Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7817&start_row=1

Roots Time

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/17/2023 9:42:12 PM

Just watch this movie with I Kingman first night... super funny, good one, recommend it for sure:

Roots Time

Lion and I both agree this one should be more well known! Fulljoy Iyahs
More Love

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/17/2023 11:40:31 PM

blessed love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/19/2023 10:10:52 AM

This is a well known classic Rastafari film among Jamaicans
RIP Wilton Harrison aka JAH BULL mr fukkeries a gwan, a legendary 80s reggae vocalist and chanter with an unmistakable wit to his character which reflects well in the film and the riddim below
When he stops the car middle of the road and not let the truck pass LOL. Big belly laughs with this one a one we will always forward back to
I’d say this movie captures Jamaican COUNTRI lifestyle excellent

It’s much older but if you want more laughs maybe Hotel Orange next

Bless up Jah Child

Jah Bull

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/19/2023 7:06:21 PM

Greetings RasTafariWork, greetings Garveys Afrika, love to the I's

Give thankhs Iyah for the suggestion
Hotel Orange I didn't find.. was it Smile Orange?

Hahaha yes the truck block and he pull out his chalice. And I loved how every story he told, Baboo doesn't believe - all the while they are broadcasting their debate 😂;

My favorite film is Rockers because the music just can't be beat, but this one is hilarious, probably now my 2nd favorite.

Selassie I Love Idren

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/21/2023 11:10:47 AM

We watched Smile Orange yesterday, funny for sure, my Kingman had seen that one already but it was my first time. I thought Roots Time was better still, also Smile Orange was funny in a more raunchy way, Roots Time was a more clean humor, situational humor, less dirty jokes.
Give thankhs for the recommendation still, always need more comedy in my life. More Love Rasta

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/21/2023 11:12:31 AM

Smile Orange

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/17/2023 11:34:10 PM

Thank you for the correction and yes it was Smile Orange the humour is different but the lead has to be my favourite Rastafari actor. Glad you and the brethren enjoyed. I enjoy these movies more than the likes of countryman or some of the more modern movies for sure. Blessed Love JahChild

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/23/2023 4:51:38 AM

Counyry Man is a big movie too. More on the natural mystic side than comedy and music.

Wah do Them is a movie about a american kid traveling into the heart of Jamacia, abandoning his guided tour cruise group and immersing in JA with Jamaicans . Excellent scene with the Congos in it.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I