Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1106&start_row=21

Racial~Discrimination

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 12/12/2005 9:49:50 PM

Tefer, no one is saying slavery did not exist before the European enslavement for African peoples. You need to come off your high horse suggesting you are the only one occupied with historical accuracy. Fact is that never before the European chattel enslavement of I n I people was there a brutal and inhumane brand of slavery founded on racial superiority of one race over another. Slavery was there before but it was not based on the color of your skin...also after a certain length of time you could regain your freedom. Also slavery was used in cases where communities were involved in war and so took captives with them. It never was used to instill a racial inferiority doctrine to the enslaved..nor brutality to people based on race. I suggest you do some more reading on slavery, the middle passage and how many innocent black lives was lost even before getting to the western shores. Also learn of the cruelty meted out in order to break the will of these African people to make them into zombies. How many families were broken, not allowed to speak their language, how the African male was humilated infront of his family to break the african people self-worth. Raping of african women and so forth. Simply said it was an AFRICAN HOLOCAUST. Educate yourself and stop spread ignorance.

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/12/2005 9:54:47 PM

ADD A LITTLE FIRE AND THE REVEAL THEMSELVES. THATS WHY I WANT THEM TO COME TO BINGHIE. COME TO BINGHIE AND SEE IF YOU CAN TAKE THE FIRE KEY.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 12/12/2005 11:34:56 PM

The Devil invented slavery. That's why he continues to cash in, hes got the patent.

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/12/2005 11:40:55 PM

WHICH DEVIL YOU TALKING ABOUT? THE RED ONE WITH HORNS AND THE PITCH FORK? OR THE ONE THEY USUALLY COLOR BROWN OR BLACK. MAYBE THE PURE WHITE ANGEL WILL SAVE US FROM THE BLACK DEVIL RIGHT? YOU LIKE THAT PAINTING RIGHT. LEARN FROM I AND I HERE DON'T FIGHT TRUTH.

SELASSIE IS BLACK

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 12/12/2005 11:44:32 PM

What colour is Air ???

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 12/13/2005 12:22:24 AM

Dem bow to babylon already and cyaan come up back. Bun dem.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/13/2005 12:49:32 PM

Until His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I abolished the slave trade in Ethiopia, Ethiopians were enslaving other Ethiopians, and it had been going on since ancient times, long before the European slave trade ever started. Also don't forget that before the European trading of Black slaves began, many Europeans (over 1 million) were themselves slaves of the Arabian Muslim Rulers in North Africa. So don't fool yourselves into believing that Slavery was the White Man's invention, they just took it further than anyone else because of their technological superiorty. A classic example of abuse of power and misusing a God given talent. I think that placing blame is childish, "They started it !". Instead We should learn from the mistakes of the past, repent and resolve to never repeat the same mistakes again. How important it is to possess an un-biased accurate account of historal facts.

Have you ever heard of a little thing called indetured slavery?
Let me help you out a little with this issue you are having bredren. Before the institue of inhuman bondage that classified a slave as anyone whose mother/grandmother was a slave and eventually just anyone Black, slavery was a diffrent breed altogether.
First off, a person was not born into slavery. A person could become a slave by being a prisoner of war or a defeated foe or one could become a slave by having a debt they could not pay (in which case they would be released once their debt was paid off). In fact most of the New World (Now called USA) was poulated by indentured slaves from Brittan. People were often given the choice (or just assigned in some cases) between jail and a period of slavery in the New World. Once this time was served the person would be given a plot of land and often some sort of beast of burden. Hence the popular saying "40 acres and a mule" which is what was promised to many Black slaves once they were freed, mostly the men who were recruited to fight for the Union army. Some Black Americans are still waiting while other have abandoned hope as it is quite clear that we will never recieve anything.
It is a common misconception that the first Black people in "the New World" were slaves. In fact it was not until after a Black man who had recieved his land and grown rich that the laws began to change. It was a gradual process that allowed Black Humans to become livestock. A process that was based on the growing need for free labor to propell a British colony into the richest country in the "free world".
Know your history not his story. The winners always get to tell the story as the losers are destroyed in battle.

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/13/2005 2:04:09 PM

The devil hasn't horns or a pitchfork..it looks like an angel..it's a fallin angel from JAH..that's why many people fall victim to babylon it's looks it rightous way..only the fire from JAH will reveal the truth

Fiyah bun dem

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 12/13/2005 3:10:03 PM

ONE LOVE

Does anyone have any reliable stats regarding current levels of slavery in the world?

There are certainly still actual slaves. Who are they, where are they, how many are they, who "owns" them?

MAY JAH FIRE BURN ALL WEAK HEART CONCEPTIONS OUT OF InI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I