Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=915&start_row=1

Times is changing..

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/7/2005 12:19:01 PM

It seems the more I dwell in words of thee Lord, and the Teachings & Words of HIM that Rasta everywhere are going farther from the original teachings. Bob Marley (who was taught by a Nyah Elder Mortimar Planno) said that Jesus said he would come under a new name, that is why he sighted Ras TafarI. Ras TafarI said he was only mortal, a man and one should not praise another man as God. Marcus Garvey's prophesy "look for a kind in the east, a black king" has been talked over and over but no one is sure that he even said that, and dont know how it came about, no one knows who was the ones to hear it. To believe that someone is a reincarnation is to go against the God's teaching's say the TTI. So where are we at I ask? I find it remarkebly odd that things have changed so drastically in 20 or so years on the beliefs of Ras TafarI. Ras TafarI said he man not God, Jesus claimed himself Son of God. Selassie come from King David & Solomon, David unite the states of Israel, Solomon hold together the foundation till after Zion passed to Ithiopia. Ithiopia was excluded from the Holy Wars because of King Arhmah, because he sent money to Muhammad. After the seed of Solomon came to Ithiopia, every King within the bloodline was blessed with knowledge, maybe Selassie I isnt Jah as was proclaimed to be by Early Rasta's, because of the prophey of Garvey, Selassie I may have been the King reigning over the Kingdom of God, using the knowledge blessed apon by God to have the wisdom to hold the Kingdom together. But Lucifer angered the people of Ithiopia because the land didnt provide then came the overthrough over Ithiopia by the Marxist, but now it has been pulled back into the hands of the seed of Solomon, where we at I ask again, Why Ras TafarI never say he was Holy if indeed he was? He wasnt Nazarite like Jesus, but he was very much a man of God who put his hole life in God's hands. I have heard a alternate set of Idea's that Solomon was Christ(Messiah) and not Jesus and that, that is why Selassie I is Jah.

I & I Still hold all my beliefs based on the Bible, Kebra Nagast and I wont change because I want the Truth.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 7/7/2005 4:21:36 PM

These are good questions to ask, and I think many of the I on this site have different perspectives on this as well.
I often ask Iself, Is Selassie I JAH? Son of JAH? Prophet? I am still on a spiritual struggle for truth and I will not answer this qestion for Iself until I come to full realization. I am not worried about it either, because I know that point is different for everyone.
I am positive of the goodness and wisdom of his Majesty's teachings and of the legacy of his lineage. Jesus said I am the Son of JAH, but The Bible also teaches us that we are all the children of JAH. Maybe that is what Jesus meant too. Maybe Jesus was living the way he was to show the people what a true son of JAH should be living like.

-Osiris

And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD for ever
1Kings 2:45

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 7/7/2005 5:46:39 PM

So Selassie I had to come right out and say " I AM JAH, WORSHIP ME"?
Jesus didn't say to worship him.......

Seek and ye shall find knock and a door shall be opened...

Give thanks for the reasoning

Blessed

Messenger: the rock Sent: 7/7/2005 6:29:44 PM

For me certain things that Elijah has stated are never going to change they are an actuallity. Even Elijah was thought to be God but he taught the people the same truth as all these people that are always quoted new and took this truth and manifested works in thier time tis why people are looking to those examples now. I feel that we are all created as stated, as children of Jah
One man might hold that he's the disendant of this or that but King David and every king after him was a man. True that, its written that law shall not leave from Juda side until a certain time. And I feel that God is inseprable from man the very energy that man posses is of God. Without Gods breath, Gods energy, man dont even move one step. So I say that wether your a nueclear physisist or your a shaman who uses the herbs of the earth and the body to manifest chi, both energies are God manifested through Gods creation. "Any creator is the father of that creation".

Peace to all and all to peace.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/7/2005 8:10:37 PM

I & I give thanks for your comments, many things refer Selassie I to being Jah, passing by in Jmaica the story Rita Marley tell is that she saw the stigmata on HIM's waving palm, and she began to cry. Also the Elder Mortimmar Planno met with HIM, and his views didnt change afterward.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/7/2005 10:08:12 PM

Blessed love Ras Elijah,

In the New Testament when Jesus speaks of the Comforter, He explains that the one to come would not speak of HIMself, but rather of Jesus and of the Father. This is the revelation bredren. First Christ comes to speak of the Fahther and live as a Jew, now He comes as Haile Sellassie the Semitic Christian. Don't you see the transformation? I would highly reccomend that you read the King of kings prophecy Revelations 19. You will see that the One with many titles and many crowns has a name written on HIM that no one knows but He HIMself.

This world doesn't need people who claim to be the Almighty, they need the Almighty. And beyond even the Bible bredren, Haile Selassie I manifest in other ways. Haile Selassie said that He was man as in flesh, and that flesh can't worship flesh because that is the worship of the image and not the God. This is the same thing as when man fell before Jesus and He picked them up.

