Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7892&start_row=1

What is the reasoning behind common Rasta bonding/mating practices.

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Li RasTa Sent: 8/5/2024 9:36:29 AM

I know Haile Selassie I was monogamous, with many children. What do Rastas say is the reason for male polygamy, that seems to be prevalent? I mean, what Bob and many others practiced?

Is it based on Luke 20:34? I know the dietary restrictions are based on the Nazarene vow, as servants, and not on the example of Haile Selassie I.

"34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels.37 They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection."

Does anyone have any insight about this?

The Ethiopian philosopher Zera Yacub reasoned that monogamy was implied by the fairly equal amount of men and women. He was a precursor to the enlightment in vaster Christianity in Europe and America and proof of the true enlightenment values being a fruit of long-standing Christian culture. Jesus stated that it was one man and one woman in the beginning, and he claim it stands.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 8/8/2024 1:18:52 PM

If you listen to the Math Hoffa podcast, when JUNIOR REID is there, he explain how KING EMMANUEL said you could have even 21 wives..

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 8/8/2024 1:21:48 PM

if any of the I dem dont feel like seh u have 2,5 hours to invest in the full episode, at least look at this short 8 minute video clip.

Blessed Love.

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 8/8/2024 9:17:34 PM

Greetings Jah Li Rasta
Greetings To One & All

Nice question posed by the I ..... and the answer to it is somewhat
based on cultural practices . Now without going to what I&I feel is
a reason not necessarily the answer , one must acknowledge that not All
practice polygamy and every ras will have him reasoning on the matter.
So with that in mind I&I look at it as a cultural thing in that sprung
up out of colonialism slave master practices that bred slaves like
cattle
and sheep . And as it moved forward we bred out of wedlock , leaving
the
male with no wives but baby-mothers. Now that man may have had one
night
or a season with a female and moved on for whatever reason , linking a
new female and so on. Mister Marley had one wife as far as I&I know and
baby-mothers , if he had married more than one then I&I would say that
is
polygamy.

Now the Luke 20:34 can not be taken by itself but in full context
of what was said before leading up to the Lords reply , for the Lords
reply was about being in heaven after the resurrection where one will
not be given in marriage nor marry, as the verses after 34 states //
the verses before 34 are just as important for overstanding the
totality of it all. It points to a new order for man & woman , not
a carnal order but a higher righteous order in the midst of de
Almighty.

Yea there is an order from judeo-christian teachings biblically stressing one man to one woman >>.<< Gen 2:23-25 "23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

We all have to give answer to the Almighty for the things we do - say - and what we put our spirit/soul into

Hope that de I get the fullness of I&I response to the I question.

Bless
In Everything Let JAH Be Praised

Messenger: dembele Sent: 8/14/2024 5:08:17 AM

Yes let me tell you i live completely under jah and let me tell you i gave woman like you couldn,t even imagine i am married and i gave a child with her and i also have a baby in la matanza by a woman i don,t even know very well and let me tell you i have A LOT OF WOMAN following me and my wife is a drinker and she got an ugly beer belly let me tell you i am married to her because of stupid brexit but let me tell you i have A LOT OF WOMAN THAT WANTS ME let me tell you us black man are a piece of jewerly to the tinerfenians let me tell you WE ARE LEADING EVERYTHING HERE so yes you can have ALL THE WOMAN YOU LIKE and you know why it,s because we are JAH,S CHOSEN PEOPLE so we need to put out a lot of black babies out there in order to conquer the world man let me tell you WE ARE GONNA BE IN FULL CONTROL cause jack pdicey is coming to fix up the hill so we can go to mount zion and ring the world

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I