Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7572&start_row=31

Do you need to dreadup to be rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 10/20/2021 8:18:03 PM

My problem with the neanderthal thing, you are gonna deny them their dignity as men because you didn't come from them? But they had tools, they made fires, they loved their families, for all we know they had music and art like us. In the case of Europeans and Asians, we do partly come from them. And they are still a very distant relative of black people, because all life originated in Africa, and we all share a common ancestor. It's not as if neanderthals didn't come from the same ancestors if you go back far enough.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/21/2021 12:26:12 AM

Respect Carter, not all cultures and individuals see creation the same, and this is good.

I am just saying the world view you are pushing and follow cannot and will not be imposed on and adopted by all indigenous people and all their descendants

INI see things differently and therefore live differently. We know where our livity comes from and dont need all your evolution talk to maintain our cultures

ride natty ride

JAH bless up ALL creation

(And I never denied a Neanderthal their dignity as a man, a monkey or anything in between... ahhaha!)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/24/2021 11:43:39 PM

Carter by original man I mean original man

Human

Homo sapian sapian if you want to science things up

This excludes anything prior.

The Nile Valley remains through science, through religion, through anthropology; remains the cradle of human existence and of civilisation

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/5/2021 4:58:00 PM

King Jam you say, "haile selassie didnt have long hair. would you say you are more spiritual then him? because your hair is long"

In His youth one can see that Selassie had long hair and in His last days in the palace Selassie's hair was growing long and He even had some locks. HIM also kept a beard throughout His years and He never had very short hair.

That being said; there are things His Majesty does that RastafarI people don't do, as there are things that His Majesty does not do that RastafarI people do.

Your question is a silly one to me. I sighted how long hair and locks can be used as a spiritual tool. I never said that having long hair makes one more spiritual. Also, the quote you keep posting from Selassie about religion and spirituality may not have even been spoken by HIM. There is not a sighted speech or writing that the quote came from (post the speech if I am wrong)

People keep trying to change RastafarI, saying you don't have to do this or that to be a Rasta, or it's okay to do this or that and still be a Rasta. How much you want to come and change about RastafarI? People want the title without doing the works, they want to be identified with the movement, yet they don't want the livity that comes with the trod.

When someone asks these kind of questions (do I have to dread to be rasta?) what I hear them asking is "how much can I not do, how much can I take away from RastafarI and still be CONsidered a rasta?"

So I wonder, why do they even want to call themselves Rasta?

JAH Knows
Selah

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 11/7/2021 4:27:01 AM

we all know the picture of selassie as a youth.... but the rasta movement was not in action at that point. it was only when HIM had short hair was the movement active.

also if your holding on to these material things and thinking that makes you rasta, you are wrong.
Rasta is not about what the other is doing or looks like, its about yourself, and how much you really love HIM.

Some people cant grow hair, but if they love HIM to the extent of there heart, then they are rasta too.

http://www.africaspeaks.com/On_Spirituality.html

im just making a point... . most of these so called rasta, are wolf in sheep clothing.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/8/2021 9:05:21 AM

Not only in His youth, Selassie also had long hair and locks in His last days in His palace. There is a documentary movie that shows this.

I think it is you who are holding onto material things, as you can't seem to overstand the spiritual depth and significance of locks, you only sight the superficial about locks being hair. As far as ones not being able to grow hair, I've seen many RastafarI who had baldness on top of their heads and locks growing on the sides or back of their heads. It is not a vanity thing.

If they have no hair at all to grow locks, well then that's just what it is. And I say shine on to the I them that cannot grow any hair.

I checked the link you posted, yes I have read that speech, the speech itself is not what I am asking for. What I am asking for is the date and place that His majesty gave the speech. When and where did He say these things? InI can sight when and where His other speeches and writings where given, so show me when and where HIM said these things.

Messenger: ras deus Sent: 11/8/2021 2:02:15 PM

Nuh man first Rasta man did not dread their hair.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/8/2021 4:02:48 PM

First Rasta man and womban was the Original man and womban. Their hair was natty roots.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/13/2021 8:25:19 PM

First man and woman grew natty dreadlocks and ate raw food

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 11/15/2021 6:32:06 AM

you can choose to believe that dreading your hair will make you more spiritual. but it wont.

i have lived 10+ years with dreads,

to hold on that HIM had dreads when he was young, and possibly but no proof shown. when he was expelled from the throne.
doesn't help anything.

he lived most of his life without it.

HIM said. we need a balance between the physical and spiritual.

then how can one be the other, and the other the same as the one?
its not so.

the physical is the physical, and will turn to dust with your flesh,
the spiritual will no turn to dust.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I