Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7599&start_row=1

Voting

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 11/15/2021 10:09:38 AM

What do you think about the idea of ​;​;not voting? The reason I ask is that most people in our community have this "vote or die" mentality. There are elections in my country right now, but many politicians have committed a lot of offenses in these covid times and I do not feel motivated to vote. If no one voted, Babylon would be able to see that they made less and less sense and one could perhaps help start a new society without all that corruption.

But I see that many are against that idea and find it strongly offensive

What are your thoughts?

Blessed love
RasTafarI

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 11/15/2021 6:08:06 PM

Blessed Love Idren

Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth, I man think it is important to vote. Haile Selassie I granted the people of Ithiopia a constitution with the right to vote. Also HIM participated in voting on various decisions/issues in the UN, OAU, etc. I think InI should retain the power to be involved in InI government. I think InI that live in a democratic society have a duty to vote.

The I says if no one voted babylon would see... and I man want to stop it right there because if no one voted, babylon would still vote and win without anyone opposing them.

I decided not to vote once as a youth because I reasoned that none of the politricksters represented I. The elections that year turned out terrible for InI, and I community is still feeling the effects. Now, that didn't happen by one vote, so its not like I man could be personally held responsible, but I always regretted not voting in that election.

InI need to be aware of how they are using the same technology they developed for "targeted advertising" to socially condition InI further into complacency. What I mean is: babylon rejoices when InI stay silent and dont vote. However, with AI and the internet, babylon can even trick InI into voting for who they want. InI need to stay vigilant, think for oneself, and not get tricked into throw away votes.

I man relate to the frustrations with modern democracies, seeming like there is little difference between the few options, and the blatant hypocrisy and corruptions, but InI need to soldier on and vote for who InI can, because it is going to get worse before it gets better.

HIM Haile Selassie I Guidance

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 11/17/2021 3:23:33 PM

Give thanks for your wise words motivating InI

I find a point in what you're saying that they would probably continue and that I then just would indirectly give someone else my vote.

I found a green party that reminded me more of my views
Anyways..

Give Thanks
Selassie I

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I