Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1136&start_row=1

The neutrality of the color brown

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/14/2005 10:36:31 PM

I would like to know how it is that the people insisting on His Magesty's mixed blood making him brown can say that they are also of mixed blood but have not identified themselves as brown? If being of mixed blood makes one brown, then why aren't we ALL brown? Or does this only turn Black brown and leave white white?

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 12/15/2005 6:28:53 AM

My perception is that the Shemetic Ethiopian Monarch Haile Selassie's complexion is a lighter shade of Black making HIM appear Brown in contrast to the Black-Black Hametic Africans living elsewhere on the continent. His neutrality means that he is impartial to all. Quite simplely, He is the second Adam (Adam~Huletegna), therefore, both Black and White all proceed from HIM. Therefore all concepts of racial superiority and inferiority are abolished becauase We are all descended from One common ancestor (Adam Andegna). SeLaM ~

Messenger: erbalisse Sent: 12/15/2005 6:42:29 AM

Empress, this is something I wanted to ask you.

In one of your posts in another reasoning thread, you made a comment about "I am black, you are not" (this was not directed at me, but it could have been).

I was saying that given the fact that each and everyone one of us is historically black, diluted over the years, how can you look at someone and say they are white OR black? How can Black supremacy be about skin color, when it is Supremacy in a Divine Realm, which takes not into consideration anything that is physical?

When I hear Black Supremacy, I see it as a soul thing, not a skin color thing. Babylon has led society astray in so many ways, firstly by making people think skin tone matters at all, and secondly, by always making "black" represent evil in their analogies, when it is the color of divineness.

blessings

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/15/2005 11:45:03 AM

I haven't labeled anybody except myself. I have only used the terms people have already used to describe themselves. And if you recall the next sentance in that post spoke to my dismay in having to resort to that. In fact it's my point here in this Reasoning. How can someone who defines themselves as white call His Magesty brown. It's blatant hypocracy. I've seen very few people in my life who really were the color white and they were Germans. I find it very difficult to find someone whom I myself would define as white. However, I don't like to attribute a negitive conotation to being white, just a level of truth, so I allow people to define themselves. However, in the same respect I don't allow anyone to define a group that they do not belong to. Hence my comment, when it boils right down to it I am Black and you are not.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 12/15/2005 12:19:19 PM

I believe that the colour of the soil in the Ethiopian Highlands is closer to a reddish brown tone than it is to the deep rich black soil of lets say the Central African Congo River basin. Perhaps that may help to explain the colour of Adam's skin pigmentation ??? Jah~Knows

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/15/2005 12:32:29 PM

And yet, no one has the courage to answer my questions. I find it absolutly facinating that my logical, truthful reasoning can be stomped all over by some of the white people on this site, but my questions just aren't answered. And yet nobody wants to admit to their privilege, or even concider the possibility.
This post has been completly turned around, immediatly. I'm not asking for a reasoning on WHY His Magesty is "brown" I'm asking why this lightening doesn't work in reverse? How can you call yourself white and at the same time insist that Haile Selassie is "brown". And by the way Ethiopia is not Shemetic, it is the birthplace of humanity. You can't just place it comfortably in the middle to fit yourself into the picture, unless EVERYTHING is Shemetic. In which case there can be no black and no white, otherwise your reasoning is intrinsically racist.

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/15/2005 1:38:43 PM

SELASSIE IS A LIGHT SKINNED BLACKMAN WITH BLACK FEATURES FROM BLACK SOIL. HE IS STILL BLACK IN ALL HIS DOINGS AND LOVE FOR ALL. HE IS ONE PERFECT BLACK LOVE.
SELASSIE IS STILL BLACK

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/15/2005 1:39:20 PM

I'm asking why this lightening doesn't work in reverse?

It can work in reverse..only will take several hundred years..
If I would go and live in africa..and have a white wife..and breed for like a hundred years..they will be black..
Well.... I guess it sounds logical..I don't know for sure
and why are we discussing the skin colour of Selassie I..
Think what you think...Just show him respect..and we won't show it if we don't work together..discuss things that are worth it.

Love 4 All

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 12/15/2005 1:47:48 PM

Rasta far I
Haile I Selassie I

Greetings and blessings.....much fiyah.. blessed by the purification of fiayh....no fear....

