Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=776&start_row=11

Missing Books

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/20/2005 8:00:41 AM

I got a question to a different scripture, called "the testament of the 12 tribes of israel":

www.carookee.com/forum/Dakika-Esrael/depot/14811/457581 (first log in)

what infos that concern this scripture can you give ?
can it be taken seriously ?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2005 1:03:45 AM

I don't know about that book.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/21/2005 10:29:36 AM

Yes, Ras, I would suggest also reading all the things that the Catholics consider "heretical" These books are being intentionally kept from us. For what reason, I do not fully know. There must be a reason, however, that these "heretical" books are so hard to find. So, I am eventually going to have a small library (when funds permit) and heve in it everything from EOC Bible, Kebra and Fetha Nagast, The Key of Solomon, The Nostic Teachings, Gospel of Mary, etc... Anything I hear that the "church" considers "evil"--these are the things I want to read.

Now, don't misunderstand me.. I do not follow just anything that is non-Catholic... but I would like to educate I-self on all things, not just what people say is ok for me to know. The Roman Catholic Church seems to exist only to keep people from learning the truth. They preach sickening things, about "Jesus" -a made up name -and lead people away from who this Man truely is. They make this so-called "Jesus" to be this all-powerful god... But they are not even praising the Biblical Messiah, instead they praise a white man with brown hair and blue eyes (the picture of a former Roman Poop) and more so, they glorify His death on a cross... Why do they pick the name "Jesus" if we know it was more like "Yeshweh"? Names do not translate, you know? "Ras Tafari" is not an english name, but it is pronounced "Ras Tafari" in english, spanish, japanese, etc.... Why is thier symbol a cross (and dead man on it) when, for example, Yeshweh used a fish symbol to represent life? Could they not think of anything better than a cross (which is similar to a guillotene -pardon the spelling - or a gun, or electric chair) They could not use a symbol to glorify His life?

I am going off on a tangent... My advice on the subject at hand: educate the I-selfs... Learn to overstand what they want you to understand, get me? Accept no limits as to what you read and learn.. but make sure you ask Jah for help and guidance, as it is needed to OVERstand things. Without Jah guidance, this knowledge will become confusing and cluttered in ones mind.

I hope my ramble was helpful to someone, in some way.

Respect and Love
--------Selassie I-------

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/23/2005 10:53:59 PM

Greetings Nyah Japhet

I have not been avoiding an answer, just suffering from historical scholarship burnout! Have been studiously working on my final paper to graduate and so my mind is done for a while. :-) I agree that Rome was not the head of the Church as yet, but it might be safe to say that the Roman Christian community had a big hand in the making of proto-orthodoxy Iterpretation of the Christ story. This can be evidenced by the writings of Clement of Rome, who writes to the Church in Antioch, heavily suggesting his way of how things out to be. You stated that it is obvious why certain gospels were not put in the Bible. Is this because they do not appeal to your Iterpretation of what it is all supposed to be about? I just feel that there were many, many different Christianities during that time, and maybe the reason these other gospels do not sit well with you when you read them is because of the version that was made into Orthodoxy and handed down to us for centuries and has influenced you into thinking some are more appropriate than others?

The Ebionites were strict Jewish Christians, headed by no less than the Lord's brother James. They very strongly disagreed with Paul and were vegetarians who abhored Temple sacrifice. They also abhorred the whole pagan-influenced concept of a man being JAH, so therefore they saw Yshua as the Messiah, not some Christ-God-Man of Paul's theology. This to I, is more pure Yshua Way.

As it was back then, so it is now. Many different Iterpretations, each according to their own Inner I.

JAH BLESS Nyah
Jeff

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/23/2005 10:54:45 PM

Bredda Alex

The Didache, or 'Teaching of the Twelve Apostles'

Written before any of the Gospels. Check it.

JAH BLESS
Jeff

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/23/2005 10:57:18 PM

Yes I Dr. Binghi

Truth.

JAH BLESS
Jeff

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/24/2005 2:12:01 PM

Ises

I did not say that I am against the other ways of anciant christianity, I just say, that I read all the NT apocryphes and about their background and found out, that they can't be historically evidenced at all. Except maybe Thomas, but this is also a problem because of the short passages without a context.
I am shure that there were many other trustful writings of ancient christians, but those still known today as NT apocryphes aren't. All of them can be historically denied, when I think about the stories of Mary and others in them.

I never heard about this Teachings of the twelve Apostels, I always thought the biblical books are the oldest still known about Yeshuah. But I read them in german, so maybe it is just different called?

Selah

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I