Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=855&start_row=11

head covering

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 6/2/2005 4:40:02 PM

To each his own. Why are the I's asking this back to front question? When it is revealed to each person what is his way then won't he follow that path that he sees fit? Then what he sees will be his way. People don't live by laws and customs, but by spirit.

Anyway if you look at the following verse Paul says that short hair for a man and long for a woman is the only custom that he knows and all the churches at that time that he knew of were following that way. So what? What does that have to do with us now? To each his own. So long as you don't look down on someone because of their hairstyle or style of dress I am okay.

Messenger: bw Sent: 6/3/2005 2:14:05 PM

Modesty, discipline, sacredness of the crown... Humility...
SistrenItes! Newsletter may be a good resource for the I to check!
Perfect Love,
Sis Kaley

seen i have to check that out, is that a paper newsletter or online?
there are not a lot of sistren in my area but there are some bredren.sometimes i feel like i want to reason with a sistren sometime. this is probably the next best thing.

as for the head covering i am sometimes conflicted but when i see my women of Jah cover their heads i become inspired.

as for Paul. James the brother of Jesus i believe made Paul do the three day vow i believe to atone for bringing Gentiles into the Temple.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/3/2005 3:00:07 PM

James made him do it? Why would Paul do anything James said, they did not like eachother very much, which is rather contrdictory of the whole message itself, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good story right.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 6/3/2005 4:26:26 PM

Facts? about what? about whom?
If parts of the bible are as trivial as the I says, then reasoning the facts in this matter is pointless.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/3/2005 4:43:41 PM

Well yes things get way out in de bible, but I found it to be surprising that Paul would take orders from someone he didn;t like. I was merely inquiring as to the bredrens wisdam on the subject.

Bless

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 6/4/2005 11:29:58 AM

Greetings Dreadnut

Paul and the Church of Jerusalem were at variance with each other often, but Paul was mostly obedient to the wishes of the original Church. He even collected money from wealthier Roman Christians to send to the Elders in Jerusalem, of which James was the head. Many scholars now believe that James and the Church in Jerusalem might have been the forerunners of the Ebionites, who were strict Jewish Christians.

Peace and Love
Jeff

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 6/4/2005 12:25:51 PM

blessed love bw,

In regards to SistrenItes! Newsletter, it is a monthly newsletter that is available for free download online as well as available for hard-copy monthly subscription sent to the I's gates in color. Please visit www.imegabooks.com to view the SistrenItes! 20004 Annual edition which is for sale, as well as the subscription and nuff other ilah works! And please note that SistrenItes! is not for sistren alone, it is for the Rastafari nation as a whole.

Often there are far more bredren than sistren in INI communities... it is important for the sistren to reason and support one another for the betterment of the community in general.

InI prefer that the crown is covered for many sacred reasons, it does not necessarily have to be written on any tablet of stone (bible) for InI to know what is right for InI. That feeling of inspiration and respect that is felt when sighting a covered empress is natural.

Guidance through the King of Kings and light of this world
Sellassie I

Sis Kaley

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 6/4/2005 2:46:42 PM

Blessed Love for all Empresses and Queens of Iration and Civilisation. Give Thanks Iyah!

First of all, all makes it seem as if Paul was indeed a Nazarite.

His Majesty made clear, that in his Theocracy Reign man and woman are worth the same and made equal. Worth the same, but still different. So I see it as dignity and self-consciousness that a Selassie I Daughter covers her head. I would never tell a woman to do so, but still I have the highest respect for all proud empresses showing their dignity!

I, as a Rasta Youth, often cover my head. To show my dignity. To show that I n I nah run no vanity dread bizness. But still often I want to show my dread appearance to show the world who I am and where I stand.

Sis Menen, is the I the Sistren Kaley from the SistrenItes staff?

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/4/2005 4:33:02 PM

Blessed love Nyah,

I man cyan vibe with what the i is saying. Jah Jah is impartial, clean heart first, wrap head later. Clean hearts lead to the desire to cover your head, wrapped heads don't lead to clean hearts, believe it, I man know plenty of the people dem who wha fi wrap up dem locks and so, but them na stay right.

Theocracy Reign, Nyahbinghi Haile I Selassie I goverment!

Ras Zion I

Messenger: bw Sent: 6/4/2005 9:49:39 PM

thank you sis menen

im still new to this rasta trod and i need all the guidance i can get. i saw the newsletter and its very nice and very well done.i enjoy the ital section very much. im still getting deprogrammed and what not where im still kinda vulnerable but with Jah help i will get stronger

bless up
chinyre
p.s. how do i change my sign in name anybody know?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I