Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=804&start_row=21

What is your problem

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/4/2005 9:08:12 PM

Osiris, thank you for bringing some rational discussion to this forum. I stand on my information because I lived it, my parents lived it, etc. InI seed itinue to live it because the descendents of the oppressors still benefit from the evil deeds of their forefathers.

Much Luv and Respect

Also, we have to allow for different levels of consciousness and development as this forum is not exclusive to any particular age group.

RSK

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/4/2005 9:14:55 PM

You know I was going to put more information here to support my ideals just like my other posts, but after consulting Iself, I fugure I not here to make you believe what I say, im done. Believe what you want.

Ras ElIjah

I was refering to RSK, if you would have read all the posts you would know that.All I wanted was the explaination for what brother Rock said, but instead I have to be harrased with nonsense.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/4/2005 9:16:46 PM

Just because its your background doesnt mean you automatically know everything about it.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 5/4/2005 10:38:31 PM

Ras Elijah,

your last comment made more sense than this whole conversation. I am actually nauseous after reading this whole topic (which I had not looked at in a while) --Why do all these Rasta people "say" they respect eachother, but address eachother with sarcasm and disrespect... I and I am not perfect, and after seeing this, I see how bad some of the things I had said to TEF before were. I am sorry now for letting words offend me..... but TEF dis'd Nyahbinghi and His Majesty...

In this case, I can't see what happened. The Rock posted a blessed messaage... Then there is an arguement. Most likely, one of the I them misunderstood another.

One thing I noticed was.. as said by Elijah:

"From this I interpret that you mean that, We commit criminal acts till the government of RastafarI has emerged and then we will not be a criminal no longer."

I'm not sure what the I's point was -if he agrees with this or not.. but I think this is very true. We are criminals. Each Rastafarian is a criminal, and belongs in prison.

But, really, you have to know, these are not my thoughts, they are Babylon's. --In Babylon's eyes, we are all terrible, dangerous criminals who stand in thier way.

In reality, we follow Jah's Laws. Babylon's Laws go against Jah's Laws, so to Babylon, we are criminals. Get me? If I smoke a spliff outside, walking down a city street, I could (and likely would) be arrested. -Or if I just try to live on the land, I could be arrested for "tresspassing" and that's if I don't wander across a border with another country.

Soon, as the mark of the beast is implemented, we will become worse than criminals... we will be seen as dangerous rebels, who should be killed on sight. Our peaceful resistance days will gone, and will have to fight. --Don't forget, His majesty tried using peace when He was invaded. It didn't work, so His Majesty fought. Rome came with tanks and bombs, and Ethiopia only had light armament. His Majesty even joined the troops on the front line.

I and I am peaceful, willing to love and even hug anyone -even who has proven to be my enemy. But, through this peace, I am a warrior. I am a soldier of the Most High, waiting to follow my orders, be them to stand and take a beating peacefully, or to fight hard, and not get hit once.

There is a time for peace, and it is wonderful to make more of that time, and live in peace....... but the time also comes when we have to fight.

Idren... let whatever it was go.... fighting might be necessary on occasion, but never amidst I and I.

Blessed Love, and Respect

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/4/2005 10:50:14 PM

Thank thee for bringing us back to the original topic Doc, see this is what I was thinking but was not sure, because me nor other brothers I reason with in my daily life look at eachother as criminals. So I didnt know what he was implying.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/4/2005 10:51:15 PM

"We are criminals. Each Rastafarian is a criminal, and belongs in prison."

Reminds me of the story of Ralph Waldo Emerson visiting Henry David Thoreau in jail. Henry was put in jail for not paying taxes in protest against the Mexican-American War. Ralph exclaimed, "Henry, what are you doing in there?" Henry Thoreau replied, "Ralph, what are YOU doing out there?"

Peace and Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/4/2005 10:53:17 PM

RSK

Please give us some stories and lessons learned form your experiences. It would be a Blessing of Knowledge.

Ras Elijah, most times first hand knowledge of an event has the advantage of any amount of book knowledge, yes?

Peace and Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 5/4/2005 11:12:08 PM

jahlove....

I thought that story was a great parallel, once I thought about it for a sec..

And of course, experiencing something is far better than reading about it. Take my recuring example: the martial arts. You can read books about them for years, and not learn anything more than ideas about how a move should look... Then you can spend a single day with a real master, and learn more than you ever have before. You never know how to hit hard, until you do it... you never know how to do an impressive-looking arial kick, until you do it. Some things I can do... before I tried it the first time, I had no idea I could do it.

Keep growing
Keep learning
Keep Jah

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/4/2005 11:21:33 PM

I guess you didnt read my words when speaking on the town I grow up in, being one of the towns that had problems invovling civil rights laws, and was also visited by MLK. I have not only attained my thoughts and ideals from books of hostory but from books written by MLK, and from Africans in my communitys who were around during those troubled times.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/5/2005 10:50:03 AM

Ras Sistren Khamyl, you said,

------------------------
also, the truth of the matter is that the majority of amerikkkans hated malcolm and martin

it only became safe and popular to embrace them after they were dead and could no longer assemble the masses

AN ARMY CANNOT FOLLOW A DEAD GENERAL
------------------------

This is so true.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I