Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=769&start_row=1

Pop Music - Babylon Propaganda

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/11/2005 10:32:06 PM

Pop music is used to make sure that babylon's youth don't think too much about the things that are going on in the earth. They don't want their youth to start realizing the injustice of their system and become "brainwashed" into wanting to change it.

They teach their youth the things that they want them to know through television and the schools. From when they are young until they enter adulthood, the schools define the values of their foreparents. Even promoting some of their wickedness as something good and intelligent.

Babylon is not interested in outside influences opening the eyes of their children. So they promote mindless music that doesn't teach, reveal or challenge. The music just speaks of things like superficial relationships, partying and a lot of musical rhymes that hardly even have a subject. The music also keeps their youth's mind on sex, so that they don't have the desire to think about much else, except for what small talk to say, or maybe the tests and projects they need to complete in school.

The few artists that are considered pop but don't fit this criteria are allowed exceptions. The music industry uses these to give the appearence that they promote "all" kinds of music. Sometimes this backfires on them, but they soon correct it with the flooding of the airways with more mindless music.

Gangsta Rap - Babylon Propaganda

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/12/2005 9:01:05 PM

Yes I! The music industry is complete brainwash propaganda. Have you seen those bags of potato chips with the rappers on the front of the bag? What kinda of stuff is that? Capitalism has gone nutz.

Blessed Ras

Ras Zion I

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/12/2005 11:33:34 PM

Greetings Ark I

I listen to Hardknock radio on KPFA outta 'Beserkely', Ca. and they have made a very impressive effort to promote conscious hip hop and conscious hip hop culture. Artists like Michael Franti and KRS1 are creating a whole underground conscious hip hop movement that flys in the face of babylon corporate radio.

Give Thanks for the post.

JAH LOVE
Jeff

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 4/13/2005 11:23:24 AM

Greetings,

Babylon music is designed to capture the youths..... just recently i heard on the new they are calling on all the rappers to bring a greater amounts of youths into there churches because they know that kind of music greatly influences the youths minds.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/13/2005 1:51:11 PM

Michael Franti is great. So is Ben Harper, Common and Mos Def. Good music spreads though friends, not the radio. Some radio stations are ok, but most are just a form of Babylon system mind control. Especially bad are the commercials. TV is just as bad, if not even worse. Not only do you have sound, but you have sight too - grabbing two of your senses.

We must teach our children about positive music. My wife is pregnant and I will play Bob Marley to our little girl constantly!

Jah Love
Matthew

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I