If Rastafari wasn't pleased with our take, then He would not have awarded us bredren. Also, they say that His Majesy tell the Abuna that rasta confuse and don't understand, why would He need some one else to mediate that message besides HIMself. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords, He needs no mediator, as we have seen in the League of Nations example, His Majesty I is more than capable of delivering a speech. If Haile Sellassie felt the nessecity to inform Rasta otherwise I think that as THE DEFENDER OF THE FAITH AND RIGHTOUSNESS, that He would have found no problem in addressing the issue.

Remember what HIM tell the Jamaican Government,

"Leave them alone for they now what they're doing."

Don't get fool by poopaganda, stay firm for the Lord God Jah Rastafari Ever so Haile

Ras Zion I

Also the Coming of a black king theme, what is proven is that 1 year prior to the Coronation, Marcus Garvey made a play that foretold the coming of a Black King who would redeem the nation. That is the birth of that phrase, it came from the play, but regardless the irony remains.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 7/8/2005 11:34:46 AM

Thank you Dreadnut I,

I shal read all of Rev19 and book mark it afterwards, your words are wise and you have helped me overstand more and keep trodding on the same path, for I will never lose faith in God whoever he shall be.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/8/2005 3:29:19 PM

Blessed Love bredren,

I am glad that you found my words to be useful. Keep in mind also bredren that Christ say that many people would come in His Name and fool many, as they would be false messiahs. But His Majesty never made such a claim as to being divine, because if He had it would have broken the prophecy. Do you see? Just live it up bredren.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 7/8/2005 5:22:27 PM

GREETINGS IDREN AND SISTREN,

WHEN THE PROPHECIES WERE WRITTEN, THAT WHEN JESUS WOULD RAISE UP AND RETURN ACCORDING TO THE FLESH THAT HE WOULD SIT UPON THE THRONE OF KING DAVID. ACTS 2:30. ALSO REV 5:5 WHICH ALL YOU KNOW THIS ONE SPEAKS ABOUT THE ONLY LAMB THAT COULD LOOSEN THE 7 SEALS OF THE 7 SCROLLS AND WAS CALLED "LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH". ALSO THE REV 19 KING OF KINGS LORD OF LORDS. ALL THESE PROPHECIES AND MORE WERE FULFILLED WHEN RAS TAFARI WAS CROWNED UPON THE THRONE OF KING DAVID ON NOV. 2ND 1930. SO IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THESE TITLES HE WOULD HAVE TO BE THE CHRIST RETURN. ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD MAKES MISTAKES AND IS IMPERFECT THEN YOU COULD DEBATE THAT SELASSIE MAY NOT BE CHRIST RETURN. HOWEVER I MAN KNOW THAT JAH IS PERFECT, AS IT WAS WRITTEN. SO I KNOW THAT JAH DONT MAKE MISTAKES, WHEN HIM SAY HE WILL RETURN WITH THESE TITLES, NO MAN UPON EARTH CAN CLAIM THESE TITLES EXPECT FOR JAH. SEEN?

ONE THING MAYBE ONE OF YOU IDRENS COULD GUIDE I TOO, IS I HEARD OVER AND OVER AGAIN, MOSTLY FROM BOB, HE SAID THAT JESUS SAID HE WILL RETURN WITHIN 2000 YEARS, AND HE WOULD COME IN A NEW NAME "DREADFUL AND TERRIBLE AMONG THE HEATHEN" WHERE DID BOB GET THIS FROM? WAS THIS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, AND IF SO WHERE? I JUST WANT TO FIND THIS LIGHT OF TRUTH. I JUST LIKE TO HAVE REFERENCE TO ALL I PREACH TO MY BREDREN THROUGH I LIFE PATH. I CAME UPON A FEW VERSES THAT SORT OF DEAL WITH THIS, BUT HAVENT COME ACROSS THIS. I FOUND: Psalms 102:15 - So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory. ~RAS TAFARI IS NAME TO BE FEARED AMONG THE HEATHEN. BOB WHO YELLED THIS NAME OUT LOUD, WAS ON THE CIA'S MOST WANTED LIST. ALSO -Ezekiel 20:14 - But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out. ~ THIS TO ME IS LIKE, WHEN THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND CALL UPON THE NAME JESUS, AND GEORGE BUSH CALL UPON JESUS AND ALL THE HEATHEN CALL UPON THE NAME JESUS, THEN JAH DONT WANT THAT NAME ANYMORE. BUT HELP ME FIND THIS...PLEASE..

GIVE THANKS IDREN
AND PRAISE

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/8/2005 5:54:28 PM

Irie Lion, blessed

Bob was referncing two old testamenr prophecy. Although I don't know the exact verse, "dreadful amongst the heathen" comes from the book of Malachi, the returning with a new name comes from the book of Isiah.

I don't know about the 2000 year thing though.

Blessed

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I