Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7639&start_row=1

Corporations

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/16/2022 9:13:04 PM

Blessed Love

Sounds like InI might finally have something to agree on.

How do corporations affect InI lives personally?

Are there ways InI can use nonviolent means to dismantle the corporations moving towards global domination?

For I man as a self employed craftsman in a "developed" country, I man negatively affected by corporations mainly in the economic sense. Neighbors and travelers who might require I man services often question I man worth, and will question the amount of the bill. Because corporations can outsource labor to "undeveloped" countries with questionable labor laws, people expect to buy things for a much cheaper expense than what it costs for I man to make it.

In amerikkka, more and more I man seeing how laws concerning all sorts of things like labor and property ownership and taxes and environmental protection and "saftey" and on and on, are changing to favor corporations and take the responsibility for paying for their mistakes away from the corporations and put it onto the backs of InI.

Can InI reason about InI real life Ispective on these things?

Haile Selassie I Love

Messenger: seestem Sent: 3/17/2022 10:21:13 AM

Greetings in Jah Jah holy name RastafarI.

> Are there ways InI can use nonviolent means to dismantle the corporations moving towards global domination?

InI think that because the babylon dragon of capitalism has embedded itself in almost all aspects of our day to day lives. InI think there is very little an individual can do at this point, even if InI moves to the mountains the dragon is bound to show up because of it's greed.

This will take a coordinated effort, where InI come together and stop supporting the beast.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/17/2022 10:14:46 PM

Seen I

However InI should not despair and realize that little actions from an individual do count and add up.

Some things I man do to fight corporations:

I man look for opportunities to do work trade with other people who grow or make or build things I need to survive

I take great lengths to find out the country of origin of a product I buy. Ideally I man can find one made in a country that has strict labor laws. This sends a message that I man support companies that make products with at least some sort of labor law protection. For I man specific profession, some of the consumables are only available from less reputable sources, but where I have the option, I will pay more for the products that are made legally. I realize that is a privilege I man blessed to be able to do, but many who are capable of doing that dont seem to care.

As far as the big corporations that InI know are bad, I avoid them as much as possible, even at the expense of cost. Especially in terms of convenience, InI should be careful of bowing to corporate influence. I man have not paid a cent to amazombie.com for years. Period. If it is available from somewhere else, get it through that.

I man deleted every social media account I man had. Still have I man g-malo account which is a mistake I man cant wait to correct, but I man will. I still use facespace’s whazzzapp to speak to Idren in other locations.

Even with I man modest wages, I man can account for thousands of dollars that corporations didnt get last year. And I man only one.

Yes I a coordinated effort would be better

HIM Haile Selassie I Guide and Protect

Messenger: seestem Sent: 3/18/2022 12:22:47 AM

Well put Iyah. InI give thanks.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/18/2022 1:54:34 PM

My answer on this matter will be honest but will not be popular.

You have to look at individuals like individual cells.

You have to look at corporations as "organs" made up of cells.

In the same way that a single cell is controlled by its nucleus so is your individual body controlled by your mind, and so is a corporation controlled by its executives and board of directors.

The executives are a minority and therefore selected from the minority elite class of society. The executives also have the directive of bowing to the will of the investors. So it is their job, as a corporation, not to create jobs or provide customers with valuable products and services, but rather to make money for their investors.

So now, understanding this... while it is popular to blame the corporations it is not that simple and the truth is that tons of hardworking middle-class people are the investors (many via 401k programs and other retirement programs offered through their job) in conjunction with the upper class of rich and wealthy individuals.

But this is why corporations are empowered politically. It's not just because the corporation can influence politics through donations. It is also because they are supported by both upper and middle classes whose money is tied up in the stock market. And typically the people who don't have their money in the stock market are the lower class.

So here's the deal...

If you don't invest in the stock market you will lose in this system because the system works for the investors. And the system claims this is fair because anyone can invest, including the working class. Therefore, as corporations demolish other companies (or simply buy and assimilate them), this benefits their shareholders. If the average middle-class investor is increasing wealth because of this, even if the cost of those products and services increases, these people are somewhat insulated because they're building wealth at the same time as they're losing it. The more money they can save in that process, and the less they spend, the less they are impacted.

