Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7505&start_row=1

Should I cut my twisted locks to grow freeform locks?

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Everton I Sent: 2/15/2021 6:15:07 AM

Wagwan bredren and sistren

3 years ago I got twisted locks in a salon, but right after when I began my Rasta journey I started to freeform my locks while still having the old twisted dreads. So my natural locks are mixed with dem bloodclaat fashion dreads.

And because I've got them twisted, I've lost a lot of hair. For example, I lost two locks last year because it had been twisted so tight.

I don't know if I should just cut it all off and start growing 100% freeform locks from the beginning and until I die. Or should I just let my hair be and let it freeform from now on until I die.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 2/15/2021 8:19:28 PM

Bless Up Idren

Blessed Love Everton I. I would say to Iditate on the question and look inside the I for the answer. I think if I felt a strong feeling of contempt everytime I saw or felt the fashion dread I would be compelled to cut them off and start fresh. If I cut off the twisted locks to prevent I hair from pulling out, I would feel that is justified. I would also wear the fashion dread locks until they collected with I other dreads as a badge of I awakening.

Either way, I don't overstand the concept of "until I die". How long is that?

I would rather Iditate on the things I do "as long as I live". How long is that? FOR-I-VER

May JAH guide I to the best choice for I

JAH BLESS

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 2/18/2021 3:38:24 PM

bless. remember rastafari is a spirutal trod and not just physical.
when your body dies. the hair fades too.
what use is the dreads then, a physical represenation of what you stand for, and being in 2021, this representation is very uncertain, with many people dreading their hair for different reasons.

selassie spoke of religion being the pathway to spiritualisation.
and spiritual being the connection of InI. Man and God.

do what is the I FEELS. as theres no wrong or right in this manner.
remember in the old testament. Samson was a nazarite and never cut his hair, now the strength he had was through a spiritual agreement, but still he was corrupt by woman, and pulled down the building pon them that trapped him and shaved him bold. still he had the strength even though they chopped the hair.

Selassie remained with short hair, yet we deem him as the Chosen one of israel. THe one like unto the SOn of Man. THe defender of Faith.
The Spiritual MAster.
What im saying, is obvious.
If man a judge you because u rasta and have no dread/or you rasta and have so called fasion dread. THese people dont know the true meaning of rasta.
A trod of the Heart and soul.
Freedom and liberation for all.
One love.
THem who judge shall be judged.
Bob marley say..
Judge not.
Bless

Messenger: Everton I Sent: 2/19/2021 9:27:42 AM

Bless Up rasta

Give thanks for your answers

I will seek into I soul.

I give thanks for this reference to the Bible too. Very helpful

For a long time I have been looking at the Bible as corruption, but am beginning to OVERstand more and more how to learn from the ancient roots through that book.

One love

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I