Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=820&start_row=1

People talkin...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress1 Sent: 5/5/2005 2:33:55 PM

that Rastas like plenty women. Please bredren and sistren help me dispel this myth. King Sellasie married only once and didnt "take" any other woman after his wife died. Its true that some men are loose but thats just some men. You cant say this is true for every Ras. What do the I think?

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/5/2005 2:59:46 PM

I think each man and each woman must reconcile his/her actions with Jah

Rastas are no more inclined to take many women than the average man today and may be more inclined to seek manogamy than most.

This is an indictment fueled by disrespect for Bob Marley and King Solomon. Rita cared for most of the children Bob Marley fathered at some point in their life. If she could do so lovingly, who among any has the right to speak ill of any of our bredren?

I feel that as long as there is spiritual balance, nothing else matters. A humble king, needs a rebel queen, and vice versa. If a king can provide for his family and maintain his responsibility in teaching them the ways of His Imperial Majesty, I shalt not judge the composition of his family.

RSK

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 5/5/2005 3:03:34 PM

seen

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/5/2005 3:15:12 PM

Just a question,
Do any of the I's know how many wives and children Bob Marley had throughout his lifetime?

Blessings

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/5/2005 8:18:55 PM

34 who bear his surname

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/5/2005 9:11:10 PM

King Solomon had many wives before and after his encounter with the Queen of Ithiopia.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/5/2005 9:32:32 PM

seen, exactly my point, and it did not prevent him from being a wise king

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/6/2005 1:41:08 AM

I have never considered more than One woman in my Life. That is I trod, as it was RasTafarI's trod.

The only things I say to those that do otherwise, is to be honest with all the women so all know what the situation is. If they agree to it, then it is their choice.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/6/2005 2:39:52 AM

Haile Selassie I had one wife. The problem with multiple spouses is that it stems from the concept of a woman as property, which is for fire. Is only one empress for I.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 5/6/2005 5:31:14 AM

Ises

Elijah, according to the Bible this is true, but the Kebra Nagast teaches that Menelik was Solomon's firstborn, so Makeda must have been his first Queen.

And Sis Khamyl, the Bible states clearly, that exactly this, the foreign and strange women, prevented him from beeing wise and made him a fool.

HIM was married before Woyzero Menen, with Woyzero Altayech and had with her one daughter Romana Worq.

Selah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I