Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7831&start_row=1

Need Tips for being a white rasta

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: PraiseJAH Sent: 5/26/2023 1:17:35 PM

SHALAM! i would like to know how to practice rastafari as a white person without butchering or bastardizing the HIM's teaching.

i and i give much thanks and blessings.

Messenger: dembele Sent: 5/27/2023 7:01:22 AM

White people CANNOT BE RASTA
White people are the creation of Lucifer and may NEVER become one of Jah,s children.
So don,t practice Rastafarian.
I know
I have contact with Jah himself.
He talks to me.
So GO AWAY

Messenger: PraiseJAH Sent: 5/27/2023 4:38:49 PM

1) Lucifer cannot create because he is not god. Only jah can create like that.

2) jah made all people. He loves all people. Jah is love so he hate no one.

I hope you abandon your hate and the light of love. I hope jah blesses you!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/27/2023 4:55:38 PM

Jus be ya self. Live natural and praise the allmighy.

Live clean and let your works been seen.

Actions and livity speak louder then words like "rasta"

White and black, these are illusions with many shades of grey

Nature is not segregated it is intetconnected and one living being one love. That is rasta... beyond opinion and conceptual reasoning

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 5/28/2023 10:32:44 AM

Blessed Love Idren

Give thanks Ras Jesse for the I's input

Bless Up PraiseJAH

I will try to answer the I’s post without too much rambling or nitpicking. Give thanks for speaking up on this forum.

A few key points I would like to address: Rastafari is a livity and not a religion so InI make conscious choices in one’s life to live a Rastafari Livity, it is not practiced. It unfolds as InI trod this path and one maintains a level of responsibility when making these conscious choices of how to live, opposed to one who decides to convert and practice a religion.

For I, Rastafari is all about learning and bettering I self as a student of HIM Haile Selassie I. I have come a long way and recognize I have a long way to go, itinually!

Another thing to overstand is there is no such thing as a “white rasta”. One lives a Rastafari Livity or one does not. This is not the same thing as saying color doesn’t matter or InI don’t see race.

In the eyes of the Most High and the constructs of nature, there is no difference among humans of different skin colors. However, InI actively live in today’s world and babylon has constructed race to have an incredibly large impact on humanity’s past, and how society operates today. These things have to be recognized and studied and learned about so InI can effectively dismantle the racial constructs of babylon. This is going to take lots of hard work and conscious effort, but InI are capable with HIM Haile Selassie I’s guidance.

Rastafari is a movement for Black Liberation and always will be. This is a foundation of Rastafari. As more and more people come to the table in these times from all different walks and colors, InI need to heed HIM Hailie Selassie I’s words that there needs to be justice for Black people before InI can move peacefully into the future. I would say the responsibility to learn about systemic racism and work to dismantle it increases for people of european descent, especially if they choose to live in a way to honor HIM Haile Selassie I’s words and works.

I favorite way to learn about HIM Haile Selassie I is to read HIM’s words from the book “Selected Speeches of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I” There are free copies of this book on the internet. I was lucky enough to purchase a paper copy when it was being printed. I found a pdf version here:

https://lojs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Selected-Speeches-of-Haile-Selassie-I-LOJSociety-Published-Books.pdf

While studying these words it will be easy to see one can honor HIM Haile Selassie I’s teaching regardless of one’s color of skin.

There are a lot of good discussions and reasonings on this forum, and I have found it is a good place to reason with Idren when InI can make time in InI busy lives.

I hope for strength and good works in the I’s trod.

HIM Haile Selassie I & Empress Menen I Love

Messenger: PraiseJAH Sent: 5/28/2023 2:34:50 PM

Many thanks for your wisdom.

Messenger: PraiseJAH Sent: 5/28/2023 2:36:56 PM

Much thanks for your wisdom. It'll be very helpful. Thank you for the link as well. I wasn't wasn't sure where to find HIM Haile sellasie I's words.

Messenger: dembele Sent: 5/29/2023 6:46:27 AM

Lucifer is contolling the earth (BABYLON).
White people CONTROL THE EARTH.
Rastafari is about us blacks livin our life
OUR WAY and free of white people.
So how can WHITE PEOPLE be Rasta?

Messenger: PraiseJAH Sent: 5/30/2023 9:22:44 AM

Thus saith the LORD: "for G-D so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten son that WHOSOEVER believeth in him may have eternal life". The word of the the LORD

HIM came for ALL people. Yes rastafari's main interest is in black liberation (which i fully support) but all can come to jah. Also since i realized i wasn't clear. I shouldn't have worded like i am a white man. I am what you would call Navajo. An indigenous person of the Americas. Out of curiosity, How do you feel about us?

Messenger: PraiseJAH Sent: 5/30/2023 9:24:34 AM

I am deeply sorry for my deceitful wording, please forgive me. I should have said non-black

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I