Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1080&start_row=1

Jah = Ras Tafari

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: erbalisse Sent: 11/21/2005 9:49:55 PM

Blessings.

I would like to know if the name "Jah" necessarily refers to His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie, or if it is just one of the many names of the Lord.

I greatly respect Selassie I and appreciate the impact he made on the world. But in my heart I consider him a prophet and not G-D. It will ease my meditation if I recieve feedback about this.

Many thanks

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/21/2005 11:02:55 PM

The word Jah (yah) comes from the Hebrew. It is a contraction of Jahweh. Plsams 68:4; 118:14 The name Isiah means "Jah is savior" or Abijah means "Jah is father."

His Imperial Majesty is King of kings and Lord of lords and indeed He is Our Saviour and Our Father, or in Ithiopian, "Ababa Janhoy" Father Majesty. When InI the Rastafari bredren and sistren say Jah, we are speaking of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie the First. There are some other people who would use this name not even being aware of His Majesty, for it was written before Christ got His New Name.

Seek Rastafari truly, with love and rightousness and it will be revealed to you that He is the Almighty, the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah. As a matter of fact let ig be known that all of those nay sayers who try and say that His Majesty was just crowned King of kings, go get a copy of HIM autobio and read inside the first title page , it states.

"King of kings of Ethiopia and Lord of all lords"

Blessed be
Ras Zion

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/22/2005 9:18:42 AM

Selah

Worthy is HIM to be praised!

RSK

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 11/22/2005 11:10:28 AM

Dreadnut, I dont think any could have said it better! Peace my brother, HIM the King given to man, and like Christ they took HIM down in his form only to appear commanding the heavens for the Last Days apon us. All give praise Jehovah the Creator.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 11/22/2005 11:56:07 AM

Dreadnut, much respect to where the I is coming from, but the perception of JAH difers with some bredren. This is true.
Yes JAH comes to us in man. Like Eyesos Christos, or Selassie I, but JAH is much larger than man. Much larger than universes. To I it makes much more sense to praise a prophet, or a savior because they are the translator and spokesperson for the creator. We must know the spirit of JAH in ourselves first, before we know our Lord.
Without an intermediary, we would not be able to comprehend the awesome magnitude of the Creators wisdom, which is greater than our simple minds can overstand. This is just one of the views of I. I know how most of the bredren here feel and by no means am I disagreeing, for I am caught in a struggle yet to reach a conclusion.
Erbalisse, I understand what the I is feeling, keep meditating and know that those that seek truth shall find it.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 11/22/2005 1:55:29 PM

Just Ask HIM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/22/2005 10:01:27 PM

Since Haile Selassie I is God, Jah necessarily refers to His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie. And Haile Selassie I necessarily refers to God.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Kike_Roots Sent: 11/23/2005 6:30:56 PM

As Osiris said I think that Jah comes in the form of man like Selassie I but Jah is the higher force in the I-ration.

Jah Bless

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I