Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7600&start_row=31

A rasta Christmas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/30/2021 12:49:51 PM

Does this mean that the Egyptians did not worship God at the time they enslaved the black nation of Israel?

I ask this because you remember God worked terrible plagues and blows against the Egyptians, including striking their first born with the curse of death, man and beast alike. Was God suddenly divided against HIS original worshippers ( Egyptians ) and decided to strike and chastice them, now that he had acquired new worshippers from the slaves (Israelites)? Was God suddenly angry with his old congregation that he decided to device horrible magick against them? Remember it is written the sorcerers and wizards of Egypt ( kemet ) tried to perform the same tricks as the God of Moses but failed to cause effect and/or were defeated.

We simply have to conclude that God first assembled with Israelites on a national scale while they were slaves in Egypt. That is why he mentioned that he is their God from Egypt. He did not mean He was God of the Egyptians because he killed their first born, but he was their Saviour from the hands of the Egyptians.

Although they might seem similar, the use of the word AMEN in Hebrew Israel totally differs from KEMET theology. In Kemet it is the name of God, right?

Although amen, in Judaism, is commonly used as a response to a blessing, it also is often used by Hebrew speakers as an affirmation of other forms of declaration (including outside of religious context) and does not mean the Sun or anything close. It is translated as 'of truth' two times in Isaiah 65:16

Amen is an Abrahamic declaration of affirmation[2] first found in the Hebrew Bible, and subsequently in the New Testament. Amen is a word of Biblical Hebrew origin. The word originated in the Hebrew Scriptures, as a confirmatory response; it is found in Deuteronomy as a confirmatory response made by the people. Moreover, in the Books of Chronicles (16:36), it is indicated that around 1000 BC, the word was used in its religious sense, with the people responding "Amen" upon hearing the blessing, "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from now and unto all eternity".-Wikipedia

Talking about the curse of destruction, or Genocide as you call it, the total annihilation of nations and tribes, these things happened in history, even if you might question their righteousness. When God rained BRIMSTONE and FIRE on SODOM and GOMORAH, we are not told wether there were women and children in it? I can't remember but when the Judgement Fire of God falls on a people, does it matter if the judgement is executed by the hand of God himself or if it falls by the hand of man? God burnt SODOM and GOMORRAH man woman and child because they did NOT OBEY NATURE.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 12/30/2021 7:09:35 PM

Bless Up Idren

It is important to remember that InI viewpoints and knowledge is not created in a vacuum. Meaning just because Israel might have been influenced by Kemet does not mean it was a copy or owes its entire roots to Kemet. Meaning the Rases who say burn the bible might never have witnessed what a healthy christianity or judaism, headed by Africans, could look like. No one gets to disraspect another I. Mockery or ridicule is not allowed, as the I says give thanks to HIM Haile Selassie I for the Ixample.

I man tired of western thought trying to drag Kemet when it all stems from the ravaging european’s jealousy and insecurities of a superior culture, so I man extra reactive to people belittling the influence or advancements brought to InI modern society by Kemet. Still to this day there are some in amerikkka who try perpetuate the false conception that Kemet was not a Black, African nation. Even though Kemet committed terrible sins and crimes against Israel, they already paid for it with their destruction, wouldn’t the I say? I think because most burn-bible Rases are also extra reactive to the harms perpetuated on them by the western form of “christianity”, they say things like Kemet is the true originator and all of those things. I don’t think it is meant to imply that Haile Selassie I worshipped idols. I see the I’s reasoning, and I wouldn’t have thought of it the same way, so I man apprecilove the chance to reason and overstand the I’s sight.

There is evidence that Kemet was monotheistic but that doesn’t mean they automatically worshipped the same god as Israel, or gave reverence to the Almighty in the same way. I think the west feels threatened by the fact that an African nation was the first to show the world monotheism, but maybe that is for a different reasoning. Kemet could be monotheistic but still be doing it wrong, which is how Moses was born to lead JAH children out of slavery. Similar to how maybe the west claiming they were practicing christianity but instead worshipping idols lead to HIM Haile Selassie I the Black Christ being born to start the process of slewing the beast.

