Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1130&start_row=11

Relax in the name of JAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/14/2005 1:29:00 PM

Already read books about him, he didnt practice what he preached. He would not be considered Nyah to todays standards, atleast from what I read from the Nyah. And once again WAS A BLACK MOVEMENT buts its overall a UNIVERSAL WAY OF LIFE BLACK OR WHITE.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/14/2005 3:03:01 PM

When did a Black movement become JUST a Black movement? First off never said just. And If you overstand Black movement you understand that this is NO SMALL THING. If Black movement was a small thing there would be no need to fear it or tear it down. No need to kill Black leaders, no need to make laws to downpress the Black diaspora, no need to put liquor stores on every block of the Black neighborhood. No need to market the most dangerous cigarettes to Black people. No need to corupt Black music. No need to downpress Black people. No need to refuse to apologise, no need to make Black people sub-human. No sir, A Black movement is a big big thing, no small thing at all.

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/14/2005 4:48:34 PM

leonard howell was not nyahbinghie. but he was one of the founding fathers. he was black, here I go again. He was the black step to what this black movement has been built on and yes the movement has adapted black teachings to water its growth. till this day where even white rasta can come to partake in the black movement. but nothing has changed when I and I say black. we still focus on black. now elijah if you love jah so much and know truth and know that this land was built on the backs of mistreated Africans and black and brown people and don't do nothing to help the captives then you are not rasta. and if you want we to say one love under this neo colonial mistreatment and you don't see the realities of what is happening in front of your eyes then i feel sorry for you. you must re-evaluate why you are rasta. question yourself rasta.

selassie is black. I see it right now on a picture

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/14/2005 5:37:05 PM

Ok you defintely may have mistakin what im about. Brother I am 100% about getting reparations for my black peoples living where ever. I actually believe the African Congress should ask for money to help Africa from all European countries, because although Africans where inslaved by the Kings and Queens in different areas it would be in better shape if not a world power if it wasnt for the global African slave trade, you know? It was when the Europeans came stealing did Africa loose it great power, as we all know physical things and the true mental state was stolen by Europeans. Only thing I was saying originally which may have been distorted the more we reasoned was that Selassie I was dark skinned (Black) but even still he was from a mixed lineage. I have actually learned alot from our reasoning although you and a couple others have angured I, saying that I could praise a BLACK God. The prophecy in Revelations that I believe in does not refer to HIM as being the Creator but more as the redeemer, as I beleive all of us that read what he wrote and left us feel redeemed. We are HIM's modern day apostles, just as Jesus had. I still feel that their is no reason to seperate ourselves in colours because HIM didnt. We should address ourselves as ONE race, not depicted by colour but by knowledge and wisdom, moreover our dedication to God!

MUCH LOVE PLEASE READ MY WHOLE POST!!

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/14/2005 6:28:55 PM

Almost every Black person you have ever met, heard of or seen from a distance has mixed blood.
Ras Truth is female, you'd know that if you paid attention.
You continue to preach that Black pride is seperation. When what you should say is you feel left out because you can't have Black pride. If you were a true Rasta you would know that the only way for Africans to break the mental chains that still enslave us a a people is Black pride. The only person seperating you from this Black trod is you. Stop trying to convince Black people that we must give up our color in order to accept you. That is the essence of racism. Nobody has asked you to stop being white. This is not a place where you can continue the lineage of downpression just so you can feel like you fit in.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/14/2005 8:31:20 PM

I have mixed blood, I have black ancestors white(german, irish) and native american.... And im sorry for not know Ras Truth was female, all of the reading ive done about the Ethiopian titles I havent came over a female Ras. I realise for a black person to break free they need pride in themselves and their race BUT THAT SHOULDNT BE THE ONLY THING! Once again I will refer you to the, constantly repeated, speech of Haile Selassie I:

Until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes

Seen?

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/14/2005 10:15:49 PM

There it is again, white privilege.
Ok Mr. Elijah, you tell I.
What is it that will save "the Blacks"?
Tell we Mr. white man, what are we doing so wrong that you just have to correct us at every single turn, no matter what we all say?
How can the Africans become free?

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/14/2005 10:17:33 PM

Once again you said "All"... you dont speak for all, and im only reasoning with you, reasoning not telling you, giving I Interpretation, this is a reasoning.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/14/2005 10:19:38 PM

In order to reason you have to be willing to concider the possibility.
All as in the myself and the other Black people who have posted on this site.
And answer the question.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/14/2005 10:55:54 PM

Im not correcting the efforts that arent already in place, im not their yet. Im about to enter college and get a degree and a couple certifications, and saving a large some of money, and moving to Africa. A brother of mine, is currently saving money and he will also be moving to Africa. I never said I was correcting Africans or anything like that, once again you just like to talk shit. Because I didnt say it, and your implying that I did, ther for shit, Ras dont deal with shit.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I