Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=906&start_row=1

InI dem try Dis??

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/2/2005 7:44:37 PM

Hail Idren in the Most Glorious Name of Emperor Haile Selassie I
Greetings to all.
Iman dont really have a set topic but allow i to voice some things on my mind on how they treat rasta people.
the first problem is obviously how them and dem media act as if Rasta people dont even exist. If it wasnt for Jah Word Power and Sound....well iman wont deal with ifs nor buts. And if them ever speak of InI the problem,is on how them always speak of rasta. If the I dem notice, whenever they mention InI ,say for example,during an interview with a rasta artist,they will say something like, "They are a people who believe that the former king of Ethiopia Haile Selassie is God", and thats it.
I can imagine if someone who dont know about rasta reads that,they must think InI is mad and so they miss the glory and joy JahJah offers. why them never say something like , Rasta are a people who believe in one love and one God and stand up for equal rights and justice for all. They are a people who endevour to live in accordance with nature.Why dem no say those things??
My other question is
When oh when are they gonna give the Rastaman his rightful due??After all InI have done how them treat I so?
I man Love Mr Mandela and respect all that the man has done but right now Nelson come like a betrayer to I. I remember reading his book and how he said that it was during his visit to Ethiopia before he was imprisoned (by invitation of the Emperor to learn tactics in guerilla warfare from the Emperorīs officers) that he felt truly free as a black man for the first time in his life. I havent heard him nor any other African leader give thanks for the teaching and leadership of Selassie I yet.
So i turn on the t.v the other day and who is it they called for the Nelson Mandela concert?? Fucking Will Smith. The next day i see the white girl from Eurythmics on stage singing Redemption Song
Its enuff to bring tears to my eyes
When i see these things i cant help but remember bredda Peter Tosh getting his head cracked open for marching against aparthied way before fucking bob geldoff ever heard of Mandela. Is this the thanks inI get??
Still , none but JAh I man wait upon for i rightful pay

FYAH

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/2/2005 10:33:06 PM

Horrible! Did they really remake the redemption song? I have recently heard some ridiculous friggin trance techno Bob Marley songs! What kind of folly is this? An I man wha know who give them de right fi go and mek Bob sound like some X-tasy concert. Fiyah!

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 7/3/2005 10:44:07 AM

I agree brethren and it upsets i also how they stereotype us on telievision the fake jamaican accent ,we only get a lil respect because of bob marley and they are trying to even seperate him from rasta..we are seen to be hippies that smoke herb and belive that a dead man is god..Fiyah..it really frustrates i ..but we know that we shall have the last laugh.Selah

RasTafarI

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I