Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1161&start_row=11

Black...White.....why are using man made adjectives

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/22/2005 2:05:51 PM

"Malcolm X taught that if white people want to do something positive for black people, they have to show other white people the racism that exists in their mentalities.. All "white Rastas" should be taking on this responsibility: TEACH OTHER WHITES ABOUT THE BLACK STRUGGLE, BE A FREEDOM FIGHTER FOR AFRICANS."

AGREED!

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 12/22/2005 3:55:25 PM

Ises Unto InI Ivine Empress Menen I

SisMenenI,

First let I say that the sistren's heart and mind are a blessing, give thanks for sharing.

There are some points here which demonstrate my inability to clarify Iself, also it can be difficult to stay clear on exactly who said what when as these threads grow and branch off so. Still, many points you make are obviously directed at I personally.

I do not "get defensive and protect my whiteness", just my Rastaness (and my humanness).

Have I ever denied "that white must HUMBLE to the blackness of the tradition."?

You make ungrounded assumptions regarding "class". Noone with a computer and time to spend on-line can be as poor as I was when I moved my family into the hills on borrowed money. For over 12 years Iman have stayed true to Iself, worked hard and wronged noone. Now at 40 Jah has blessed I with modest prosperity, and how I administer these blessings is between Jah and I. Don't tempt I into a trap of naming names and boasting of I deeds.

You mention where I live, what I drive, the nature of my insecurities, but you know nothing of these things, do you? You assume I haven't done enough for Africa or for Rastafari, but you know NOTHING of I works, do you? You just tempt I to speak of I works so you can judge them. I am naught but what JAH made I to be, all blessings come from HIM.

You seh: "So the west coast will continue to be a haven for these white-hippy type "Rasta" whom take Rastafari as a religion alone."

Iman seh: "The west coast will Intinue to grow as a haven for Rastafari of all nations and will surely establish Ifficial links to InI Incient Elders in the fullness of time."

PRAISE JAH RASTAFARI LIGHT OF THIS WORLD

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/22/2005 4:38:13 PM

In a sense people of old times did reffer to each other by their color. Kemet means Land of the Blacks, Ethiopia, the land of sun burnt faces., the Sumerians called themselves Saggig which means black headed ones. Even the Phonecians called themselves ethiopians because of their similarity. I think we get confused thinking these names are just the name of a place or country. But the word meanings usually refer to something about there physical appearance that sets them apart, not to be racist but so you know who you talking to or about.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 12/27/2005 1:13:03 PM

Haile Sellassie I the First ALMIGHTY

Dread Lion,
There are many like you. I pray the I can read my post in a less personal context and sight a fuller sense of what I am saying rather than, again, becoming defensive.

Give thanks for His Imperial Majesty Haile Sellassie the First and the every humble Empress Menen.

Blessed

sis Kaley

Messenger: travistheone Sent: 1/14/2006 11:01:07 PM

greetings ITES

iNi being a man of a white skin color feel the african spirit and presence of H.I.M. in every part of i existence. in iNi life i sight many a brown skinned brethren that overstand not even a inkling of rastafari. the i devotes life to RasTafari and dont physically resemble him, but after studying i am beginning to mentally resemble HIM.

dread rastafari
NYABINGHI out...

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/15/2006 3:04:26 PM

Ras Elijah, I agree with Malcolm X's suggestion. Christ also taught His followers to defend the rights of the oppressed. I also have a suggestion for Black People, forgive the wrongs perpetraited againts you and your ancestors by White People. Loose the chip on your shoulder. I think that We can all live and work together in peace if We are mindful of the lessons learned from each other and history. Selam ~

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/16/2006 1:45:02 AM

Well I believe that should happen only for some, because I know a great percentage of white Americans dont deserve social hospitality from black Americans. I know alot of white Americans who will smile in ones face and desrepect them after they pass. I accept that there are most black Americans deserve some reparations. In actuality, some form of the Government has givin a sort of reperation, the school system. If you are one who would like to seek employment while living in America to get ahead you must have education and for black Americans who finish school can get scholarships with GPA's of 2.0 where white Americans had to get 3.0 . These scholarships that still make you pay for something, can be paid for with the grants(free money for school and supplies) ONLY black Americans can recieve, but that white Americans are ineligble for.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/16/2006 11:50:58 PM

What good is a scholarship to higher education if the school system you come out of does not prepare you for the world you live in?

There are people in the world who are in fact the color black. While there are people who have pale skin the closest a human being can come to having white colored skin is an albino. Albinos usually have red hair and eyes rather than blond hair and blue eyes.

Never underestemate the power of a library. They not only offer free access to books but also to computers.

No matter how poor you believe you may have been you have never been poor enough to understand a third-world life, unless you still live one.

Black is not a color. White is every color. There are an infinate number of colors inbetween.

How can you condem Black supremacy if you have never experienced it?

Africa is not an original name, neither is Egypt.

Kemet is the blue-print for every civilization that has existed since its beginning. If you follow the Nile you will find the birth place of huemanity.

