Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1060&start_row=11

Women nah wear jeans

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/24/2005 7:52:51 PM

Blessed love sistren... Rasta far I

MAY THE WORD OF I MOUTH AND THE I-DITAION OF I TOUNGUE BE ACCEPTABLE IN INI SITE....Rasta far i

InI used the word "vanitized".. yet it seems to have been taken as this or that should be worn. Sis Black Cinderella, i never implied nor directed ones to wear this or that. InI stated i-xsprience to the sitren who inquired. Sistren, all ones and ones are free to do what ones want. It is the intention of whatever u put into it. So no one here is to tell this or that, since ones and ones have Free will to hear or heed or not to. I prefer the most humble dress, is as i come into the world....naked. SO in one way all ones and ones are vanitized by the whole definition of clothes. I dress in a way at assembly to not be noticed. Each day that is how i Site the garments of clothes.. I dress in a way to not bring attention to i self nor take away from the presence of the most high which is always. May the radiance of Spirit be the beauty that is carried in this vessel.

What Sis Menen says is so true... again know ones self. This is a repeatative reasoning and so wear whatever u want... that is your FREE WILL whether the is a rasta or not.

Lively up yourself...

rasta far i
haile i selassie i

Messenger: Black Cinderella Sent: 10/24/2005 8:44:10 PM

O.K.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/26/2005 11:29:52 AM

1Thes.5
[22] Abstain from all appearance of evil.

This is how I decide what to wear, how to behave, etc.

RSK

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 10/31/2005 6:31:26 PM

God made woman
God made woman naked
God made woman aesthetic
God never said cover yourself, man said that
"I think it pisses God off if you pass the color purple and don't notice"

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/1/2005 8:10:25 AM

Ises

I n I Israelite Scriptures say man shall not wear woman cloth and also other way round. If you check that historically there is a big difference to now. In those times pants were not even invented in most parts, also including ancient Israel. They came mostly from asian peoples to eaurope. So also men were wearing "skirts" as one can see on the few Israelite pictures.
So this new european pattern: what is male what is female? is a western society thing. pants is something the Israelites never knew, and so Israelite can't say this is male or female, seen.
His Majesty say no matter what material thing you can use it positiv or negative. You can also wear skirts an a very disrespecting way. And you can wear jeans with high dignity.What counts is the Is hearts and the intention which comes through the clothes.

But His Majesty also advises I n I to cloth culturally. I n I nah ovastand what this new western emancipation thing is about? Emancipation of what? of beeing a woman? Woman is a beautiful Queen. She should show her beutiness in a way of dignity. I respect those queens who cover locks and wear skirts because this is just culturally. I like woman who are proud to be woman. Yes I, be proud my sisters.
Western emancipation is a trap which get's woman even more under male rule when they try to act, behave and dress like man does.

Listen to Macka B ;)
Selah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/1/2005 8:52:37 AM

InI thru divine revelation will not be at inner peace if my attire is anything inappropriate. Not inappropriate in terms of babylonian's standards, but those revealed to me thru the study of His Majesty's word and the inner spirit of Jah.

RSK

Messenger: soul sista shirl Sent: 11/1/2005 11:45:24 AM

IRIE BREDRIN SISTREN
GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY
EMPEROR HAILE I SELASSIE I
DIS REASONING STIL A GO ON , BOUT WAT THE I SHOULD SHOULD NOT WEAR . BEEN LISTENING TO ANTHONY B UNIVERSAL STRUGGLE
CHECK IT SISTREN/ BREDRIN
SEEK JAH FIRST IVERYTHING COME AFTER
MOCKING BIRD - I NOT INTERESTED IN OUTSIDE OF PACKAGE ,ITS ONLY TO DISTRACT US - YOU GOT TO KNOW WHAT INSIDE!
GIVE THANKS JAH CHILDREN IT HIS MAJESTY CORONATION , PRAISE HIM FEEL JAH BLESSINGS TODAY AN IVERY DAY
1 LOVE
SELAH

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/1/2005 12:18:03 PM

to soul sista shirl

did you post that 3 times on purpose for the trinity or from when peter was told by jesus tree times, feed my sheep, feed my lamb, feed my sheep?

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 11/1/2005 1:12:09 PM

RASTA FAR I....Bless....Haile I Selassie I

One love one aim one destiny

Love is the only law to obey

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 11/3/2005 2:32:04 PM

Greetings to all the Dawtas in the name of Empress Menen and Emperor Selassie I.

I found this reasoning interesting because it is a battle I had to go through with myself. I cover my locks outside my gates with cloth or with the netted tam when the heat is unbearable. I try to wear skirts as often as possible, but with my work which takes me in the field i dress in jeans and boots. when i go to the beach i wear a swimsuit.

People will judge me by appearance regardless of what the I wears. it is not for me to please the eyes of others but first to be comfortable in my own skin and by that I please Jah. Jah requests we know ourselves through his and her eyes. for every person this vision is different.

I feel like I walk on air when I have my turban on. I will never give it up.I feel like I have wrapped the Mind of the Creator around me to protect and guide every step. Whatever I wear after is simply a garment because my head and heart and light with love of self which is to say love of Jah. For another sistren it may be a skirt..the feeling of freedom. For another it maybe a lappa or another cloth.

So really I would say find your own vine your own path. what makes you feel Jah? I wear a ring and silver bangles on my left hand to signify my marriage to Creation..to Jah Rastafari..I look at my hand and I remember constantly my mission.

FInally I will say, once you are not dressing for the eyes of other men and women you are not doing anything that could be perceived as wrong. Remember the Rastafari trod is not about exhaulting the flesh it is about exhaulting the Irit.I can livicate Jah and be a bright shining light in any garment for it comes from within not from the flesh.

Remember Jah loves us when we do wrong and Jah loves us when our hearts are pure and dedicated to His Livication.

EmpressGong

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I