Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1191&start_row=1

Happy New Year

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/1/2006 2:31:29 AM

Greetings,
I hope that all of you have had a great celebration. No matter what we have said, we all have the mutual connection as people for God. Recently I have been taking in more about Islam, and I was told to read Isaiah 29:12, and after being told more and mor truths of Islam it has really put alot in perspective. I may consider becoming a muslim, I wouldnt mind knowing how you all feel about Islam. Something weird by the way I read that Scholars of Islam(at least enough) actually for some reason feel that RastafarI is a group of Muslims. Im not sure that is, I talked to the Scholar, Sheik, Teacher who published the information on his website. He told me that he thought that prayer was close and ceremony(I found this connection in Bobo Ashanti) and well what do you all think?

Much love,
Ras ElIjah
peace.salam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/1/2006 6:51:38 AM

To All Black people

When the prophet Muhammed began preaching the word of islam,the new muslims were persecuted and killed by the arabs. And what did Muhammed tell his followers to do? Flee and go to the land of Ethiopia. Why?
Because as he has spoken, even though the religion might be of a different name, it was still the same belief in the One God
What do u understand by this ,my people? By the time muhammed started preaching the One God concept, your own black nation already had been doin the same for hundreds of years. Further more, even if the Koran attributes muhammeds knowlegde to be purely divinely inspired. people like iself who lived in Africa and specially in Ithiopia know that everything muhammed learned about God came from InI. Many muslims if they were to read this would be offended but so what. if u want me to go deeper i can tell u of all the almost daily contact that he had with africans during the time he was married to his wife who was a rich merchant who traded with INI lands

InI have nothin to say about what religion or faith one man wishes to follow. No man shall Judge another. But at the same time, when i see certain black people, like you who call yourself by such a royal name of Ras, who should know better, talking about conversion just makes me sick to my stomach.
Ras, cant believe u r telling me a sheik told u that their prayer and ceremony is similiar to InI and specially the Bobo House. U need a sheik to tell u that? where do u think they got it from Iya???

Fire burn nah cool

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/1/2006 2:36:17 PM

I find it interesting that your ready to jump from faith to faith. Because as the I has stated before, you can't be Rasta and Muslim at the same time. They may share many similarities, as well with other religions of the world but its not the same. Of coarse this is your business, but you call yourself rasta and defend it, then you want to be muslim. It sounds like an identity crisis. Cause no Muslims are hailing up HIM as Jah and you can't mix the two, thats straight confusion.

And bredren, Bobo Shanti stands alone as a faith. Instead of asking Muslims about it, contact the congress. You wanna know why they hail Emmanuel I, ask them and go there. Live amongst those who lived amongst him.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/1/2006 4:47:30 PM

Happy New Year !!! Bonne Annee' !!!

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/1/2006 5:37:44 PM

Ok before I say anything from my opinion to the people who are questioning me. Research Islam, and re-research RastafarI, tell me which holds more Truth? Please give reasons for this.

----------
Find Islam
----------
http://www.islamalways.com
http://www.islamtoday.com
http://www.islamtomorrow.com

O and the Sheik didnt tell me that Bobo was connected to Islam, he told me some scholars wrote about sects of Islam and RastafarI was included, I questioned him on it and he deemed my information worthy, and removed it from his website. BUT Bobo Ashanti pray to the east, and that why I connected them with Islam.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/1/2006 7:10:19 PM

I'm not going to play "prove this and that." There are many many mistruths to Islam as well. But its mans religion, and unfortunatly in every religion is flaws because man don't get the perfection of Rastafari. InI got to follow Jah, not religions that follow HIM. Religions are merely guidelines just as the Levitical laws were written as guidelines, but man became so obsessed with the law that they started worshipping the law instead of Jah. That is why Christ had come with the Salvation Order of Melchizedek that man saved by his faith in Jah. Your following religions, follow the Leader instead. Forget what this and that Rasta think, what does His Majesty say?

Not this "what is" its 'Who is'. Don't refer to Rastafari as a what, is WHO, Rastafari is Living, what is lifeless. Yes Bobo Shanti send Ises to the East, they are praying to Selassie I and giving Iverance to Ithiopia.
""
Your looking under every rock you see and saying "this is the truth, no wait this is", because it was only about 6 months ago when you were asking if praising Haile Selassie I was okay and whether or not He is Jah. Then after a whole week, your on the message board shouting "Jah Rastafari" and quoting His Majesty for this and that, calling HIM Jahovia and you even have taken the Royal Title Ras in front of your name which is not a joke and is for SERIOUS RASTAFARI BREDREN, SEEN? Now you want to be muslim. It hasn't even been a full 12 months and you have all this stuff all over the place. I think your young and confused and so your seeking truth and Jah, which I don't discourage but rather encourage.

I man don't hate muslims. I man don't hate catholics either. My entire external family is Roman Catholic and they are still very loving and caring people and would do anything for me. This is why InI show no partiality. One of I man best friends is Muslim and he loves Rastafari and wants to help I man open a culture center to teach people about Rastafari. No hate Idren. But don't be anxious to call yourslef a this or that.