Never assume that "white people" are albinos because in fact, they are not.

Most cultures concidered to be white are not.

You cannot throw away the term Black people if you are not willing to also throw away the term white people.

If you don't know the term used by a people to define themselves, you have no right to make decisions for them. If you can't make decisions for them then you probably have no right to an opinion of them as your lack of information is disrespectful.

Malcolm X managed to stay alive until he tried to bring Muslims, Christians and Jews together in peace.

Religion supercedes skin color.
No profit has ever sugessted that the way to "salvation" was paved with religion.
No profit has ever preached hatred.
No profit has ever promoted separatism.
No profit has ever been popular among the ruling class during their lifetime.

Why is Rosa Parks an American hero?

Why is Columbus Day still celebrated?

What have you done today to clean your karma?

Why is the duty of forgiving people who refuse to apologize left to the most exploited people on the planet?

Why is Black pride offensive to so many people who are not Black?

Why do the words nigger and nigga still exist?

Why is the word honkey obsolete?

What have Black people ever done to deserve investigation and theory from outsiders without accountability or concideration for hundreds of years of being concidered less than human by mankind?

Black people are not yet exstinct but we are an endagered species. Why isn't it illegal to kill Black people? (If you think it is then how do you explain the aquital of four police men who shot at a 5'6" African 41 times. Meaning they must have reloaded.)

Why is a learning curve unfair for a people who were legaly banned from education for centuries?

How can you condem Black people if you haven't or won't mentor a Black child? Or if you have never been a Black child?

What have you done for Africa today?

What other types of adjectives are there other than man made?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/17/2006 5:40:05 AM

Yes I, this education that is spoken of is useless to people in the ghetto because the scholarly focus is severly diverted because of crime and violence and drugs that occur not only in the neighborhoods but in the schools and prodominatly! And this shit is on my nations hands. The schools are brainwashing stundents to become militant and obserbvent to babywrong laws, honoring George Bush and all the other "American Dream" white man crap. And it is white man crap, because my ancestors are the ones who institutionalized this kind of nonsense! They stole black man from "Africa" and take Him here and bound Him with chains in the physical and the mental. And after "imancipation" which by the way never happened. Emancipation what? Free to do what? No money, no education. Need money for education, need education for money. Hell of a trap huh? What did those Blacks do after that? They went back and worked for the same people they was slaving for and now they do for the white mans money so that he can buy back the natural resources and foods and jewels that belong to the Blackman BY BIRTHRIGHT! The slavemaster trash was making the Black man buy his own things after 400 years of slavery. And so they began to take on to the white mans dreamed which was acheived through the dollar because after so long in slavery he was taught that he was inferior and that the whites were there masters and they succomed to this. So they now had to become the white man in order to 'live', through the dollar and coin, fyah! Why you think that Rasta is saying black man is still in slavery in America? Don;t you hear that horrible hip pop that plays, were these people is talking about they cars and there this and that 'bitches' and they "niggaz', and bragging about that chain. THEY ARE STILL IN CHAINS AND THEY DONT EVEN KNOW IT BECAUSE OF SLAVERY, WHICH WAS DONE BY I MAN FOREFATHERS, SO I KNOW THAT WHAT I MAN FOREPARENTS LEFT UNDONE, IT IS NOW BEQUEATHED TO ME AND EVERY CAUCASION TO GIVE THE BLACK MAN EMANCIPATION, REPATRIATION, REPARATIONS! The chain around their neck is the same that was on their foot and wrist and kneck not so long ago. Their fucking bling bling comes from Africa were hundreds of people are enslaved, severly abused, killed and starved children and adults all the same for that fucking gold and diamond shit! Fyah!

So bredren until these schools start teaching how to get drugs out of the ghetto, teaching black Istory, clearing out the prision and ridding the stigma that the black man is a theif and bringing the Black man to his remembrence, that when the so called superior whites were cavemen and savage, The Ethiopians and Kemetic peoples were established and I should say mastered in religion, agriculture, science, astrology, mathmatics, masonry, architecture, government.....
The white man learned his knowledge Africa and redrew the pictures white and changed the Istory into his-story, which is bullshit. Screw christifer comebluffus and de whole a dem heathen who didnt find shit. They just some slave masters trying to use the name of Jah to conquer the world. THE WHITE MAN HAS GOT THE STAIN OF CAINS BLOOD ON HIS HEAD!

Each nations got to teach their nation, its not racism or segragation, its natural way. Each under his own vine and fig tree, Africa for Africans at home and abroad, India for the Indians, Asia for the Asians, Arawaks for the Indies, Europe for the Europeans! Its natural order. Nations is still working together and still in communication with one another, so its not segragation but things and people have to be in their places or chaos occurs.

Iyastafari

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/17/2006 7:20:24 AM

Well I tell ya what, those scholarships help alot, I met alot of my brothers friends when they was in high school and I know of many of his black friends who got scholarships and got out the ghetto, and I know and still know some of his friends that said "fuck it" towards schooling and now they work the corner on the straight hustle.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I