This thing of color.. black white which i have never seen anyone of these so defined colors... Ya check? But still it goes on and on... becuz i site that the euro-man, fair skinned as he was surprised to find ones of darker skin and in seeing the spirit of the African man, the indian (east and west) and the lighter and darker man(lation america) the yellowman in asia..he knew wanted something... that is why he left the overcrowded and overpopulated little land space called Europe.. there was so much coldness, death, depression and just overall dreariness and resources were running out....so hence he gets into a boat and looks for another environment.....He left a place that was so barbaric(Europe)-that ones just would take by conquering.. that is what the man was accustomed to. To meet upon the people living in more or less in a places where there was NO "OWNERSHIP" of natural resources.. he did what was in his nature. As he "civilized" himself more, he had to be more reasonable in his greed and vanity so using his "civilized" language he had to put down, diminish the root of the people he was stealing from in essence...

So the term "race" was created for his means to do this. Becuase before that, in Kemet, various skin toned people had lived together in with no attention to skin tones, and various cultures were in harmony because of the Kemet's commerce, religion, government, community, university, philosphies, science, etc. There was no fear of new ideas.. they were welcomed....

So the so called "white" man decided to add this "race" thing to domnate and manipulate... Now white man doesn't liek the same intentions meanings and syumbolism applied to his ignorance that he has flaunted all these year.... swo typical in euro-culture....in the quest for knowledge, it likes to rationalize its actions in history NOT with reality and TRUTH but with religious theology and govermental doctrine... the same $hi$tem that has downpressed his own and other cultures. The white man has the race issue and doesn't know how to get out of it without practicing justice which he fears would be detrimental to his "own"....His own priviledge... becauz he feels we will lose what he has "worked" for (r worked others for!!) or lose or be killed i guess. That is his mentality of divide and conquer that is his idea of justice.. to get even...that is his fear of death of the flesh. It scares him to consider the debt he may have to pay.

LOL... it is really funny..not hahha, but why can't ones just humble and admit this. No one wants to kick anyone when they are down, but come-on admit when one is wrong or seeing the truth that they didn't before. Practice grace and mercy by accepting it humbly.....instead of just talking about how great one is for espousing it upon others.

It is in the mind ones and ones... the very mind that creates thoughts to carry out. THe spirit is pure and beautiful and just.... but why be screwing the head with such selfish actions to carry out.

Be god... be god be god be god be god be god
see the light
LOVE is the only law to obey..
LOVE is TRUTH
Truth is the only law to obey.

Blessed love
rasta far i
haile i selassie i

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/15/2005 2:29:53 PM

Why Did You Make Me Black Lord ..
Lord .. Why did you make me black?
Why did you make someone
the world would hold back?

Black is the color of dirty clothes,
of grimy hands and feet...
Black is the color of darkness,
of tired beaten streets...

Why did you give me thick lips,
a broad nose and kinky hair?
Why did you create someone
who receives the hated stare?

Black is the color of the bruised eye
when someone gets hurt...
Black is the color of darkness,
black is the color of dirt.

Why is my bone structure so thick,
my hips and cheeks so high?
Why are my eyes brown,
and not the color of the sky?

Why do people think I'm useless?
How come I feel so used?
Why do people see my skin
and think I should be abused?
Lord, I just don't understand...
What is it about my skin?
Why is it some people want to hate me
and not know the person within?

Black is what people are "Labeled"
when others want to keep them away...
Black is the color of shadows cast...
Black is the end of the day.

Lord you know my own people mistreat me,
and you know this just ain't right...
They don't like my hair, they don't like my
skin, as they say I'm too dark or too light!

Lord, don't you think
it's time to make a change?
Why don't you redo creation
and make everyone the same?

God's Reply:

Why did I make you black? Why did I make you black?

I made you in the color of coal
from which beautiful diamonds are formed...
I made you in the color of oil,
the black gold which keeps people warm.

Your color is the same as the rich dark soil
that grows the food you need...
Your color is the same as the black stallion and
panther, Oh what majestic creatures indeed!

All colors of the heavenly rainbow
can be found throughout every nation...
When all these colors are blended,
you become my greatest creation!

Your hair is the texture of lamb's wool,
such a beautiful creature is he...
I am the shepherd who watches them,
I will ALWAYS watch over thee!

You are the color of the midnight sky,
I put star glitter in your eyes...
There's a beautiful smile hidden behind your pain...
That's why your cheeks are so high!

You are the color of dark clouds
from the hurricanes I create in September...
I made your lips so full and thick,
so when you kiss...they will remember!

Your stature is strong,
your bone structure thick to withstand the
burden of time...
The reflection you see in the mirror,
that image that looks back, that is MINE!

So get off your knees,
look in the mirror and tell me what you see?
I didn't make you in the image of darkness...
I made you in the image of ME!

black love for all

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I