Blessed Love in Haile Selassie I Hola Name

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 1/1/2006 8:15:36 PM

elijah said:

Ok before I say anything from my opinion to the people who are questioning me. Research Islam, and re-research RastafarI, tell me which holds more Truth? Please give reasons for this.

whassamatter elijah......you couldn't stand the fire so you switched camps?

so predictable.

fya burn you for even questioning the truth of Rastafar I

InI nah judge ones of other faiths or livity........but InI...Rastafar I......see and know white bwoy.......RASTAFAR I see and know...........ya play games too bad bwoy.....too bad....seen

FYA burn and cleanse......seen

InI guess that in this case everywhere a rasta go a white bwoy a follow is not true.

ya nah have the strength of shadrach meshach and abednigo cos ya toss in the fire and ya got a singe so ya cry wolf and alla sudden ya want to be a muslim

what a ting

but not surprising atall

SELASSIE I
each and every time
Sis Irijah

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/1/2006 10:49:32 PM

Well Dreadnut, you said Islam had alot of mistruths yet you cannot state them as cannot Sis Irijah. RastafarI seems more a religon made of men, hold on.... it was! And you say cannot worship the law given by God? So your not soppose to adhere to him? Instead you do as you please? You know its been way longer that 6months sense I came in here Dreadnut, and your folly is feeling that is why I have a problem, which is wrong. Everytime I post I give something backing myself up, like the quotes I give from Haile Selassie I and Nyah Elders to show what some of you say is "supreme" when its your own belief. I do believe in Selassie, but the question is how much should I believe in him. The words of Selassie is what is soppose to guide RastafarI, yet when I talk to you all you dont seem to focus on Selassie word, rather then your word or a friends word. And everytime I reason, what am I white boy lalala, all you do is prove your own ignorance. And you feel that saying words like black power and black supremacy help you, saying the words dont do nothing.

Well lets go ahead and look at the Revelations prophecy,

[1] And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
[2] For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
[3] And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
[4] And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
[5] And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
[6] And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
[7] Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
[8] And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
[9] And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
[10] And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
[11] And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
[12] His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
This cannot be Haile Selassie I, because he was defeated by his own army.
[16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
This is one of the main connections because of his Title, but he was not just King of Kings, Lord of Lords, he had more titles.
[17] And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
[18] That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Did this happen during the reign of Haile Selassie I?
[19] And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
[20] And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
[21] And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Please dont come with foolishness, bring information.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/2/2006 12:29:44 AM

Elijah,

Follow your heart wherever it takes you. I am RasTafarI and will always be RasTafarI. If you are Muslim, or if Islam is where your heart is then trod your trod. The message of Jah is the same for All. Live in Righteousness, Live in the example set by the Creator of All.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/2/2006 1:17:42 AM

Bredren, didn't you read my post. I have NO PROBLEM WITH ISLAM. Show me a religion that hasn't been made by man. Do you know that there are muslim groups telling people the same things as those "Israelites" are? That if your not black your going to be killed by God and they use the Koran to prove it. I used to see them everywhere in Newark coming off the train. But does this speak for every muslim, hell no, to be honest I don't think it stands for muslim period. Look at the muslim extremests killing people in Gods name. But again not living to the fullness of what man should live to. These things have little to do with even muslim let alone God, but they still call themselves muslim.

The reason that I don't post the mistruths is because its folly. Why do that? What would that do? I'm not looking for "the perfect religion" and you shouldn't either, because what is formed 'AFTER' God, will never BE GOD, but a system used to achieve Ites with HIM. This is why Rastafari say that we should recognize these people as spiritual kinsman and that InI can't interfere with the realms of God. These religions is just a guide, that is why the faith is stressed bredren. Its like a crutch, it will never be your leg but help guide your direction. I'm looking for the Perfection in the One that the religion is created after, if I don't find it then I move on.

I didn't mean that you just started reasoning here six months ago, but rather you brought the topic up about whether or not Selassie I was Jah 6 months ago.

No, how can man worship a law? The law was given by HIM. And we certainly DO NOT do whatever we please. Fyah. Is many things that InI refrian from and don't make any exceptions for and you know that.

When did I man call you a white boy?

I certainly do not think that saying words like black supremacy are going to get I man every where. When the white man was living in caves and had no civilization, Ethiopias kingdom was world revered. Yes WORLD revered. ALL GODS HAVE BEEN BLACK. Even Zues and Dionysas was black, Yes I, before they were transmitted through greek and roman interpretation. They were Ethiopian Kings, who became gods of other religions. History and it monuments don't lie. Even to the ends of South America the gods that they were worshipping were carved after the Ethiopians who was trading with them. Even Egypt owes its civilization to Ethiopia. Ethiopains taught the world how to worship gods and to establish goverments long before even moses. This is Ethiopian Supremacy/Black Supremacy. The world according to history is endebted to Ethiopia and whats funny is that there are no signs of a barbaric begining in Ethiopia. Everything we have uncovered about their Istory has been shows that they were civilized from the very beginning. But this can not be said for the white man or others, and here I a white man say this. Its okay for me because I man know its natural to worship a Black God.

And for your quoting of Revelations, Yes this is Haile I. And no bredren I never saw no one eat the flesh of anybody and I think that wether or not Haile Selassie I is that fullfillment, I doubt that John or God planned for that to be a literal event. Is that what your waiting for, the King of kings to come and tell people to start eating the enemies flesh? I know your not, but just making a point. And you are very correct in saying that His Majesty has MANY titles not just the King of kings and Lord of lords. I don't really see where your doubt is coming from or the connection your trying to make.

I have no problems with your interest in Islam, but your going to find that within Islam the religion is going to be confusion like any other group including Rasta. They also have different sects of Islam just as InI got different houses. BREDREN THESE THINGS IS TO BE EXPECTED. I never said that Rasta was perfect in itself. My problem was that within the time spand of a year you were not sure whether or not Haile Selassie I was God, then you thought He was, now you believe in His word, but not HIM as the word and you are considering Islam. Your very very busy bredren. If you haven't found the answers to your questions don't call yourself Rasta. Don't get halfway in the pool and say "I'm swimming" when your really only wetting your feet. make your foot steps secure bredren. I want you to live a upfull life and if you think that you feeling Jah with Islam then so it is.

Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I