Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=105&start_row=1

many are called, but few choose

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2003 9:44:38 AM

Greetings,

Many are called to live in Jah way, as One with Jah. But few choose to live this way after they are called. But instead they choose a different way.

Jah has given I and I choice, so let I and I choose Jah

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/24/2003 10:04:08 AM

truth

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/14/2007 11:31:30 PM

Here is a reasoning I made about a year ago that gives more explanation for this.

------------------------------------------------------
What comes before "many are called but few are chosen" is "many are called but few choose"

All are called, Jah has not kept Jah voice from anybody. Only the Ones that choose have any chance to be chosen. And all that choose will be chosen.

The danger in thinking that you are chosen comes when you don't live like the chosen. The children of Jah are the Ones that have chosen Jah and the children of Jah live like their Father. But if a person has never lived like Jah, how can they be Jah child. Jah keeps Jah children from going astray, not those that continue to choose not to be Jah children. You can't go astray from something you haven't been.

-----------------------
Revelation 3
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
[22] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
-----------------------
All who open the door to Jah will overcome and sit with Jah in Jah throne. Christ called on us to be One as He is One, I in Him, Him in I, I in Jah and Jah in I, for I and I to be perfect as One.

-----------------------
Ezekiel 18
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

[25] Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
[27] Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
[28] Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

[29] Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

[30] Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

[31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

[32] For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
-----------------------

The choice always was there and the choice remains. So be Perfect as your Father is Perfect in Heaven.
------------------------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/14/2007 11:49:11 PM

When I first thought of the saying "many are called, but few choose" (not saying that I am the first that thought of it, I just thought of it Iself without any body saying it to I) when I said it I didn't look into the scripture where Christ says the words "many are called, but few are chosen", I had read the scripture previously, but when the thought of the saying came into I head I didn't look into the scripture, or if I did look into I don't remember. Although if I did look into it, I probably would have presented this scripture when I reasoned about it.

Matthew 22

1And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,

2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

4Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

6And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

7But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

11And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

In the parable I see both "many are called, but few are chosen" and "many are called, but few choose".

The many that were called but didn't choose were the people who would not come to the wedding. The many that were called but were not chosen were the people who came in the name of the wedding, but didn't choose to Live as One worthy of being at the wedding. And when you look at the people in the first part of the parable who refused to come. If they did Live in the way of One worthy of being at the wedding, then they would surely have come to the wedding because that is the natural thing to do for those that are One. So they too were not chosen because they would not Live as One. But since they were shown Jah Way a long time ago and turned away, they didn't come to the wedding because they knew of the judgement. And the person at the end of the parable who came without the wedding garments, in addition to being called but not chosen, he was also called but didn't choose. He chose to go where he didn't belong, but he never chose to be One.

Jah RasTafarI chooses those that are One, and those that are One choose Jah RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Lioness Livety Sent: 1/15/2007 12:02:35 PM

Give thanks Ark I for the sound reasoning, truley lifted I spirits.

Matthew 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Hence everyone is called, but some refused the invitation, some were drawn by vain understanding and some were disrespectful and were not choosen. Therefoe everyone is called but to be choosen it determines on ones faith and conduct.
A bredrin and I were holding a reasoning about this topic several days ago, and I felt my meds trying to be led into confusion by the ways he was forming his words (he would twist and ramble them).
He was trying to convince I that many were chosen and few were called,(something I could not comprhend) that him children will always be him children, and that ones who weren't aware of this truth were the ones that would be envious of this calling and try to imposter or destroy it. I could not deny the feeling that this bredrin was trying to limit I thoughts by throwing the veil over my eyes with his approach.

Give thanks from a sincere and grateful heart!
Haile King Selassie I
Haile Queen Menen I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/14/2007 1:03:32 AM

I wanted to bring this forward because of the recent rise of the wicked and the Fire that blazed them.

And for the blessings that followed with the forwarding of Jah Fire people who heard the blaze and came to join with the Fire.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I