And if they can use their investments to pay down debt or acquire assets that create passive income... then this increases their credit rating which lowers their cost of living relative to the poor. It is very expensive to live if you are poor. It is far cheaper to live if you're rich.

So I say all this to say that the corporation itself is not necessarily the enemy because everyone can technically get on that train and benefit. However, failure to get on board means other people are benefitting while you are simply getting left behind in ways that redistribute more of your wealth to people who are investors. And that doesn't have to simply be the rich guy who lives far away from you. It could be your next-door neighbor.

Black people MUST get savvy when it comes to credit and investing. I have seen a bit of a change in this with some of the youth. They understand more because many financial secrets are getting traded on tiktok and youtube. It's the older generation, their parents, who don't get it because we weren't taught to invest. We were taught to work. Therefore we were taught a ratio of 1:1 where investing means that your time in work can continue to produce money, even after you stop working.

Imagine if your body had no mechanism to store energy as fat and you could only move as long as you were eating? That would be horrible and unsustainable. You couldn't even hunt without constantly putting food in your mouth.

As we grow, we innovate, and as we innovate we get more efficient. We sometimes label these efficiencies as "Evil" because everyone doesn't equally benefit and everyone doesn't equally adapt. That's the reason what I have to say won't be popular but it will be true.

There's no need to go against the current of time. Flow with it. Invest. You don't have to invest in the same corporations as everyone else. But invest in something profitable that you believe in. The more people invest the more corporations must work for them; their investors. They will never cease to be corporations just because they can't make everyone rich or happy. No one can ever make everyone happy or fulfilled.

The nucleus of the cell contains the DNA that tells that cell what to be and what to do. The more that the nucleus of the cell reflects you, the more the organ will also have DNA that is compatible with you. If we isolate ourselves from all these things, they will simply reflect the DNA of our adversaries and opponents. The more we integrate ourselves into this DNA, the more it must reflect who we are and our values. And investors have 'standing' to sue the companies they invest in more so than anyone else who is indirectly hurt by that corporation.

The best way to beat a corporation is not to be against corporations. The best way to beat a corporation is to create a better corporation. And when we have black corporations that unapologetically serve black communities, and plenty of African corporations that serve African countries, leaving no room for globalist domination, that is when we will win.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/18/2022 2:39:38 PM

Bombaclat Neo-Nazi IPXninja

Messenger: seestem Sent: 3/18/2022 4:02:32 PM

IPXninja

InI give thanks for the great dissection of the internal organs of the babylon beast.

But InI think there should be a limit to the size of a business. Corporations are too big, billionaires should not exist because in capitalism you are rich because someone else is poor, billions in banks while people are starving.

And non of these systems are natural, they are just arbitrary constructs by men, the world can try out different ways to organize the economy.

We can find all kinds of excuses for hyper capitalism but it is not sustainable, fair or even ethical.

But if the I is talking about offence against babylon than starting counter corporations Marcus Garvey style (InI getting visions of the Black Star liner sailing the Atlantic) is an interesting idea that Iman has also thought about, but InI fear to loose Iself in the belly of the beast.

Give thanks
Haile I Mennen I

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/18/2022 6:28:23 PM

every corporation isn't owned by a billionaire. Billionaires are pretty rare.

Billionaires exist because they often simply re-invest and re-invest, with compounding interest.

To some extent, I agree with you. However, corporations are organisms that evolve and the purpose of each one is different. I am a big fan of Tesla's mission. However, it would have not been successful without the infusion of Elon's personal wealth that he made from starting and selling PayPal. And without competition with Tesla (competition also being positive in capitalism), chances are less likely that other car companies would now be releasing so many electric vehicles. Remember, that they had the capability of putting EVs out decades ago but they purposefully sabotaged them by making them ugly so that people would choose their gas-guzzling models instead. So the greed of these existing corporations created a shield that could only be overcome by a new player with deep pockets.

