Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7600&start_row=11

A rasta Christmas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/25/2021 1:46:22 AM

Respect. I understand why many Ras don't get mixed up in most Western Holidays.

As for paganism, only those who don't have love for themselves and love for their neighbors as themselves are practicing paganism, in my opinion.

I, for myself wish to see CHRISTmas and Genna as Haile Selassie sees it, HIMSelf immersed in Tewahedo Christianity.
Respect
RasTafari

Dr. Hoffmann: Your Imperial Majesty, the birthday of Our Lord is observed by peoples throughout the world in different ways, I know, and I should like to ask You how You observe the feast of the nativity of our Lord within Your own family and household?

H.I.M.: The birth of Our Lord is a joyous family event. However, I do not only rejoice with my kindred and family since the whole Ethiopian nation is my family. I say this in the context of Christmas being observed by all churches in Ethiopia. I rejoice on this occasion also because of Jesus Christ being given for us. For He was born in the lowly place and got warmth by animals. This fact encourages us to celebrate it with joy.

When I have visited the five large continents, I have not been anywhere where there was not a church. All over the world I have come to know that the birth of Jesus Christ is celebrated.

Dr. Hoffmann: Your Imperial Majesty, as a figure of world importance and probably one of the best known man in the world today, I should like to ask You this question: What meaning can the birth of Christ have for the nations of the world today?

H.I.M.: As I said before, the birth of Christ is celebrated all over the world. When I say the whole world it does not mean that all people would observe it in the same manner. In all the places that I have visited, including the Muslims and the Buddhists, We have seen the observance. But for Christians it is an act conducted with love.

reference LINKS:
H.I.M. Qedamawi HAILE SELASSIE Christmas Interview with Dr Oswald Hoffman, 1968
https://youtu.be/a16CqBhq59I
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie_Christmas_Interview_with_Dr._Oswald_Hoffman

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2021 2:21:23 AM

Isis Jesse

"H.I.M.: The birth of Our Lord is a joyous family event"

ah July 23rd?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/25/2021 2:43:01 AM

Watch 6:29-12:20....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDgDpR7VXDo

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/5/2021 2:07:16 AM

https://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6725&start_row=1

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 12/28/2021 5:10:49 AM

I don't overstand this topic. You don't say: "bun christianity" You say: "Bun the pope"

You don't say: "Bun the Christ" You say: "Bun the blue-eyed misconception.

Why so many of the I's use the word: "Christmas"? "Bun christmas" ???!!

Nothing wrong with CHRISTmas. Only with the misconception of it. Very simple. Use the word with responsibility

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/29/2021 1:25:06 AM

I am surprised how some other rases are saying that Haile Selassie worshipped idols.
This is mind blowing reasoning and medz.

Some other rases like to say they burn the bible and all biblical characters are fictional tales and fables.

Does this mean Haile Selassie worshipped idols? Or is it no longer considered a sin now that these rases burn the bible?

According to Iman, Haile Selassie I never bow fi vanity and these rases better step up and style up. His majesty's livity is as honest as He could be and RasTafari never lived a lie, especially when he mentioned that he comes from the tribe of Judah and the seed of Solomon and David and Abraham.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 12/29/2021 5:02:31 PM

Bless Up Black Christ in Flesh,

Hope the I and family is happy and healthy.

I man see a big difference between believing what may be embellished or exaggerated stories about ancestors from the past, and worshipping idols. Haile Selassie I certainly never worshipped idols. Fashioning an object from wood or stone or paper and then saying it is the Most High Almighty? babylon does that. It is a sin no matter who does it, not to mention an ineffective method to communicate with the Most High.

I man sight some of the reasoning to burn the bible, as I think it is dangerous to interpret every word in the bible literally. As the I says, some rush through without finding the true meaning of the parables. I think the Rases who say burn the bible are having an equal and opposite reaction to the injustices that were done in its name. It is unfortunate that Christianity messed up so bad that it is happening that way, but I think ultimately it will make Rastafari stronger. If InI can see Haile Selassie I as earth’s rightful ruler without sighting the bible, I say more power to the Is.

