Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1213&start_row=11

EMPRESS MENEN

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 7:59:12 AM

If you want to get the right answers you need to ask the right questions. I am not sure either, as I already stated, but I belive that Her previous marriage ended with Her first husbands death. I am not sure about the fate of the children. I am actually interested also to find out more about the cultural significance of such an arrangement between His & Her Majesties union, what Her having been previously married and HIM having been betrothed to Her. But it's probobly a sensitive issue, so I don't really have to know all that bad. Selam ~

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 8:11:04 AM

There's an old sayin that goes : Some stones are better left unturned.

And another that goes : There are no bad questions, only wrong answers.

Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 1/19/2006 8:52:51 AM

Greetings,
Ark I, I give thanks for the information the I was right I wanted to know how many children Empress Menen had before her marrige to the king. I an I have got I an I's question answered give thanks I an I is new to the Rastafari world, The I is young in faith so please be humble with me

Blessed love Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/19/2006 3:39:01 PM

Teff

RasTafarI is not a joke or a game, it is a serious trod, and I will always trod seriously, and I will always trod in this and other forums seriously to represent who I am. This will never change so if people would prefer to reason in a forum that is not so serious, then they have numerous choices on the internet to do just that. It really irritates I when people try to play games to play smart instead of reasoning to uplift others. Even if you were going to elaborate on what you said at some point in the future, the fact that you said only what you said at that time is part of your childish game trying to play smart.

I don't think I was too harsh, I was just harsh enough. RasTafarI are not soft hippies as many who call theirselves Rasta think that we are, I and I are Fire people and the Fire must blaze.

If you didn't make the statement below, I would have left it at what I said before. But I thought that I should elaborate after hearing your response.

------------------------------------
I apologize. I should have said that She (Menen) became Empress at the precise moment that Her vow to Emperor Haile Sealssie was consecrated. Ark I is right. I am trying to be smart. God has no use for stupid people in His house. JAH ~ RASTAFARI !!!
------------------------------------

You trivialized what I said when you made this statement of yours. If it was just the case that you misunderstood what I was saying, then I wouldn't have been so harsh. But you understood what I was saying but instead of dealing with it, you tried to play smart and redirected it and make it sound like the problem I had was that you said that she became Empress after being married rather than after the Coronation. That was not my problem at all, the statement I made about the Coronation was just showing how you were playing smart but not being clever.

And another redirection you made was when you said "Ark I is right. I am trying to be smart. God has no use for stupid people in His house."

I said that you were trying to play smart, not trying to be smart, there is a difference, and you know it too, but again you tried to play smart and redirect and misrepresent what I said. And the reference I made to the Pharisees was to illustrate what I meant by playing smart. It means that you are trying to play a game to make it appear that you are smart, instead of answering the question the sistren asked. I knew what she was asking and I gave her the answer, and if you ask EveryOne else in this forum they would also tell you that they knew what she was asking. And I very much doubt that you didn't understand what she was asking.

If you wanted to illustrate the point about Menen not being Empress before Her Coronation, you could have said what you said and elaborated on it so that Empress Bumble Bee would Iverstand your point like Erbalisse said. But instead you make a vague statement that appears to be saying that Menen had no children before she was with Selassie I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/19/2006 9:59:41 PM

No hard feelings,

I might have come harsh, but I hope you at least Iverstand what I was saying. You have many different types of knowledge and you should put it to good use, you don't need to use it in that fashion. Display it in fullness and completeness and others will appreciLove it.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I