants in order to free Black Americans from their downpressers Rastafari is open to all willing participants.
Unfortunatly racism is a two way mirror, one side can only see themselves. Meaning those who have never experience the daily downpression that comes with dark skin can not understand the struggle of trying to come up for air. European society denies that racism exists by promoting assimilation rather than self pride. Many so called white people have a very difficult time finding things to be proud of about their own "race" and therefore find it difficult to see the importance of having racial pride. This concept is largely due to the fact that white pride is such a hateful and exclusive thing. However it is critical that people understand that Black pride is completly independant of comparison to other peoples. It does not require other peoples to be less than in order to celebrate the beauty of Black people.
So what tends to manifest is a strong oposition to the "watering down" of Blackness from Black people and those who truly overstand Rastafari movement, versus a strong will to have Blackness nuetralized by those who interpret Rastafari through the lense of other movements and various religions that have apsolutly nothing to do with Rastafari faith. Rastafari is not a religion but a movement toward anchient African cultures. In essence a movement back to unity with nature. But, tragicly, European culture has erased or twisted these anchient cultures in the eyes of society. It has created a society that veiws these cultures as backward and barbarian, for instance the average person conciders Vodoo evil even though they have absolutly no true information about it. Everything of value that has come from Black people througout history has been either lightened or completly stolen by Europeans. From the royalty of Kemet to the Emporer Himself. In fact even the Black blood of Mediterranean cultures (due to the reign of the Moors) is denied. Many of the Easten Europeans who are not white and have not been for centuries are concidered white for various reasons mostly to maitain an elevated position on the color continuum. However if you study history, especially American history, you can tell who is and is not concidered white just by how they were treated by the Brittish.
So in conclusion I will say that the more you know the less you argue. The power of humility and forgiveness is awesome. Love is a complicated thing, unconditional love requires the knowledge and understanding that everything has an origin and the further back you go the fewer orgins there are, until eventually there is just one.

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/19/2006 5:51:47 PM

nah white rasta nah black rasta, jus RASTA. Mi si it, all forum ana topic com forward teh di same ting. ova an ova. Stil ya know, but same way. Yes mon, know I history, know I people is to know thy self zeen. Ivery mon ere reason wit knowledge seen. Yes rasta I siht dat dis forum full up of idren an dawta wit much wisdom blessed of di mos igh zeen. I&I give thanks fa mi bredren who bless I&I to be whole of dis forum. I&I si many rassas ere who know dem word from past time. But tell I&I what imon is doing now an foreward Tell the I what cyan mi do to help. Let I&I help wit dis trod tru babylon wit works seen. Imon humble I&I fi tings to be done up now unu wit di strent of JAH RASTAFARI zeen. So rasta if di I mek way fi project now inna forward den please let I know of dis. mek we reason how I&I cyan mek thouht bwan. Nuff sound. MASSIVE RASPECT teh imon RASTAFARI&I people.

Ras Natti I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/19/2006 10:07:45 PM

Empress Bumble Bee,

To I, RasTafarI is One. I don't make distinction between RasTafarI that trod I and I Spiritual trod. They are all RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 10:43:16 PM

I agree. Ras Tefer i becomes Haile Selassie who translated is The Might of the Trinity. 1 n 3 & 3 n 1 {And~Hulet~Sost}. Anyone who accepts, whether born of the Seed of Jakob {Zare Yaqob} or grafted in by the Gift of the Holy Spirit {Amha Menfes Qidus} are all God's chosen people. All Hail the Isrealight Christian Emperor of Ethiopia Qedamawi Hayle Selassie !!! jah ~

Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 1/19/2006 11:56:18 PM

Give thanks for the I's answers.

Blessed love bee_2humble
Jah Rastafari
Halie Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I