I man don’t see any problem with Kemet having influence on Israel or the Talmud. Has the I read translations of the “Egyptian Book of the Dead”? In it, there is a striking resemblance to the 10 commandments. As the I says, of course it is not the same, or evidence that Israel owes its entire roots to Kemet, but total coincidence that two groups of people, living together for how many hundreds of years, bonded literally in slavery one to the other, could have zero influence over the others view point or sight or experience? I think that is too big of coincidence for I man to look past and would say some form of influence would be guaranteed. Even if Israel was using that influence to decide what NOT to do, or how to do things differently. Clearly, if Kemet was indeed one of the first ixamples of monotheism, they didn’t know how to contain or refrain from corruption among priests which is something Israel managed better. I think that is why the Most High chose Israel, because of the potential to better accomplish JAH will. Kemet was obviously doing it wrong.

As far as the curse of destruction goes, I man surprised to hear the I question the difference of Judgement Fire executed by the hand of JAH or from the hand of man. The will of JAH is the will of JAH, but who is one to claim they know that will? InI were given free will to create (and destroy) from the Most High, but not the full knowledge of JAH will. Let InI remember all the troubles the world has seen being committed by people who think they are doing their god’s will. Any “act of god” from the hands of a human will be forever suspect to the influences of corruption, greed, vanity, or any other limited-sight human characteristics. The Most High JAH can’t even be described with those human characteristics, as the I knows.

HIM Haile Selassie I Guide I

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/31/2021 12:41:19 AM

My question still is did the God of Kemet turned against his own people ( Egyptians ) in favour of the Israelites? To the extend of inflicting painful and shameful plagues against them?

- Frogs, darkness for 3 days, bloodied waters, festering boils, locust who ate everything on their farms, thunderstorm of hail and fire that killed people and animals... Gnats (lice), flies... death of their first born... You name it. Clearly this was a different God from the God of Egypt because the sorcerers and wizards of Egypt tried to perform the same tricks as Moses yet they failed and were defeated.

Ironically Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians yet in this case the student had evolved to be better than the teacher at magical?

Remember after the terrible curses and disasters brought upon Egypt by Moses, Pharaoh often begged him to entreat God on his behalf and have the plague removed and he would let the Israelites go away, but soon after Moses had the plague removed Pharaoh hardened his heart and refused to let the people go.

Only after the Mighty God of Moses struck Egyptians with death of their first born did they let Israelites go.

If Pharaoh had to beg Moses to entreat God so the plague would be removed, and if the Sorcerers and wizards of Egypt tried but failed to produce results as Moses, then they were certainly worshipping different Gods. Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians but how does the student excel in magick far more than his own teachers?

Exodus 3:6,15,18-20
[6]Moreouer hee said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Iacob. And Moses hid his face: for he was afraid to looke vpon God.
[15]And God said moreouer vnto Moses, Thus shalt thou say vnto the children of Israel; The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Iacob hath sent me vnto you: this is my name for euer, and this is my memoriall vnto all generations.
[18]And they shall hearken to thy voyce: and thou shalt come, thou and the Elders of Israel vnto the King of Egypt, and you shall say vnto him, The Lord God of the Hebrewes hath met with vs: and now let vs goe, (wee beseech thee) three dayes iourney into the wildernes, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.
[19]¶ And I am sure that the King of Egypt will not let you goe, no not by a mightie hand.
[20]And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will doe in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you goe.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2022 6:19:56 AM

You have to first answer the question of what the time period of Moses was. If not the era of the Old or Middle Kingdom it could well be foreign invaders on the Throne of Egypt and not the original black Kemetyu of Nile Valley Africa.

Some say Moses a Thutmoses
Some say Israelite a Hyksos

The relationship between Ethiopia and Egypt is complex, just as with the Orthodox wirh the Coptic. Even in Exodus it states the original Israelite makeup was a mixed multitude of other Egyptian prisoners and so on, who werrw they? Were they the original people of Kemet? When reasoning Egypt you uave to have a sense of the time period your talking about as your talking about several thousand years of history of an area long regarded as the capital of the world.

Give thanks

Grave Robbery

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I