Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7645&start_row=1

Haile Selassie I's Grandson Supports Voting

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/29/2022 8:04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jessep86, Give thanks:

The Crown Council of Ethiopia released a statement entitled “Taking Hope in Our New Year and New Beginnings” over inauguration of new government under the leadership of PM Abiy. The full statement is featured below :

Crown Council of Ethiopia
Taking Hope in Our New Year and New Beginnings

A Statement from His Imperial Highness Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie Haile-Selassie, President of the Crown Council of Ethiopia, as Ethiopia Marks a New Government and a New Year

October 4, 2021 / 24 መ;;;ስ;;;ከ;;;ረ;;;ም;;; 2014

His Imperial Highness Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie Haile-Selassie, President of the Crown Council of Ethiopia, in sending heartfelt greetings for the New Year (Sep, 11th) of 2014 (2021) which Ethiopians recently celebrated, has asked for reflection on the creation today of the nation’s new Government.

He noted: “Ethiopians did their duty on June 21, 2021 (14 ሰ;;;ኔ;;; 2013) and voted in national elections, the first structural move toward democracy since the coup almost five decades ago against the Emperor moved us from the path of progress. Today, even as the nation suffers from drought and the tragedies of communal fighting, made worse by grave international interference, we have brought forth a new Government which more closely mirrors the public will.”

“As with all governments in all democratic societies, there are challenges and there are those who did not see the results they wanted. But we have seen our nation, which has so many more regional and other unique facets than most societies, move along the path of accepting a process whereby we can see the will of the majority reflected and we can see a path for future peaceful changes through the ballot box.”

He continued: “As I noted when the Crown Council urged Ethiopians to participate in the elections, we have endured so much since the coup which occurred 47 years ago, and we cannot afford to allow our beloved Ethiopian family to fall into even worse suffering and ignominy. I asked us all to come back together because there was no other way for us to rebuild the greatness of purpose which has guided us for more than three millennia.”

“Today, as our New Year of 2014 shows its early light, we have indeed moved forward, despite what, to the outside world, must seem like overwhelming odds. We must take heart in this. We can now see that our future is coming back into our hands. We must welcome the reality that we have a newly-elected Government sworn into office, and give the Prime Minister and Government the support and space to do what they have been elected to do.”

Prince Ermias concluded: “Let me repeat what I said earlier; that the Crown Council offers all of its services to help resolve the disputes over the future management of our great Nile River which Ethiopians truly see as a resource for humanity over which they have been given great responsibility. This is, in fact, an issue which we can see as the cornerstone of a Grand Bargain, worthy of an Emperor Haile Selassie or an Anwar as-Sadat, to bring prosperity to our entire region.”

“Again, my fellow Ethiopians: Congratulations on creating our new Government. We can take great hope and pride in this first step. We are Ethiopian and proud of our great history. God Bless You in this New Year. God Bless Ethiopia.”

source:
https://borkena.com/2021/10/04/taking-hope-in-our-new-year-and-new-beginnings/

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/30/2022 12:36:03 AM

We should support a direct real democracy where our rights and freedoms cannot be taken away from us. That is what InI fully agree with and support, even if we are ruled by a king, the king should still allow InI to have freedom and human rights. Blessed

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/31/2022 12:32:25 PM

You can't have democracy and a king. The reason is in the name.

democracy comes from the greek demos, which means the people, and kratia, meaning power or rule.

So either the king has the power or the people do. If the people have a king who rules then his minority simply trumps their majority. That's not democracy.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2022 10:07:39 PM

Haile Selassie I is I King and only true recognisable authority

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/31/2022 10:59:37 PM

Blessed Love Idren

I thought according to the constitution HIM setup for Ithiopia there was some sort of democratic representation for governors of provinces or something.

Also england is supposed to be a democracy but with a king/queen figurehead, so couldnt it be possible to have a King and "democracy"? Not saying look to england, saying why is it legitimate when they do it but not HIM Haile Selassie I? Wasn't trying to go here with this reasoning session but not trying to shy away either.

HIM Haile Selassie I Know

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/1/2022 4:24:39 PM

Yes, but in order to have a democracy the king/queen cannot rule. That's what I was trying to say.

The queen of England is still insanely wealthy and has the respect of royalty and all that but honestly the royal family has no real power. So people only care about them the same way they do celebrities.

If it was Selassie I think we would all want him to rule. But without him, what would be the point of even having a figurehead? A rich family just have celebrity status?

Now... you can have a "representative democracy" and the "king" could basically be the chief executive.

That's not really a "king" but... conceivably you could have a co-equal branch of government, an executive branch, that has an unelected chief executive that you call king but is responsible for enforcing the democratic will of the people.

That's possible.

Is that the best? No.

When the person running things doesn't have to be voted on then they don't actually have to have the necessary credentials. I'm saying that but I'm also wrong because... well... Donald Trump. He certainly didn't have the right credentials but had enough money and influence to get the votes in spite of his ineptitude.

Now... what if the princes of the king had to go through mandatory rigorous training and only after completion were they then qualified to take over as head of state?

mmmm... I think that could work.

Especially if there was more than one in contention and they had to compete against each other in a series of tests.

This way you don't waste tons of money on elections and at the same time you know you're getting someone trained and qualified from childhood.

Hmmm... I actually like that. It could work.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I