Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1221&start_row=1

Mama

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/19/2006 9:14:46 AM

InI pray Jah will give InI the wisdom to reason about one of the least talked about aspects of Rastafari
I would be grateful for all members here to post everything you have ever heard, read, or been taught of about the Earth Mother of King Selassie I

Blessed Love

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 10:26:49 PM

There is tonnes of information available about the life of Our Lady The Virgin Mary (Imebetachin Dengil Maryam). Check The Lst Books of The Bible, I believe there is a whole book name dafter Her. Did you know that Haile Selassie I comisioned the building of a church, St. Mary of Sion, to house the Ark of the Covenant {Tabote Tsion}in Axum {ancient capital of Ethiopia/Abyssinia?Cush}.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/20/2006 7:56:29 AM

Brethren, is it i that is not making myself clear in my writing or do you just see what you want to see??
How does a question about King Selassies Mother become a question about Mary? What if the question was about H.I.Ms Father,Ras Mekonnen? would you have answered about Joseph?

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/20/2006 12:52:40 PM

Blessed

I n I Iloved King's mother's name was Woyzero Yashimabeth. Not too much is known about her, due to this lack of real good sources, I n I would advise to check HIM's own words about her in the Autobiographie. Iman have to admit I gonna have to re-read that part and forward then.

Haile I blessed
Selah

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I