Elon Musk isn't really greedy. It's more like he's cautious and wants to make sure he has enough money to see all of the projects he's passionate about through. For instance, he announced $100 million dollars as a prize for teams that are working on scalable mechanisms to remove carbon from the atmosphere. Again... competition. Now, this kind of thing is what governments should be doing in order to solve the world's problems. Between Tesla, SpaceX, Solar City, and The Boring Company, you can see why Tony Stark was based on Elon Musk and how some of these projects could be absolutely critical to mankind.

SpaceX, for example, is also launching global satellites to provide affordable internet service to Africa as well as the rest of the world. But if you look at the locations of AWS servers... unless there has been a dramatic change, you'll see that these locations show discrimination against Africa. Africa has very modern cities just like cities in the US. So why are companies overlooking them?

And with Solar energy... not only is it clean energy, but as the price keeps coming down it means that even poor people will be able to cut their energy costs significantly, helping them to have better lives. Elon has also talked about UBI (universal basic income) because technology is going to continue to impact the workforce. With UBI, poverty could be irradicated and crime would drop dramatically because every human's basic need would be met.

But these things cannot happen without corporations.

A mom-and-pop store could never operate on a level where it is able to generate so much profit that it could reinvest that profit in ways that would create such massive and innovative changes or direct donations to charity.

But charitable donations aren't super simple if you're talking about billions. Even though Musk has given over $280 million to charity over his lifetime, it pales in comparison to the $6 Billion that Musk said he would donate to the World Food Programme if they could describe exactly how $6B will solve world hunger. This shows that a lot of wealthy people have reservations about giving to charities other people manage because wealthy people often use charities as a scam. They collect donations but scrape a lot of money off the top in "operating expenses".

According to one report, a new SEC filing shows that Elon Musk transferred 5 million shares of Tesla to "charity". That, at the time, was worth about $5.7 billion. That is very close to the amount of the challenge in that tweet. So it's like... the money is there to solve the problem if they can handle the money and actually do it. Again... governments aren't doing this and even if we took up a collection, we wouldn't come close to doing it.

So does that mean all billionaires are good? No. But it does mean that billionaires have enough "disposable income" to change the world in ways the rest of us can't. And a lot of them donate huge amounts of money as they get older because it's not like they can take it with them. Why do they wait so long? Well because of 2 things. It's their money. And it's not their singular responsibility to solve all the world's problems.

What percentage of my income goes to charity? What percentage of yours? I'm not at the point yet where I can freely give money because I'm in debt like most people. Until then, a portion of my money automatically goes to the poor in the form of taxes.

Now what's the solution? Steal from the rich and give to the poor? No. UBI? Maybe. But also, equal access to education... social welfare programs like health insurance... if people don't have to work in order to have money are we absolutely sure that most people wouldn't choose a life of leisure while only a handful of people chose to work? And those who choose to work hate the idea of their tax dollars going to support people who choose not to work; who take advantage of the system. Because, at least in the US, the system does give out incredible amounts of money to the poor. It simply isn't enough and many of the people who receive government welfare do abuse it and become dependent on it. So the government tried to make it so they can only use that money to buy food and necessary grocery items. But guess what? People sell those cards to other people who need to buy groceries but who also have jobs. They get the groceries at a discount because they are buying the free money from the government. And the person who actually got the money from the government converts this into cash.

So there has to be a fair and equitable system that helps the poor to get to a position where they can take care of themselves without making them dependent and without letting them starve if they fail. It's one thing for the system to be stingy. But it's another thing for people to take advantage of it because ultimately, it's NOT the government's money. That money belongs to the working class who pay taxes.

Messenger: seestem Sent: 3/18/2022 8:31:23 PM

The thing is that most of the problems the billionaire is "solving" is caused by other billionaires/corporations. Every innovation that is bad today was one's regarded as good.

No InI should not stop innovating but InI should stop putting innovation and competition together because innovation that arises from competition/capitalism is driven by greed and not the needs of the people/earth. There was innovation before capitalism. These "innovations" under capitalism can literally destroy the planet, it is not worth it. Corporations are the heart of the babylon beast, governments are obsolete.

Give thanks
Haile I Mennen I

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/19/2022 1:16:26 AM

Yes Iyah seestem!

Empress Menen I & Haile Selassie I Love

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I