Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=856&start_row=21

THE RAPTURE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 5/11/2016 8:22:13 PM

(1 Corinthians 15:11-26) what should we believe then? We have allowed hatred to blind us from the truth! Just because Christianity taught of the rapture and by their hands enslaved us doesn't mean the word of Jah is wrong! They took it and interpreted wrong, but Jah word still stands true and firm. And we still has to give an account for ourselves, no matter what they done to us Rastas! Take Christianity out, then what, Jah alone is Christian! It's alright to teach, and follow Christ! Not the Christ that they picture in the bible, but the one it speaks off! (11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive..
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (49-58)And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/11/2016 11:06:04 PM

I noticed it but never really paid much attention to the rapture. I read the new testament without a church influence and the Teachings and Example of Yeshua are what caught I attention and focus, not the rapture, crucifixion, or resurrection. Whether or not the rapture is real, where I put I focus was the right place, and the whole point of it.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I