Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1035&start_row=1

to sista N

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/22/2005 9:56:50 AM

"Who comes into the world knowing these things?
How can you call teaching a child a untruth original sin? "

Sistren Nzingha, i realise now that your mind is on the catholic concept of "original sin", . I man have nothing to say about this as this concept has no place in i reality.
I feel you are arguing with i for the sake of argument cause you should have realised what i meant when i said
"What is your concept of "sin" anyway. Forget the christian even muslim concept of sin which makes it seem like sin is a thing you carry around like some disease or something To I sin is any thing which makes you stray away ´from the father. It is not Jah punishing us, We punish ourselves ". How??? by going against the order established by Jah from iration. If you still do not overstand i let me speak as i would to a child--
take a car, for example. The manufacturer makes the car. When you recieve the car the order of the car is set already. Press gas, go faster. Press brakes, stop. If you do not press the brakes and you crash are you going to say it is the manufacturer punishing you??

"Can one truly be punished for ignorance? "

First of all what do you mean by "punished". It would haave been better if you asked the question as can one truly suffer for ignorance? Most definately Yes ! Ignorance will make you do the wrong, and as every action InI do has a concequence, wrong actions born from ignorance must have a detrimental effect. No true??

Does the Bible not say honor thy father and mother?

Yes it does, and i dont see why you wrote this cause i didnt say nothing about this that you should disagree with I. Plus, again not that i disagree with you but just to remind you, as in all things there are two sides to this , for the bible also says
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple"

"Who cares what day the sabath is, as long as you observe a sabath?
Do you really think God will care if you take your sabath on Saturday or Sunday or Monday for that matter? "

There is so much ignorance in this sentence i am shocked.
And then what?? are you going to tell I that you follow Jah Rastafari, the Lord of the sabath?? Fyah! Do you think that the Father does anything without a reason. Right now you remind I of those so called christians who for hundreds of years taught us that christ was white with blonde hair and blue eyes, and now when InI say No that is untrue, they say well,what does it matter what he looks like as long as you believe in his teachings
If as you say ,it doent matter what day the sabath is, then ask yoursel why did they change what had been established from creation??

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/22/2005 10:42:57 AM

I wasn't really attepting to argue at all. Which is why I asked questions rather than making statements of fact. I was attemting to have the Idren explore their own beliefs, seen.

I have been trying to get the Idren to overstand something for a while.
Each one of us creates our own reality. Now many people use this concept superficialy but it's a much more literal thing than that.
The way human eyes are hardwired, no matter what's out there, you can only see what you believe is possible. If your brain has no concept of a thing, it simply won't process it.
The smallest particle in human existance is called a quark. These particles are the building blocks of everything we see, and some things we don't. It is a known fact that a quark has a completely diffrent pattern of movement when you're looking than it does when you're not.
The three components of an atom; electrons, protons, and nuetrons; dissapear and reapear randomly. No one knows where they go, why they leave or why they come back.
Because of the way your eyes read light everything you see is actually every color but the one you precieve it to be. All the other colors are absorbed into the object, it is the color that does not exist that reflects off and is caught by the human eye.
Just a few facts to get the Idren thinking.

As for the Sabatth, over the centuries, time has been altered. There is absolutly no proof that we still calculate time the same way humanity did before the man called Jesus the Christ. Months have been altered, days added or subtracted. The Kemetic year was divided so precisely that leap years were unneccessary. It was far more efficent than the Roman calander that we use today. Every four years we gain a day, but we are still behind in our calculations. In other words, none of us knows what day it really is, right now. So how can we argue over which day is sacred. Every day is sacred. The most important thing is that you observe a day of rest.
I refuse to believe that God has time for miniscule details. At the end of the day, week, year, you should ask yourself two questions.Have I brought joy to the world? Have I been joyful in my heart?
My point is all God wants if for you to live clean. Help those who's needs you can meet. Remain true to your beliefs in the face of uncertainty, propaganda, and sabatoge. Seek the deepest level of truth.
The truth in everything lies within yourself, all you have to do is reject the lies comming in from outside yourself.
You can't punish yourself, you can only make a mistake in order to learn the right way for the next time. You can't go against God, that is human arrogance. You can only ignore the path given to you to trod. And you will never end up anywhere but where you already are if you attempt to take a diffrent path.
Just because an event seems to be bad, doesn't mean it is. When the Idren looks backward they can see all the dots line up. Every event in life is linked together. Only God can punish you, you don't run things, trust me Idren. Every time you though you had done some thing or another, it was actually God whispering in your ear.
If I man don't mash the brakes, the God wants me to crash so that I may be where I am supposed to be and learn what I am supposed to learn.

God looks after fools and babies.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/22/2005 11:12:51 AM

Concerning the sabath, you go ahead and lean upon your own understanding, I man will humble iself and follow H.I.M InI Father

And by the way its funny to i, how ,what some are getting from books and education and research, i get just by i-ditating on Jah and creation. i never went to university but everyday i reason with men who are learned in quantum physics and such, and to this day they havent showed i nothing that rasta has not been saying from day1 . There is no knowledge found outside that you cannot find within thyself if you just listen

"Only God can punish you, you don't run things, trust me Idren"

Just the fact that you say this to i shows me that again you have taken my words to a place i never send them.I dont know if it is you who refuse to overstand my words or it is i who is not making i-self clear. If it my fault, i pray Jah will show i a better way to make my meaning clear. For now i will stop here.

Love same way, sistren
Jah Live

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I