Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7572&start_row=1

Do you need to dreadup to be rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/1/2021 9:40:05 AM

What is yall views on a shaved rasta?

ive seen at nyabinghi gathering how some rasta judge others who have no locks, thinking them not rasta because so, even though if you have locks doesnt mean you rasta,

how many rasta keep the nazarite law?, not drinking strong drink, cutting hair/facial hair and staying away from dead things.

the way the world is nowadays, you cant tell rasta because of the hair on head, as dreads is a fashion thing too,

having dreads in my opinion does not make you more spiritual, who ever claims this has no facts, as the spirit is not physical, and then how can the physical make you more spiritual,

selassie was a very highly spiritual man, whom was not pictures with long dreads. so i see it as this, if one's are following the nazarite law, then i sight it, but otherwise, theres really no need. as Jah judge the heart and soul, and to think that not having dreads will keep you out of jah kingdom is folly.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/1/2021 10:56:25 PM

My answer is no, you cant

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/2/2021 3:50:34 AM

and where do you get that reasoning from ?
explain to me how the physical makes you something which only the soul and heart makes you.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 9/4/2021 10:25:43 PM

I consider myself conscious and I pay zero attention to hairstyles, although it's sort of a red flag when you don't have it natural. I don't mean cutting the hair, that's fine, but when it's crazy hair colors and tattoos and piercings and stuff it's just saying you're low consciousness. I consider someone who grows their hair out and doesn't worry about it the same as someone who cuts their hair and doesn't worry about it. The vanity is the obstruction to conscious observation. Having dreadlocks to prove you're Rasta is the same as a caucasian wearing dreadlocks with shaved sides to prove he's a Viking. The bare minimum for consciousness is having enough dignity in yourself to not have to perform an identity. I personally bite off my moustache so I don't end up pulling the hairs into my mouth when I chew, coming from a caucasian. When my pubic hair gets annoying, I trim that too. If I cut off my dreadlocks, nothing will change, it will take like 2 minutes to chop them off and I'll continue with my life as normal.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 9/14/2021 4:48:06 PM

for the fullness;

locks are very essenssial

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 9/14/2021 5:03:19 PM

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/20/2021 1:20:38 PM

selassie never said go dread your head.

having dreads or not will not determine where you end up after flesh.

selassie spent most of his life without dreadlocks...

Go figure.

bless

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/20/2021 10:24:41 PM

Depends on the individual and their journey. Each rasta is their own unique expression of the Allmighty. Righteousness has infinite possablities Rastafari.
May all seek 1st the Kingdom of JAH, love JAH with all heart mind and soul and others as self, and all else will be added, all else will follow into place.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/21/2021 6:13:54 AM

"Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle.

Spirituality is not theology or ideology.
It is simple a way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high.

Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and each other."

words from his majesTY.
to say you hafi dread to be rasta, is making rasta into religion, set of rules. created by man.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/21/2021 11:31:43 AM

Share a vision dont impose....many rasta youth are dreaded by parents but when they become adults they shave it off. Was not their choice/commitment.
We should explore why and how first rastas dreaded up. I know many were so called "comb-some" meaning they combed their hair sometimes

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I