Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1047&start_row=11

Goodbye

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/18/2005 10:25:10 PM

Here are some diseases that cause skin to Lighten:
-tinea versicolor
-piebaldism
-albinism
-leprosy
-Raynaud's phenomenon
-Phenylketonuria
-vitiligo
-anemia
-scleroderma disease

Here are some diseases that cause skin to Darken:
-Addison's disease
-diabetes
-Kwashiorkor
-hemochromatosis
-hemosiderosis
-kidney disease
-Lamellar ichthyosis
-autoimmune disease
-systemic lupus
-anemia
-scleroderma disease

The last two diseases listed in both parts can cause both.

None of these diseases are the reason for Europeans being white or Africans being Black or the other ranges of colours in between throughout the world.

There are so many different stories from the past and present talking about the origin of white people or black people, and the flow and content of the story changes depending on who made the story.

We were created in a warm climate and we all began as One with black skin. All of us have changed from that time, that is why there are so many different types of people in the world.

White people are white because the amount of melanin that is activated in the skin changes depending on how much sun a white person is exposed to. When summer comes the skin gets darker, when winter comes the skin gets lighter.

The reason that white people have adapted so that their levels of melanin change based on the amount of sun is so we convert more sunlight into vitamin D and other nutrients when the winter comes. In the winter, not as much energy from the sun reaches us and the cold weather causes us to cover most of our body when we go outside. Since white people have lived in a cold climate for so long, we needed this adaptation to be healthier during the colder season. The further North in Europe you go, people's skin is generally whiter because they are exposed to less sun in the winter. White people produce melanin as we need it based on our changing environment.

There are studies that have shown that in North America 50 percent of black women of childbearing age lack enough vitamin D in their blood during the winter and 30 percent of black women lack it in the summer. Only 11 percent of white women of chilbearing age lacked enough vitamin D in the winter and 2 percent of white women lacked it in the summer.

The white polar bear and tiger are the way they are because they have been in a cold climate for so long. It is just a natural ability Jah has given to Creation so that over millenniums Creation adjusts itself depending on the environment.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/19/2005 9:28:52 AM

Ark I

I have been one who usually seeks scientific evidence to substantiate what I believe to be Jah revelation. This last post of yours offers a very realistic explanation that does not involve fables, etc. As a fool rejects knowledge, I applaud your deliverence of sound reasoning and accept your findings as more plausible than some of the previous explanations I myself have accepted.

one

RSK

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 10/19/2005 10:23:54 AM

HOLY MOSIS I

Tanks an' praise RASTAFA I an' im itrens inna CANADA deh.
Si Ark I I man do overstan' wa im scientificali seh bot
naturali no man gwaan ixplain wa JAH mek I black an' mek
ya witey , Ya sight sometin' viry valuable dat No man
shall overstan' di mystical wei ah di mos' I.

Ark I did Ixplain scientificali wei bot naturali ya doan
gwaan deepa inna di core tin'.

Blessed to Lov One An All
Let JAH rise an' di wicketman scatta

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/20/2005 12:55:07 AM

Ras B,

I explanation isn't scientific, it is just the reality of it. The only scientific part is the list of diseases I mentioned and the scientific studies I spoke about.

I have known my reasoning was the explanation for many years, and no science taught I this, it was only Jah Inspiration. The scientific studies were made many years after I knew this to be so. Often times I speak about things that Jah has taught I and eventually the scientists figure it out for themselves.

Jah didn't make you black and I white. Jah made I and I One and in the beginning we were created in the warm part of the earth and we were created with black skin. From the beginning Jah created I and I and all the plants, animals and earth to change and adapt as required, depending on what is around us,where we are and what we need.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: nazaritepj Sent: 10/20/2005 4:44:15 AM

AYA!!!!!Mi brethren, mi sistren. Again with the skin issue. Slice us upen and we all bleed the same. In these days and times, who is truly white, who is truly black. As the jubilees have passed, there has been such a mixing and mingling of all the races, some "black" skin peoples can pass as whites, and some "white" skin peoples can have more black ancestors than they even know of.
this sistren see white as being the color of the screen that these words are printed on, and see black as the color of the letters. I have yet to meet anyone of either color of skin.
What of Nesta Robert Marley? Shall we list him as black or white?
And what of the Arab, what of the Oriental, what of the Indian?
Does skin color weigh so much in the minds of the brethren and sistren on thisa hear site?
Please again, we are in the end of these times. Please to overstand and devote more time to the preparations, and to the celebrations of the manifestations of JAH.