Blessed Love

HIM Halie Selassie I Know

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/30/2021 12:19:27 AM

What I'm actually talking about is that burning the bible doesn't give anyone permission to ridicule and mock those who find their redemption in the bible. Haile Selassie is one who in his example as a king, gloried in the bible and asked Ethiopians to accept it's great message with a clear conscience.

These rases who burn the bible usually say that it is fictional tales and fables, but Iman don't sight how RAS TAFARI devoted his whole life to fables and fairy tales, to the extend of building churches and sending bishops overseas to teach of the holy scriptures. These rases like to label the king a movie star, regarding his participation in Christianity and his efforts in the world of Christians. That is why I like to say, no matter where some rases burn the bible and speak vainly of ancient biblical characters ( ancestors to be presise), this doesn't mean that the bible is false work. I and I don't label the king a pretender and a movie star regarding his involvement in Israelite History (tribe of Judah) and his participation in Christianity and HIS Raspect for the bible. The king H.I.M live an honest life and him never bow fi vanity and worship invented gods of the earth. This is my major point and reasoning. No matter where some rases say they're anti-christ and don't even make an effort to conceal it...

JAH RAS TAFARI never bow fi vanity and worship idols. In HIS exemplary practice JAH RAS TAFARI worship only a true God and serve his Christ with an kind heart which is not hardened like a stone ( like some of these rases ).

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 12/30/2021 12:34:50 AM

Cedric,
Well said. I agree fully.

How many are reading the geez bible?
80+ books

KJV? Come on.
Council of nicea? Them who has formulated what your all swallowing that. Rome?
What about the editing. ?

The ancients had to used the bible on legal grounds, to justify Rastafari faith and achieve legal recognition, because its the only book slavemaster gave em. We are still using it, their own weapon, against them in court. For example you need to put 1 hand on the bible and swear to tell the truth. This is the power and respect babylon gives the bible. If we open to the passages about all seed bearing plants and herbs are for the use of man, we can avoid charges in places where such plants are still said to be illegal. its hard for them to argue their own bible.

If a one is really interested they can read the "burn jesus" thread and learn about the manipulation and deception that blankets Christianity from the start. Zeus day (winter solstice) being always around the 25 December. Pre European cultures venerated the solstice and equinox as a tangible manifestation of what we call JAH.. they come to say thats pagan business unless its jesus worship, its fine. making it christmas to appeal to the other religions of the time like greek pantheon and convert people in early missionary work. Thats why ithiopia says 7 January. Most eastern Orthodox do. Because for them its not about the solstice.

Im not saying the whole ible is garbage but i am saying be careful how the i them interpret those words.
Also what im saying is drink water from the source. Not the dirty, polluted downstream mud puddle. The bible is not the only path to a righteous life. Their is more than one way to upfullness.anyone who comes to say "my way is the only right way" should be suspect. Tell me say every person who lived before the bible was compiled had not the occasion to forward to zion ights without that one book?
Many ones i reason with dont know the modern bi le stories. Ancient African Rastafari Kings and Queens living right w the highest heights of ital livity most of yalls caant even imagine their daily vibration. With all the colonists agenda failed and their book unaffective. Free from the downpression of religion.
Yes religion and spiritual faith can be 2 separate things my idren.

I really like some of the bible stories.
Its not all bad. Some of it is really great but its not ALL good.
Use your brain.

Find the origin of the stories (mostly KMT) and read the ori ginals. Then read the bible again and check the manipulation. If you dont want to believe i, or do the research yourself, lets ask GARVEYS AFRICA to elaborate....

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 12/30/2021 12:40:09 AM

"What I'm actually talking about is that burning the bible doesn't give anyone permission to ridicule and mock those who find their redemption in the bible."

Very true. I agree 100 percent.
No ridicule or mocking. Ivery i has they own trod but mockery and ridicule of your own family is completely unacceptable.

Thats what im saying about more than 1 path to JAH. Ivery 1 does what is right in they own sight.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I