Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=820&start_row=11

People talkin...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/7/2005 2:25:38 AM

I believe Haile Selassie I maybe had other women friends AFTER the passing of the Queen...it can't be proven either way. As for I, I love my wife very much and would never consider getting invloved with another woman. I like looking at them, no doubt, admiring beauty, but I would never go farther than that.

Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/7/2005 10:31:51 AM

Query: The strange woman made him a fool? Was that one of his many wives? His wives wouldn't have been strangers. Help me to overstand. What passage sister?

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/7/2005 10:42:52 AM

Kebra Negast Chapter 28

I found the following:

Solomon had many wives before hand and it was not considered fornication. Even if Menyelek was his firstborn, he still had many wives before so Makeda was not his first wife.

Also, it says that before Christ, manogamy was permitted because grace was by flesh, but after Christ, when grace was via Holy Spirit, the rules changed to one wife being appropriate? Its still fuzzy, to me but this is revelation even though I've read the Kebra Negast in its entirity more than a dozen times.

RSK awaits the idren's responses.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 5/7/2005 11:41:27 AM

Ises

Blessed, Sis read 1Kings 11.

And by the way, I am a Bro. ;)

Selah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/7/2005 12:20:44 PM

my bad, I need to double check the previous post, thought it was sis menen

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/7/2005 12:24:14 PM

thank you so much

this is so deep I may need to fast for 3 days to overstand it

blessings to you and your house for guiding me to Jah word

RSK

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/13/2005 1:14:57 AM

A man and woman were created to trod as One Flesh in the beginning. But Jah lets His children make their choices, whether right or wrong. People chose to depart from the ways Jah set out for them and they started to break apart. RasTafarI saw that they would not change their ways, so Jah gave them instruction so that they would at least deal with some righteousness in their relationships.

Christ explains this below in terms of divorce. I feel that the same applies for people having multiple partners. But if a person loses their husband or wife because of death, then they can remarry.

Mark 10

1And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again.

2And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.

3And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?

4And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.

5And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.

6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

9What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

10And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.

11And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

12And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 5/13/2005 4:40:58 AM

Hail Ras Tafari
Bless up sis Khamyl.. I have posted 1Kings ch11 below. I encourage all the Is to hold a medi on what the Is see as right in Sellassie I sight. Often InI get caught up looking to scripture and examples set by those who have come before InI when the truth is what InI know within. Things may be this way or that way in the scripture, but how it can be applied Now is of utmost importance.
I sight InI Almighty king Haile Sellassie the First had Empress Menen coronated by His side, and through all their years of marriage HIM never went astray. Trying to justify multiple wombmen by the ways of Solomon is something I don't overstand... yet I respect the choices one makes as long as all involved are dealt with royally and respectfully.
(an interesting film: Brooklyn Babylon- a modern day Solomon and Queen of Sheba love story about a Rastaman and jewish wombman in Brooklyn)
Blessed Love

1 Kings 11

1But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

3And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

4For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

7Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

8And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

9And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,

10And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

11Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

12Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.

13Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?search=1Kings%2011&version=9;

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/13/2005 9:36:26 AM

thank you sistren, that is the scripture InI have been meditating on for the past few days, however InI am lQQking for a scripture I read many years ago:

.....if an unbelieving husband leave, let him depart.......

this is in reference to Ark I's comment:

I have struggled with divorce issues twice, and I have taken a "no marriage" stance at this time because I want to be certain, that InI overstand before I take the plunge again. Your comments refer to death. What is a queen to do, if her king rejects the teachings of His Majesty and abandons Jah and her? Should she remain alone because of His actions?

RSK

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/13/2005 10:40:01 AM

we love all the Queen's ....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I