Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=939&start_row=11

striving to be a rastarfian woman

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Osiris Sent: 7/22/2005 5:06:42 PM

Yes,
Christianity should be a livity, not a religion. I'm sure the I here mostly agree that Christianity started in Africa, and what the Europeans did with it. I just thought native roots' original comment to the sistren needed clarification.
The line of reasoning that I spurred with the previous post has clarified. Selah.

Peace unto all.

Messenger: native root Sent: 7/22/2005 5:12:23 PM

haile, Christianity derives from egyptian,roman,greek and babylonian mythologies.Christianity is a man-made religion based on false pretence.The new testament is pure bs.Jesus=iesous=zeus.Yahushua ha Machiyahk is a totally different person.Yahushua didnt make wine outta water, walk on water or any of those things. Yahushua stood up against decadance and corruption.much like the Rastaman of these days.

Idren and Sistren, the bible is nothing more than a book of many books written by drunks and vagabonds. these drunks and vagabonds took beliefs from all over they're conquered lands and formed thier own belief system. CHA!

ALL of INI will sight the light sooner or later. if ini continue the trod and let HIM guide ini steps then it is just a matter of time before the truth reveals itself unto ini.

I urge ones and ones to study the lyrics of Midnite(st Croix).true prophets them.here is a link.... http://vireggae.com/lyrics.htm

Yes idren Ras Elijah, RasTafari IS a LIVITY.

Bless

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 7/22/2005 5:17:53 PM

Words of RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

Words of Ras TafarI

Messenger: native root Sent: 7/22/2005 5:27:39 PM

blessed love, Givethanks sistren Khamyl

very true when the i say how the people trod thru life in a lost and confused state, not knowing who they are ,where them come from and the reasons why.hmm true meaning of babylon eh?

Ones must do more than smoke hearbs, eat clean and say Jah all the time.Ones must seek truth and once they find it they
must share it seen?iman give the upmost thanks unto Vaughn Benjamin(midnite) and Mutabaruka for bringin ini the truths and rights.Ras Pidow, Mortimor Planno, Jah Lighting and others start this movement of enlightenment and Muta and Vaughn are continueing where they left off.Nuff Raspect Love Thanks and Blessings unto them two bredrens.seen

Praise Ye Ras Tafari !!!!!

Messenger: native root Sent: 7/22/2005 6:08:12 PM

P.s. Rastafarian not rastarfian :)

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/22/2005 6:14:50 PM

Religion : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

To me it is a religon, and Haile Selassie I was a Christian. He says he was a Christian.

Cause, to enlighten the peoples & educate them was Haile Selassie I's cause, this is why he built so many schools.

Principle, The man was extremley educated and did not commit wickedness, he had principle in everything HIM did.

System of Beliefs, Selassie was the giver of beliefs to his children (us). But many Ras Ta's believe different things, but we each have a system of beliefs.

I believe it is a religon, I dont know how you can deny it but I am not here to tell you im wrong, I will not judge you. I just hope that you all read and think about what Selassie I said, and what is in the Bible.

If any I's want to reach me,

AIM: Dr34d10ck3d

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/22/2005 6:25:58 PM

religion is more a series of exercises or rituals in practice in hopes that one can obtain spiritualism

spiritual people don't need the rituals

RSK

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/22/2005 7:09:30 PM

Well, I no longer smoke herb nor am I Jamaican.

But I have a copy of the book RastafarI : Roots & Ideology, and it states that Jamaican RastafarI's smoke herb for spiritual enlightenment.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/22/2005 10:21:10 PM

Native root,

Blessed love

I don't think that your interpretation of Christianity is as full as you think. I would put you up to the challange of testing these theories of yours against some biblical theologens, I'm sure that if the bible was as simple as you make it sound then no one would read it. But doesn't it strike you odd that this "bullshit" that His Majesty glorified HIMself in, is the most debated topic ever to hit his planet. I think that some of your sources need to be checked my bredren because you must realize that ever since the Bibles beginning they have picked up everything they could find to fight against it but to no avail, the stories you talk about are just another one of those stones that they picked up. The reason that I bring it up is because I have already seen a good deal of these "pagan resemblences" disproven. Seek further my lord, His Majesty whom I presume you call on, was a firm believer in the Bibles message and He called it "the rallying point of mankind." So are we the servants of a lieing God, or do some of us have some outside research to do.

Blessed

Messenger: native root Sent: 7/22/2005 10:48:08 PM

yes givethanks for the word sound ras dreadnut

there are many contradictions in the bible.here are just a few.

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.------LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."-----Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."-------John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2 Kings 2:11)---
"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ... the Son of Man." (John 3:13)

iman nah saying the bible is all false, only the nt and some of the ot.ini have to reason with ini selves in meditation and decide for ini selves what Jah say and dont say.

ones cyan visit this link and scroll down till you come upon(christianity:2000 years of illusion on the african mind)

http://www.ireggae.com/mutaseh.htm#extended

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I