Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=776&start_row=1

Missing Books

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 4/16/2005 12:59:07 PM

Greetings in JAH-JAH Holy name:
I just wanted to ask the bredren about the missing, or rather hidden scripture. I am aware of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the books of Maccabee, but are there others? I also read that the Genesis InI have now is not the whole Genesis. I beieve that InI should not only study the Holy Book the Bible InI have now, but should try to uncover what Babylon has tried so hard to hide from InI. InI must make sure that InI have the WHOLE truth, not just the truth that Babylon feels comforable with InI having. Praises to JAH!

Ras Natty_Lion
Natty Now and For Iver
JAH Ras TafarI

Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 4/16/2005 1:01:30 PM

I mean to say Hidden, mot missing Books.

Peace, Love, Inity.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/17/2005 5:24:47 AM

Ightes

Try to get those books which are in the EOC bible but not in the western ones, like Henoch etc. Also the Kebra Nagast is important.
But don't get trapped by the socalled NT-apocryphes! Most of them can't be trust!

Selah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/17/2005 12:12:53 PM

Greetings Natty Lion

The Bible compilation process took place over a couple of hundred years from 200 CE to about 400 CE, around the time Rome became officially Christian. These are also the times for the establishment of orthodoxy within Christianity, these creeds being established in the seven councils that took place. Due to this very political process, those Christians that were not in agreement with the developing orthodoxy were branded as heretics and their gospels and teachings were banned. You see, from the very beginning of the Yshua Movement, there were many variations and interpretations of the Christ story. Each community used a certain gospel, so, say, the Thomas Christians of Egypt would be more inclined to stick to the Gospel of Thomas, or the Hebrew community in Yerusalem would be more inclined to the Gospel of Matthew. It wasn't until much later that we have any kind of reference to a collected Bible, and the earliest recorded list mentions a few books that are not in it now, such as the Shepard of Hermes, and it also did not include the Book of Revelations. Gospels such as the Gospel of the Ebionites (a strict Hebrew Christian sect), the Gospel of Mary, etc. never made the final cut in the 400's. Of course, the whole historical process is much more complicated and messy, so this is just a general summary of events.

Here is a web site of Early Christian writings...

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

You should also buy 'The Other Bible', Edited by William Barnstone (Harper San Fransisco, 1984)

"Had Alexandria triumphed and not Rome, the extravagant and muddled stories that I have summarized here would be coherent, majestic, and perfectly ordinary." - Jorge Luis Borges (on the Gnostic Gospels)

JAH BLESS
Jeff

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/17/2005 12:26:50 PM

Also, 'Lost Christianities: The Battle For Scripture and the Faiths We Never Knew' as well as 'Lost Scriptures' both by Bart D. Ehrman (Oxford University Press, 2003)

There is a growing field in the scholarly study of Early Christianity, as new archeological evidence and new scriptures come to light. Lots of great books to read on the subject.

JAH BLESS
Jeff

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/17/2005 12:56:13 PM

Ises

But one must keep in mind, that at the time of the canonization Rome wasn't yet the head of all christianity. At this time it had power competition wtih the other patriachats, like antioch and alexandria. That is why they all had to agree on a canon, and not one dictated it.
Many like the stories about how Romans changed the bible, but from historian view I do not see a reason to believe this. Yes there were other christian literature which was not put into the bible, but I read those and I see the reason. When you check the christian literature, those in the bible are the oldest and best proofed, the socalled NT apocrypha are much older(except Thomas) and are not trustworth at all!
Of course there are old testament apocryphes which are important, but I read those NT ones, and I just can say, it is obvious why they weren't put into the canon.

Selah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/17/2005 1:13:56 PM

Greetings Nyah

Ises

I am going to work right now, so will take some time to read and respond later today.

Give Thanks for the Reasonings. I disagree on some points, but will explain later.

Respect
JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 4/17/2005 8:06:16 PM

Greetings,
Seen! I appreciate all the feedback from the bredren here.

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD.
Isaiah 1:18
JAH Ras TafarI

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/18/2005 8:45:40 AM

Ises

Of course I meant, that the NT Books are much older than the NT apocryphes! Sorry...

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/18/2005 2:00:18 PM

It's not so specifiaclly the changing of the words, but rather misinterpreting semitic language. When the Indo Europeans made the translation, they misinterpreted. This is why we see what we see today in churches.

Blessed
Ras Zion I

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I