Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=107&start_row=1

The Cross

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/25/2003 8:04:16 PM

Mark 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

I'd like to know if the people have time, could the people give thier interpretation of this verse.

I would like to speak about the Emperor Hallie Selasi I's last days as I read them. The day the Emperor died not a soul seemed to care it was just another day the breeze was some time between June and May in 75 I think I was a year almost give or take a couple of days. The inner city in Los Angeles had just changed from pro black to pro mack. As I read it the emporer shed not one tear but sang songs meditated. I give the most highest respect to the people for comeing together underneath a monarchi which is in living dedication to a past generation leaving a key for the future generation to become one with God.
Selah brothers and sisters

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/25/2003 10:56:11 PM

Greetings,

I included a little more of this scripture to help explain that verse.

Mark 8
31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
32 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.
33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

I see taking up I and I cross as taking up I and I burden. The burden I and I know that I and I face when we trod for Jah. I sight that Christ is showing I and I that I and I have to throw away any worry about ourself and any worry about the consequences of living for Jah. I and I are to just live for Jah, accept this burden, and don't turn aside.

This is the only way that I and I can live for Jah. Because if I and I worry about what man thinks about I and I trod, then I and I will never live for Jah. Because man doesn't desire the things of Jah, they desire the things of man. So since their livity is so far from Jah, then they will surely persecute and hate I and I for living Jah life.

I and I must keep on pushing through,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 12/26/2003 2:26:02 AM

Blessed love on that reasoning. Jah Rasta Far I. Blessed WORD, sounding the power of INI.....has been i-meditation of late....Struggle....INI love struggle......but net the weariness and that is part of the struggle

Taking up the cross is the Trod of struggle that INI called to do. I have found many ways to live up nad teach and prophetize--thanks and Praises, and yet everyday INI stuggle with what i must be doing,a s I dit no fruits...But it is not about I....THe measurement is not to me, he she ...When I still ive I site, it is so crucial and so radical so clear YET I get bogged down with setting a "PLAN". I say I am not in fear.....but why do I stop myself from doing what is WRITTEN on my heart since all the days of this life and the ancients? No one can do it for i, no one can take i place, and it is not I to make up a "sucessful" marketing plan.....No mon....IT is jah, INI that be doing it all and the only one stopping INI is I......Do i cling to some useless pride ?

That "Cross" is the crown and jah site that over and over all over the WHOLY Scriputres......No one can RATIONALIZE that.....

With jah on I-side, who can be against INI ??? THe only enslavement i have is my self. Once INI site that, no one has power over I....so simple so direct so freeing......but Idren, we cling to our deaths....when there is so much more LIFE in oneness.

I talk and talk, and forgive I brehterns and sitren, i fiyah upon myself for the my full belly and still hungering.....

WIth humility, i ask INI why am i dancing with that doubt of unworthiness that INI KNOW is not true, but keeps getting in INI way ?

When I consider INI creator, how over and over HIM spirit made all things, perfect, powerful, free and eternal....just for the choice.....AWESOME....Does HIM feel the pain of i weakness ?

Messenger: ijah Sent: 12/26/2003 7:00:47 AM

Hail Nefertiti

Jah will defenately feel that pain of your weakness
Him searches the haerts and thoughts of man,and as far as i can see,your wants an desires are upright....Bout the weakness:You already stated yourself,that you know it is only you what a mekin it on hold...just grow stronger,sis,nah give up the fight...Evry day again is a struggle fe InI people..and evry day again ,one haaffe fight for his rights,for the good things,and the remaining of those...treu that,me nah joking....In this world,evrywhere them people try fe mek ye go astray,mek InI believe that their illusions are the truth and nothin but...NAH,,me nah deal with scientists or such,BABYLON MUST FALL.and JAHKINGDOM shall come.

keep troddin the path of truth ,justice and righteousness,i sistah,than Jah will mek ye stronger..HAVE FAITH and be honest to yeself inna ye believes and ye doings

SELASSIE I LIVES OneLove&Inity

ijah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/26/2003 9:47:12 AM

the kingdom of jah is at hand.said by the most high........
i have to know that .from dark to light.jah kingdom frist.
now i will take up my cross.say what you will no power came hear with out JAH.so people i thank you. love to all the rainbow.
sonone22
the rock
one

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 12/26/2003 12:31:33 PM

Jah Rasta Far I, Ijah....

Thanks and praises for the love...always thanks and praises. ALWYSA LOVE. Blessed touch of heartical vibes through the oneness of JAH RASTA FAR I....

LOVE IS THE ONLY LAW TO OBEY

Messenger: the rock Sent: 8/3/2005 6:18:16 PM

take up your cross.

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 8/4/2005 3:20:51 PM

We all are fighting a Iritical battle.

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/5/2005 12:00:35 AM

Still have round them neck a wear murder symbol
The cross was the sign of murder and invasion
Ina the valley of Saddam ina the ruins of Babylon
Cush conquer earth ina four direction-Midnite

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List