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 10/20/2005 9:26:54 AM

Holy MOSIS I

Ark I , skin ya teeth Itren.Ya deestan man bot I man doan tink dat ya sightin' dat ya know wa JAH mek a BLACKMAN,DEENDOOSMAN oh eben WITEYMAN di wei HIM did. Seen no man will neba ixplain naturali neba.

Tanks an' pryse fah di word of JAH WISDOM
SELAM

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/20/2005 9:50:19 AM

BLess... i site no DIE-vision in this issue.... waht i site is COUMMICATION.....

K.Malanga stated
"TRUTH WITHOUT STRUGGLE IS NOT TRUTH AT ALL BUT RATHER MINDLESS AGREEMENT"..

The language here is again die-viding ones and ones..

Preparations and reparations require the effort of coming together..as one and that takes place once there is a UNITY of one ONE mind... site

THere must be a dialoge until there is no die-vison in man and man's mind. and all minds and hearts and souls are ONE.

INI

Bless
haile i selassie i

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 10/20/2005 1:54:26 PM

ANYBODY EVER HERE THE STORY OF THE THREE SONS OF NAOH-HAM SHEM AND JAPHETH BEING 3 DIFFERENT COLORS....HAM BLACK...JAPHETH WHITE....AND SHEM BEING YELLOW (LIKE ASAINS)??? I HEARD BOB MARLEY SPEAK OF THIS....???...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/20/2005 11:26:36 PM

NazaritePJ,

There is nothing wrong with reasoning about the colour of our skins, it is not something that we should bury and hide, it is something I and I should accept and Love. I and I will never rise together if we hide ourselves from eachother. No relationship with man and woman or among friends and family can thrive unless the candle is visible and no longer hidden. I and I must reason and come to an Iverstanding so that I and I can accept all of who we are.

Here are a couple of posts I made before, reasoning about colour. I am not saying that you are the way I am describing below. I am just showing I perspective on the matter.

-----------------------
I and I should see all color and Love all color. I and I don't deal with color blindness.

Some may think that these two ways to look at race are the same, but they are very different.

Color blindness lacks respect for other people's culture and ancestry, because it is not acknowledged but is ignored. And a lot of times when people deal with color blindness, they look at others as their own color, rather than the color the people actually are.

This veil of color blindness can only last so long, and then it will come off and the old problems will remain. Color loveness is Iternal, because it accepts and honors the differences in culture and ancestry.

-----------------------

Black, white, brown, red, yellow, pink, etc.

I love all these peoples and recognize them all. And I respect, accept and love the different cultures in their uniqueness, and I recognize the many similarities between the cultures.

But I don't deal with color blindness, I love all color. I find that usually when people speak of color blindness, a white man will see all as white, or a black man will see all as black. But why must we ignore differences. I and I should rejoice and love the differences between the people. This is the great richness of Jah creation.
-----------------------

Irie Lion,

Here is the part in the bible that speaks about what you are refering to. Whether it is so or not doesn't really matter to I, all I know is that I and I are all One.

Gen.10
[1] Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

[2] The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
[3] And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
[4] And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
[5] By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

[6] And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
[7] And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
[8] And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
[9] He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
[10] And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
[11] Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
[12] And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.
[13] And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
[14] And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.
[15] And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
[16] And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
[17] And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
[18] And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
[19] And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.
[20] These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

[21] Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.
[22] The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
[23] And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
[24] And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.
[25] And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.
[26] And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazar-maveth, and Jerah,
[27] And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
[28] And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
[29] And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.
[30] And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.
[31] These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
[32] These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

People believe that this is how the different nations came about because of the description of the lands that each of these sons and their families travelled to.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 10/21/2005 2:28:06 AM

Holy MOSIS

Me viry blessed to hav' ah man of ya deestansi.
Blessed lov to ya Ark I, di I giv' I som' mystifyin'
psalms deh.

Tanks an' pryse be to di teachers af HIM clilren
Let di wicket man scatta an JAH JAH arise

SElAM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I