Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1150&start_row=1

REAL RASTA

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/17/2005 11:29:57 PM

REAL RASTA NO MORE INTO LONG WINDED RELIGIOUS TALK WITH PEOPLE WHO THINK RASTA A PLACE THEY CAN COME AND SPREAD THEM GOSPEL. WE HAVE AFRICA. WE HAVE REPATRIATION, WE HAVE SELASSIE JAH. WHICH MAY NOT SOUND RATIONAL TO YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOME OTHER FAITH. WE ARE PROUD TO BE BLACK, PROUD OF OUR HERITAGE, PROUD OF OUR AMBITION. AND YOU COME LIKE A WHITE SUPREMACY AND KILL THAT WITH SOME RELIGIOUS GOD ALMIGHTY FOLLIE. WE DO NOT NEED THEM OUT THERE WHEN RASTAMAN HAVE AFRICA CALLING.WE HAVE OUR BLACKMAN REDEMPTION. YOU CAN KEEP RELIGIOUS TALK. EITHER YOU WORKING FOR AFRICA OR NOT.

SELASSIE JAH

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 12/18/2005 6:13:11 AM

in I eyes, there ain't no 'real rasta' and 'non-real rasta'. there's just Rasta and 'non-rasta'.

(what would be the difference between 'real rasta' and 'non-real rasta' or 'half-real rasta' or whatever?)

=-)

love to all brethren and sistren!

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/18/2005 1:38:34 PM

When did Haile Selassie I ever say Rasta? How about that one?

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/18/2005 11:28:54 PM

when selassie came to jamaica. him call we rastafari. when the first delegation went to africa. selassie said bring the rastafari to me.

sleep no more

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/19/2005 1:50:46 AM

Before that Ras Truth, in 61 on the Africa Mission, gifts were presented and HIM spoke of InI at that point.

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 1/17/2006 9:27:41 AM

Yeah

"Rasta ah rasta an' ah bandulu ah bandulu end ah story"
" Jah is Jah an' Lusifah is Lusifah"

I man doan seen iny confusian deh.

Jah arise an let di wicket man scatta

Holy Mosis I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/18/2006 2:33:14 AM

Since God created all the different races then He also dwells in all people. Ras Truth, you make me laugh, because is sounds like you are the one promoting racial superiority / inferiority again. Not me, or any members of my family or friends. Who are your comments really directed at ???

Keepin it Real ~

"But when semantics are stripped away, there is little argument among us. We are determined to create a union of Africans. In a very real sense, our continent is unmade; it still awaits creation and its creators. It is our duty and privilege to rouse the slumbering giant of Africa, not to the nationalism of Europe of the Nineteenth Century, not to regional consciousness, but to the vision of a single African brotherhood bending its united efforts toward the achievement of a greater and nobler goal."

Q.H.S. {African Leaders Saturday, May 25, 1963}

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/18/2006 10:51:38 AM

In the begining there was the one.
All things come from this one.
If all things must return to the one, then all things must BE one.
So a reversal is neccessary to achive oneness.
To become once again one the identity of the one nust be accepted by the many.
You cannot say within this one are the multitudes, as many and one are opposite ends of the spectrum.
You must say instead each one is a part of the whole.
Each one must strive to be this whole.
Scientifically speaking the one cannot be pale skinned.
Europe doesn't contain the elements neccessary to support life without outside assistance.
The continent of Africa has within it every element needed to fully support humanity.
It's not an issue that has points of uncertainty that can be left up to interpritation or perspective. It is in fact very scientific.
In fact only when a person can humble themselves to know (not believe but know) that there is no individual that the facts can be accepted as true.
Knowledge is inate knowledge is a process of remembering, wisdom is a process of learning.
We are each diffrent interpretations of the Most High's vision.
If we can each focus on our own purpose the big pisture can be realized.
If we focus on semantics and individualism we will all fail.
At what point does the Rastafari collective join the movement?
At what point do we focus on saving what we believe in?
At what point does it not matter what color a being appears to be?
At what point do we get up off our holier than thou attitudes and humble ourselves to the reality of the world we live in and join together to DO something?
When was the last time we protested something?
When was the last time we had a presence in society?
How bad does it have to get before we actively become the alternative?
How long does it take for us to decide to join the revolution, the struggle, the fight for peace and unity?
Each one teach one.
There's too much petty nonsense going on and not enough planning for the future.
I refuse to let the revolution pass me by.
I refuse to be neutral.
The time to choose a side is quickly passing us by.
Make a decision and move!

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/18/2006 10:41:39 PM

Nzingha. Have you ever thought of getting into politics ? Even chasting a ballot is one away to make your voice be heard. I am considering voting for the first time in the upcoming federal elections here in Canada. But, I am still undecided whether there are any real candidates, who will actually do something to help me and my family. I guess we'll have to see. Let's play the waiting game. Who will outlast the rest ?

Last Standing SOL JAH ~ BbbRrrUuuQqqUuu !!!

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/20/2006 3:02:21 PM

Blessed

Iman have HIM own voice on tape calling I n I by his onederful name RASTAFARIANS.

Selah

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I