Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7572&start_row=21

Do you need to dreadup to be rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: King Jam Sent: 10/7/2021 11:07:03 AM

thats up to yourself to believe what you want,

its would be hypocritical of me to claim the return of Christ spirit in man though H.I.M and then say we come from mouse.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 10/7/2021 1:46:36 PM

Ok, but I don't just believe whatever I want, I try to figure out what's most likely, based on evidence. I don't avoid difficult questions about our origins. If someone asks me what counts as original man, I will try to figure out a standard. For instance, I might value cave paintings over the ability to carve a pointy stick, and say maybe neanderthals shouldn't count unless they made art. Something like that. You're just like, "whatever, god thinks I'm special". It's a very egoist way of thinking I wouldn't call remotely conscious.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/7/2021 1:59:02 PM

By original man InI make clear in meaning that the original man is the African man and wombman on Earth free from white supremacy

InI site comb and brush as folly and start grow InI hair in a natural setting far from babylon

InI did site the MauMau dread uprising and say see it deh, the original man of Earth taking his rightful place against the system of oppression.

InI did site the Nazarite, the SEPERATED ones of scripture and did site InI self within their his-tory too

And for the last 80 years InI have taken the imagery of the dreaded blackhearted man as InI own colloquial culture and identity.

Nah lef it.

The black man and wombman growing out their hair and refusing to style comb or brush in keeping with western standards has been a symbol of black uprising and black power for as long as we been on yah. Afro to dreadlock.

To the black race who claim Rastafari or claim any spiritual awareness or awareness of self, who brush comb or even cut. Why? For who? And did you bow?

Rastafari

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 10/7/2021 2:12:54 PM

That made enough sense to me, just seems kinda arbitrary to base it on a place of origin, if it turns out neanderthals were off in Europe and Asia doing basically the same thing.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 10/7/2021 2:14:56 PM

"the spirit is not physical, and then how can the physical make you more spiritual,"

"its would be hypocritical of me to claim the return of Christ spirit in man though H.I.M and then say we come from mouse."

Seems like a contradiction.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 10/7/2021 3:04:23 PM

Garveys, does that mean you're willing to go back to before neanderthals and homo-whatevers to find original man, even if his lifestyle was more like monkeys?

Messenger: Likkle Ithiopia Sent: 10/18/2021 8:24:13 PM

Armenians are kind of like that, the hair locks up fast. But my hair won't grow anymore and its already been cut. How can I dread my hair or make my hair grow

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/18/2021 9:24:48 PM

CarterBlunt,
Neothanderals and such...there is NO evidence we came from them. There are no fossils of a half monkey half man anywhere. Humans appeared suddenly along with millions of other species in the Cambrian explosion, fact which contradict Darwin theory's, theories which are not facts. Darwin did more to oppress races of people then Christianity and all other religions by calling them less evolved and more monkey like. Fire burn that folly

The theory of evolution holds no ground the more you research and actually think.
If you want a few good books that argue agaist this monkey business, read A Case for A creator by Lee Strobal and Voices of the First Day : Awakening in the Aboriginal Dream Time by Robert Lawlor

Think about it if we came from Chimpanzees we would be able to mate with them and have offspring making a humanzee. However if the first man or womban came to us in these times (wait we are already here......)

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/20/2021 1:00:55 AM

All the science books about humanities origins are trash and just speculation and imagination, though a fascinating daydream. Look at some of the things that were written in the 1800s which degraded not only man but nature and animals too. No longer Gods as Children ofGod we are degraded to descendants of Trilobites- crustacean looking creatures crawling in the oceans.

Science is always being edited but the truth of who we are and have been remains. The whole western modern paradigm has no mare validity than the Creation Stories of tribes of the Zuni, the Lakota, the Sami, The Dogon, Uro, Yoruba, Navajo, Judah, and so, so, many more.

Cant study some things. Some things we will never know in any way besides mystical. Science has its limits, only JAH has no limits

Modern science wants to know everything besides the meaning of everything. What does it mean if we come from monkeys? Where did the monkeys come from?

If we want to know who we are and where we come from (and where we are going) we are better off listening to the ancients cultures and creation stories and our origin stories as much or more then we listen to all the science quacks of the current and past couple centuries.

Think about it science text books change and are updated, corrected and such every few years. These ancient cosmologies lasted through the majority of all our family trees to the root.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 10/20/2021 6:44:56 PM

If Darwin ever called something less evolved or more evolved, I don't agree with him, because there's no such thing. We all adapted to fit our environment. Humans could consider something more or less evolved, but that's only based on our own ideas of what makes an organism "important" or not, depending on our own values. We happen to value intelligence, invention, etc, which is no wonder, since these are traits that relate to our own survival... but an owl might value different traits such as the sense of sight, or a bat might value sense of hearing more, and consider us "less evolved".

The thing is, you seem to be asserting that man is more important or advanced than other animals, which is essentially the same as "more evolved". You feel insulted by being compared to other animals on this earth. And that I do not respect, because we all share this earth, and human dignity doesn't have to come at the expense of every other animal. This is why I have no interest in the spiritual or mystical, but what actually exists in reality.

I looked up "Cambrian explosion", bro that's before dinosaurs. If you're trying to find mankind that far back, good luck to you.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I