Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7638&start_row=1

The Zodiac, is out of date

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/16/2022 1:08:18 AM

from another thread....

The Zodiac as reported in the modern era is NOT the same Zodiac during ancient times. If you follow the modern Zodiac you have given yourself the WRONG zodiac sign. This also means Haile Selassie isnt a Judah (based on constellation alone) which may be problematic for some but not I. This is all due to a process called the Procession of the Equinoxes which means the constellations move slowly from their 'rest' positions around a 26000 year complete cycle. (26000 divided by 12 zodiacs = 2100) This means for every 2100 years of history, the Zodiac 'moves' by one Constellation. Meaning who was a Judah/Leo of 2100 years ago would now actually a Gemini if born with the same birth date (month and day) in the modern era.
I can reason more on this and show necessary receipts references and examples should anyone care.

As an Idrin who likes to study the heavens this was foundational for I.

bless up

Messenger: seestem Sent: 3/18/2022 6:07:44 PM

“The Ethiopians were the first who invented the science of stars, and gave names to the planets, not at random and without meaning, but descriptive of the qualities which they conceived them to possess; and it was from them that this art passed, still in an imperfect state, to the Egyptians. It was, then, on the borders of the upper Nile, among a black race of men, that was organized the complicated system of the worship of the stars, considered in relation to the productions of the earth and the labors of agriculture. Thus the Ethiopian of Thebes named stars of inundation, or Aquarius, those stars under which the Nile began to overflow; stars of the ox or bull, those under which they began to plow, stars of the lion, those under which that animal, driven from the desert by thirst, appeared on the banks of the Nile; stars of the sheaf, or of the harvest virgin,
those of the reaping season; stars of the lamb, stars of the two kids, those under which these precious animals were brought forth. Thus the same Ethiopian having observed that the return of the inundation always corresponded with the rising of a beautiful star which appeared towards the source of the Nile, and seemed to warn the husbandman against the coming waters, he compared this action to that of the animal who, by his barking, gives notice of danger, and he called this star the dog, the barker (Sirius). In the same manner he named the stars of the crab, those where the sun, having arrived at the tropic, retreated by a slow retrograde motion like the crab of Cancer. He named stars of the wild goat, or Capricorn, those where the sun, having reached the highest point in his annuary tract, imitates the goat, who delights to climb to the summit of the rocks. He named stars of the balance, or Libra, those where the days and nights being equal, seemed in equilibrium, like that instrument; and stars of the scorpion, those where certain periodical winds bring vapors, burning like the venom of the scorpion.”

- (Volney’s Ruins of Empires, pp. 120-122, New York, 1926)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/20/2022 2:05:53 AM

In 1926 scholars tended to refer to Ethiopia with the same frame of reference of Biblical Ethiopia, to mean, subsaharan Africa as a whole or Eastern Africa as a whole. Kush. Punt. All included. Buganda, Sudan, Congo, Ethiopia. All included...

Yes.

One would have to also account for the stellar alignment of the prehistoric megaliths at Stone Henge, Easter Island, Mexico, Nabta Playa, etc as coming from the science of the SAME Ethiopians, science which traversed the Earth long before recordable history began.

Selah

What I am explaining in this thread is the position of set constellations according to the corresponding time of the year (starting with what constellation can be viewed in the ecliptical plane at the spring equinox... This would have been pisces and is now the beginning of aquarius) meaning astrology as a whole is out of date..... For example, the Sun doesnt move into Leo until August time yet astrology will have it as June July but this is 2000 years out of date.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/20/2022 2:26:26 PM

Bless Up Iyah

I man have heard numerous instances of original Ethiopian science spanning world wide. I thought I remember hearing something about how Maya civilization suddenly became more skilled with stone building and carving around the same time Ethiopians started to use paper instead of only stone for writings, and that is maybe evidence of prehistoric peoples trading technologies. I know there are many others. Makes sense to me that since people been around, InI been interested to travel and see and share.

I man not too educated on the zodiac, but I have picked up things here and there. I overstood that HIM was considered the “Conquering Lion” because of his entrance at July 23, but I man didnt overstand that related to Judah as well? Were Israelite tribes related to birth zodiac? I thought that was more traced through lineage, but like I say I man not versed in these studies.

Is there an easy way to show what the more accurate dates would be for each zodiac? I man would be interested to see just to learn.

I man have used the zodiac sign of the moon relating to the few times Ive tried planting and for a few other instances related to fasting and such. It seems to make a difference. Would that also be out of date? Or is the daily moon zodiac accurate because it is not really tied with a Procession or Equinoxes and still revolving around the earth the same way it has been?

Give thanks Iyah for the knowledge.

HIM Haile Selassie I Bless InI Knowledge

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/24/2022 7:59:03 PM

You are correct iah, the Conquering Lion Of the tribe of Judah is a TITLE given to every Ethiopian King as Ethiopias national symbol is the Lion of Judah. To reference Judah is to mean this has a biblical root. Whether by means of Faith or whether through any direct lineage to Judah as a tribe of peoples

At the same time, ancient peoples have been observing the zodiac since creation. I dont know when this first happened but at some early point in israelite history they decided to correlate these 12 zodiacs to the 12 sons of Jacob. Something not too far fetched if one considers the multiple references to the sky and the heavens within the Bible.

But I am saying, by this astrological assessment, Haile Selassie would be a Gemini ie Levitical as the sun would be in that constellation at the date of his birth.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/26/2022 1:25:55 AM

The Twelve Tribes of Israel Rastafari often discard their western names and adopt names based off the 12 sons of Jacob and the corresponding Zodiac constellation the sun would be in at the time of your birth.

The easy way is to just convert your astrological sign to one of the sons of Jacob. And if you know Haile Selassie a Judah, it easy to workout the rest.

I forefathers come through TTI and so as a youthman this is how I adopted one of I early monikers. I was instructed to talk with I Uncle who had a higher standing within the infrastructure and overstanding of TTI as an elder. He always told I it wasn't so easy as there was more to consider such as changes with the Leap years and other factors to take into account such as Biblical interpretation to the order of Jacob sons....

Now I know the real thing to consider is the procession of the equinoxes. Which completely renders ALL of modern astrology as incorrect and out of date.

Priest Isaac has a good amount of information around the precession and why the modern astrological zodiac is wrong.

Mek I just say the 'Mysteries and Discoveries of Archaeoastronomy: From Pre-history to Easter Island: From Giza to Easter Island' Is one of I Favourite books,and recommended to all.

Messenger: seestem Sent: 3/29/2022 3:38:12 AM

Idren GARVEYS AFRICA

I an I give thanks to di I for sharing this information. I an I has always wanted to overstand what di Zodiac is all about and di I provided nuff info for Iman to start looking into.

Rastafari Lives!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2022 8:50:28 AM

Manners and respect brethren
One heart ah Love

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I